Overall Satisfaction with Parature
Parature is being used by my department and by a few on campus. Parature is fairly new, but many other departments are gaining an interest in its uses and the multi-use products that Simplicity offers.
- Parature is excellent at housing information and making it accessible.
- Parature is excellent for anonymous and detailed communication with students.
- Parature needs to desperately make viewing student files and incident reports more seamless. Getting bounced between areas makes it very hard to manage where you are at at any given time.
- Parature really needs to bring back to sanctions tab at the top of each incident report. Hiding it under the incidents tab is inconvenient and not as user-friendly.
- It would be really great if Parature could have a retract button. In case a Summons or a VRA goes out and is wrong. Or at least a feature that allows the letter to be altered after it is sent out, Like housed on the Parature system and then the student sees the most up-to-date letter, and we cut down on re-sending and retracting statements made in the letter during the summons meeting.
- Positive: everything is housed in one place, we are paperless and we are efficient.
- Negative: the bugs of this product make the above equally as frustrating. Also, some people don't use it correctly and going back and fixing their mistake is time-consuming. The reporting feature are also pretty flawed.
I have not used any other products, but my colleagues have and Parature is a blessing in comparison.
Parature has been the best option for this campus in terms of what we use it for and there is no alternative.