Dyn
December 13, 2018

Dyn

Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Dyn Managed DNS

We use Oracle Dyn Managed DNS for our external DNS. We have about 130 TLDs. Dyn's ability to deploy DNS records quickly is a real asset. The distributed centers they employ make it so my changes are felt quickly across my user and customer base.
  • Distributed DNS data centers
  • Ability to set TTL as low as 30 sec.
  • Ease of use.
  • Navigation on the page could be more intuitive.
  • At my account level having more failovers would be nice.
  • User account management - other team members on the account is a little hard to use.
  • The ability to deploy DNS in a timely manner.
Dyn's organization of the domains and records makes it more intelligible and user friendly.
A Vendor-agnostic solution is important as we employ many web as well as on premise solutions and a DNS solution that is flexible to work with any solution is fabulous.
I have not had to contact support much but when I have had to they have been great.
Dyn's ease of use I rate as being a little higher than some competitors.
In our many years of being a Dyn customer I can only recall one instance of an outage. It was resolved quickly and the support team provided excellent communication.
For the mid-level business to larger companies, I think Dyn is a really good fit based on features, pricing, support. For the startups and small businesses, I would recommend another product mainly based on pricing.