Hyperion opinion as a student employee
Ricky Bhatia | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2019

Hyperion opinion as a student employee

Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management

We use Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management in the financial planning and analysis unit of our company. In it, we have access to expenses and FTE reports. It helps us with up to date and past analysis on our budget versus actuals and FTE change with respect to expenses. We utilize it through Excel and Workspace online.
  • Ease of modification of setting point of views.
  • Export in query mode is efficient.
  • Has information for all the cost centers and access to them is simple and straightforward.
  • Sometimes invalid POV's are hard to determine, so maybe include which one produces an error.
  • Workspace Hyperion can get a bit slow.
  • I'm a newer user and still in the process of coming across potential issues.
  • It's had a positive impact because it helps us with forecasting and analyzing FTE and budgeting reports.
  • Provides clear reports with comparison features that allow us to analyze data from previous year.
  • Enables us to create reports for predictive budgets since we operate in periods/yearly chunks.
Not yet, but I'm interested in Oracle user groups - As a student, I'm interested in mySQL as I plan on studying it and using it with data analytics.
I use Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Mangement because the company I work at requires me to use it in the Financial Planning sector as most of their data is stored in it. I am open minded and ready to use other performance management tools created by Oracle if my work permits.
When you want to access past reports to make modifications and changes, Hyperion has it all stored on the Workspace (at least for my company) so I find it efficient to use in that scenario. When you want to access something very specific, Hyperion's ability to modify the data to get your exact results is also well suited for data extraction.

Oracle Hyperion Feature Ratings

Detailed Audit Trails
Financial Statement Reporting
Management Reporting
Excel-based Reporting
Automated board and financial reporting
XBRL support for regulatory filing
Personalized dashboards
Customizable dashboards
Report Formatting Templates
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)