Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Data Integrator
It's used in critical integration projects to address the problems of integrating with multiple formats of various sources. We are able to debug at different log levels. It's easy to reuse components and it's helped in avoidance of any hard coding. It's easy to develop, maintain, configure and secure. We have the ability to call scripts,. The PL/SQL routines along with its regular mappings helped to avoid use of multiple tools.
- Leveraging the abilities of Target Database for transformations and computation
- Unique ability to integrate with heterogeneous sources works well.
- An application developer does not need to worry much about error handling like pl/SQL Developers have to do
- Need improvements in ease of access to the user interface
- Need to worry about whether all the required jar files are available or not for any new connection of any new technology.
- Each new technology has its own approach to establish the connectivity from ODI. Needs a seamless connectivity.
- Often ODI Repository throws errors for various reasons and a restart of the jobs will fix the issue automatically. But it could be avoided in first place. Like PK Violation on ODI Variables.
- ODI Agent time out errors. Need more work on High Availability. J2EE agents also fail to provide High Availability sometimes. Need a solution where at least one agent always works and balances connections on any intermittent network failures.
- Fast development of integrations helped in getting projects done at a lower cost
- Easy development and reuse of code helped developers and testers
- Automatic code generation facility with knowledge modules helped developers with easy implementation of changes.
When we need to work with different sources within the same project, we are able to integrate from the sources and load to the one target. When we need to validate multiple files and load the data immediately in a loop, a simple code does the trick via Oracle Data Integrator. Whoever needs to extract, transform and load from any source can go do that with Oracle Data Integrator.