Oracle Works for me - how about you?
June 11, 2019
Oracle Works for me - how about you?
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud)
We use Oracle Engagement Cloud to track all inbound and outbound freight orders in real time for all of our customers. It is our basis where we can calculate our sales numbers as well as our profit per product. Our sales team is driven by how effectively they can reach their incentives quarter to quarter. By tracking our sales in real time, the sales reps are able to accurately forecast how well there time is being used prospecting new customers and managing current books of business.
- Each time we've had a hurdle, we were given internal assistance to ensure we were not left alone.
- It is easily customizable to add and subtract anything you see fit (we've added additional filters down to the zip code, state, rep's name, etc. to filter through data most effectively.
- There is no lag in the system. If you see it there, it is tracked in real time.
- I would like to see more integration with other CRMs such as Salesforce.
- We have each business unit built into Salesforce and it can track the amount of gross profit that flows through our Oracle database. It then further it trickles to each sales rep and what they've closed during their time at the company. These figures are not always accurate.
- It be difficult navigating to accounts and drilling down into each specific customer to understand details.
We use customer data, compensation management and predictive analysis. It is extremely important. One aspect that we use that tends to support the sales team more is in depth analysis on data newly added into Oracle. We're able to check new business accounts as they role into our system and imported throughout our CRM. A report is then generated and sent to the respective rep monthly to alert them what new accounts have been added to their pipeline. Since we all use the same platform, this information can be translated into a forecast that can help ensure the supply chain team that we do not run into back orders on particular product codes.
- It allows you to stay on top of reorder points for your existing customers. We call them attrition calls.
- When you orders flowing in, it makes it easier to follow up with buyers for other business units since you already have pre-existing business.
- As a sales organization, everyone in the company has visibility across the board into what is our profit at any given moment for the day, week, month and year. This keeps up on track for each of our goals.
I don't deal with the building out of any integrations within Oracle Engagement Cloud. However, I will say if it makes sense...my company will look at them. The visibility we get inside the application itself is minimal. If we are using other products, it is not to my knowledge what they could be.
We had an individual here who had a lot of experience working for Oracle. She was able to bring her knowledge from working with her peers and get it installed to where we were in a position to take advantage of the services. We started using this over 5+ years ago so it has really grown as our business has taken off.
If you are a smaller start up, I'm not sure you will find this as helpful. I believe Oracle Engagement Cloud is better used when it is across an entire organization. You can set up every business unit with their own login and decide what authority they will have vs. what they will not. Each department can then from that point navigate the Cloud their own unique way to gauge how effective the business is within itself.
Integrating Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud)
The rating received a 9 from me because I view it a lot like Salesforce (which we use). Once you have Oracle built out within your organization, it is going to be tough to find something else to replace it. Once you're building out all of these different tools it will be even harder to switch to something else. They lock you in - in our case, we enjoy the product a lot.