Overall Satisfaction with PCLaw
PCLaw was used by all members of the firm, including attorneys and members of the support staff, for case management, time entry, and billing purposes. We could view pertinent documents, manage client information, and track our time within PCLaw. PCLaw allowed us to carefully monitor the progress of hundreds of cases across a variety of practice areas.
- Users can easily navigate the software
- Helpful technical support is provided during business hours
- Accounting features generate detailed reports on expenses and payments
- Cost-effective for small to medium sized firms
- The software frequently crashes and freezes
- Documents are difficult to view within the software
- No software integrations
- Does not accept online payments
- It helped the firm save money on case management software
- It negatively impacted productivity when dealing with glitches/crashes
- It was effective in keeping track of the firm's expenses
Do you think PCLaw delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PCLaw's feature set?
Did PCLaw live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PCLaw go as expected?
Would you buy PCLaw again?
PCLaw is well suited for small to medium sized law firms with minimal accounting and bookkeeping needs. The software provides basic case management functions, and I've encountered issues with viewing or organizing new documents. The software crashes and freezes often, especially when multiple users are trying to access it at the same time. The user interface is a bit outdated but still very easy to navigate. You have to pay more for the cloud-based version of the software and it does not allow software integrations or workflow automations. I would recommend using this software only for billing/accounting purposes and subsidizing case management with more modernized products.