Oracle Java SE Subscription - Andrew's Open and Respectful Diagnosis
December 07, 2020

Oracle Java SE Subscription - Andrew's Open and Respectful Diagnosis

Andrew Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Java SE Subscription

Java is the easiest language to support because of the worldwide adoption, especially as the transferrable skills carry over to android development.
This portability is what put Java on the map in the first place, where the virtual machine can run on Linux, windows, and potentially arm/raspberry pi/Arduino as well. The ability to run on multiple platforms with low-level access along with the low barrier to entry make Oracle Java SE Subscription a winner. It's free!
  • Cost - low.
  • Portability - high.
  • Security - moderate.
  • Ancient - legacy.
  • Multiple versions.
  • Does not have tail recursion - negative.
  • Free - ease of use.
  • Low barrier to entry.
  • Multiple platforms.
Yes - App Community Insights - soon to move to a new platform - uses Google Play as a way to talk about apps from an insightful perspective as a developer or former developer. I sit on the eBay council in order to discuss my app cloud service and it makes it quite simple with node.js . If I can, you can too.
Most excellent examples <Book> Author ...type etc. Syntax and stuff like that, makes for a steep learning curve, but at the same time, it truly is a low barrier to entry with plenty of examples. With trial and error, copy/paste stackoverflow, it's only a matter of time before your custom app has some existing java code out there you can learn from. I had 17 tries until I got it right with my apps.
Azure Cloud, plus Oracle, the world's leading platform, is truly an easy enterprise software from a developer perspective. As an ORM provider technology, choose entity framework, but for small scale or node.js microservices, run a java file and export to json as middleware. That's the modular component type of technology that makes sub-components easy to switch out from a business partner perspective, because most developers will probably say, "oh yeah, java..."
Although my account has never expired, I have always had the truly wonderful memory of this to tell: as a computer club coach, I drove the university students to the contest, where java was really hard core taught with rot64 or encryption tricks and stunts for seasoned, every day coders. One professor had a Linux command line tie and a suit. You'll find people like me there as well, I was coding in JavaScript, in html. Well, at some point you need java for an orm, even if you use MSDB driver, easy to get running on your db of choice. I say "Why NOT Oracle!" It's what many large enterprises use and no one will every say "They are not serious about it" if you mention ORACLE.

Do you think Oracle Java SE Subscription delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Oracle Java SE Subscription's feature set?

Did Oracle Java SE Subscription live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Oracle Java SE Subscription go as expected?

Would you buy Oracle Java SE Subscription again?

On Google Cloud Platform, a node.js container, or just a whole OS virtual machine, disk, is able to run java. For example, on ubunty 17, easy to get java installed. It's pseudo apt-get-developer tools or something like that. You instantly have java installed. On windows, not bad either, it takes more time. It is possible. All good = java 8 + ubuntu + JavaScript + mongo db + mongoose + express + angular + node.js one one platform. Try chocolatey, package manager, and if you have a computer lab or machine cluster to manage in the cloud, VDI, lots of clients prefer java on a web server, like Twitter.
If I learned this language, anyone can. Simple enough, a no brainer. System.Out.PrintLn("hello world"); then save it as .java, run javac on the command line, with the installer provided by oracle it's possible with lots of effort put in.
I once taught an adult learner who requested that we learn it together. We had one successful learning session and got to the hello world on the command prompt. I remember the day it happened for me, I was under a tree, coding. It was on a Saturday morning, and later on I had an Arby's sandwich. I had read a good book about it from an education technology perspective. Good times.