Delivers granular control with ease!
Overall Satisfaction with Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB
We currently utilize Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB for controlling access for users and user groups in Active Directory. For example, we have groups setup in Active Directory to allow access to say Dropbox. This AD group is then tied into a URL Filtering rule in the security policy to allow whatever application access you configure. This serves us in a few ways.
- We do not have to create a Firewall change request to add a user to a URL application such as dropbox, rather just add the username into the AD group.
- Much easier to maintain access for control and Audit purposes when adding or removing a user's permissions.
- Integrates with active directory groups.
- Provides granular control of URL's and specific application levels.
- Allowed quick monitoring by categories.
- The top down URL filtering match can sometimes be tricky as the user may match something higher in the list and not receive all the permissions you intended.
- The reporting feature for specific URL's could be more easily configured.
- There is an additional cost for the URL filtering license.
- Ease of user access via active directory groups has been a big time saver and reduced management overhead of having a myriad of specific rules for one off user access requests.
- You can customize the user response pages, so for instance if a user gets a deny response page, we can provide them our direct contact info on how to request a change in the URL filtering policy thus reducing the need for help desk tickets that sit in a queue for any duration.
- The request a category change feature at Palo works well and always happens within 24 hours. Meaning if a new site is incorrectly categorized into something you are blocking via URL filtering, you can quickly request a re-categorization and be up and running without making any policy changes to your organization's firewall.
Do you think Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB's feature set?
Did Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB go as expected?
Would you buy Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering PAN-DB again?