https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Bk/m6/I0C49BJ5KX3I.pngTheir tagline really says it all - Zapier makes you happierWhen I joined this new company, there were a number of different software platforms already in use. We use Squarespace, Constant Contact, Google Suite - really, something from everywhere but never planned on how to make these things work with one another. Part of my job when I came on board was to get these things to fit together. Zapier has been a huge part of that. I loved two things about Zapier: How fast and easy it was to get started.When I did have questions, despite being a free user, I was able to chat with a real person.In addition, having a non-technical background, my confidence in my ability to use the platform was low. By giving it ALL away (the integration and the support), I was able to develop that confidence with no risk. I really appreciate that.,Zaps are incredibly straightforward to make and test. Support in a 1:1 way, in addition to great documentation, even for free users. With a fine point on it - they make something that seems difficult into something that isn't just easy, it's delightfully easy.,You know, I can't think of a function within Zapier that I want to be improved. What I want Zapier to do is to grow their infrastructure, specifically with Squarespace commerce and Constant Contact.,10,Qualitatively and in the short term, we save about 90 minutes a month. That's not huge, but it's something. Quantitatively, we don't miss adding contacts to the right groups, so we're not losing people who would otherwise be interested. In the future, I expect that we will use Zapier quite a bit more as we launch our online course, which will include another disconnected site that has unique contacts.,Constant Contact, iMovieZapier makes you happier!We use Zapier in our organisation and with our clients to optimise and automate business processes. It allows us to increase the consistency of our workflows, saves us time, reduces the risk of errors and increases the efficiency of so many processes the involve web apps.,It's a very intuitive interface. We learned it fast and we don't need to know any code to automate so many processes. The number of web apps Zapier plugs in to is mind boggling! The rate of growth of: A. the amount of apps and B. the amount of triggers and actions on each app is impressive and means that, if it doesn't do what you want right now, it probably will soon. I wouldn't bother taking on a new app for us or our clients if I knew it couldn't plug in to Zapier. One of our favourite tasks for Zapier is to automate our spreadsheets. Google Sheets (and Airtable) are far more powerful when you can trigger actions right from within your spreadsheet workflow.,It's frustrating that steps within a Zap can't be duplicated. eg. If you setup a formatter step to capitalise first name, you can't just duplicate that for last name you have to go through the process again which is time I could be spending elsewhere. It would be wonderful if Zapier could become a fully functional visual programming tool. For me the two key tools it'd need to do that are branching and looping. They are fundamental to actual coding but aren't available in Zapier. This means making some long hacked processes around it with clunky filters and multiple parallel Zaps which is far less efficient. (Edit: Paths on Zapier has solved one half of that problem!) I'd like to be able to setup a client's account within our's and effectively "host" their Zaps as long as they're with us so that they don't need to see monthly bills. Then, have the ability to break their account out if they wanted to go it alone. (Edit: I've heard this problem is on the roadmap),10,We don't have exact numbers but our process efficiency gains have been massive since we started using it three years ago. Instead of working on admin, we're able to spend more time on optimising processes so that Zapier has been crucial for giving us the tools and capacity to continuously improve.,IFTTT and PieSync,Airtable, Trello, Slack,Its very easy to work out what actions and triggers are available for each app which makes starting your first Zap surprisingly simple Once you've setup a Zap, testing it is very easy and efficient so you can have piece of mind, knowing that your Zap will do what you think it should do. If a Zap does go wrong, it's often fairly straight forward to find it in the task history, check what went wrong, fix it and replay the Zap without losing any crucial data (unless your fix makes a major change to the Zap).,It's a nuisance to keep two separate databases in sync. eg. Two CRM's, where there are lot's of different types of data to keep in sync. If you want a workflow to be able to decide which branch to take based on certain conditions, Zapier can't really do this. Zapier also can't loop through a batch of data and make changes to it. Unless you use a code step which is a little more complicated for the everyday user.,No,9Saving Money Starts With Automation, Zapier Is The Clear ChoiceZapier is used to create integrations between Salesmate and Drip eliminating the need to double enter all the client data into our email lists. In addition we also have it setup to export certain lead info into a Google sheet for tracking & remarket lists. Though Leadpages & Drip have a native integration process you can also opt to setup with Zapier for multiple triggers.,Simple to learn & implement Works with just about every app/platform you can think of Attractive pricing model given the true value of this tool Saves time, money, and increases efficiencies,Best part of Zapier is they're always working to improve features, integration availability, and speed of the processes, I can't think of anything that I would want to improve at this point.,10,Saves a lot of time for a small business owner trying to juggle sales, marketing, data analysis, etc... Simply put it kicks a** and has been a huge game changer,Microsoft Flow,Salesmate, Accounting by Wave, HelloSign, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), G Suite, Leadpages, Drip from Leadpages,No,Product Features Product Usability,I'm one year in using this system and wouldn't change anything, in a sense I'm still evaluating and learning.Zapier gets the job done (so I don't have to)Zapier makes it easier to integrate the opt-in lead magnets that I utilize through Squarespace with my email marketing service, Active Campaign. Of course, Active Campaign has code that you can embed in the website directly, but I prefer the look and the feel, as well as the SEO benefits of using the Squarespace forms and pop-ups. Without Zapier, I think my opt-in rates would be lower.,Easy to use. Easy to find zaps. Easy to understand how to turn on zaps. Easy to see if zaps are working. Easy to change or alter zaps.,I wish that the basic Zapier plan was more affordable, I only use the free version but know I could benefit from upgrading. I wish that the free plan zaps worked faster. I think the response time for contacting for help could be faster.,9,Increase my leads. Increase my ability to streamline my business. Increases my automation. Saves time.,IFTTT,MailChimp, Squarespace, ActiveCampaign, Canva, Google AnalyticsZapier is an integration machine!Zapier is being used primarily by the Marketing department as an integration piece between various third party software and our CRM, HubSpot. It helps us pull in data from those third party tools and sync directly with HubSpot, saving man hours and the potential for incorrect data being copied over. Once an integration and workflow is set up, it's smooth sailing.,Easy to set up integration with HubSpot Easily set up "Zaps" to pull in data from one data source and send to another Easily replay "Zaps" if there is an issue Easily view Task History,On the lower level plans, there can be an issue with API overload. The welcome dashboard is an "Explore" page to find more Zaps. A better one would be the dashboard. Better support for lower tiers,10,Extremely low cost causes a high ROI. We pay $240 a year for the tool, far less than our CRM or any other tool it integrates with, and it is a lifesaver. Easy integration with Facebook means ad leads go right into HubSpot, saving time and follow up effort. We do not run a lot of Zaps at once which helps keep cost low. Running more than 10 at a time could mean upping your buy with Zapier.,SnapLogic and Informatica Cloud Data Integration,HubSpot CRM, Typeform, Acuity Scheduling
Zapier

Zapier Reviews

Zapier
Filter 158 vetted Zapier reviews and ratings

Jeff Bramhall profile photo
January 16, 2019

Review: "Their tagline really says it all - Zapier makes you happier"

I loved two things about Zapier:
  • How fast and easy it was to get started.
  • When I did have questions, despite being a free user, I was able to chat with a real person.
  • Zaps are incredibly straightforward to make and test.
  • Support in a 1:1 way, in addition to great documentation, even for free users.
  • With a fine point on it - they make something that seems difficult into something that isn't just easy, it's delightfully easy.
  • You know, I can't think of a function within Zapier that I want to be improved.
  • What I want Zapier to do is to grow their infrastructure, specifically with Squarespace commerce and Constant Contact.
Ideal Scenarios for Zapier
1- You have two unconnected systems (say a website and an email marketing tool or CRM) and you need to connect them.
2- It's something that you know how to do manually (I go to this site, copy this information, paste it here, and do x,y,z with it).
3- It's something you never want to do again.
In my case, it was to take newsletter signups from Squarespace and add them to Constant Contact. Squarespace pushes them into a Google Sheet, which I'd copy into Constant Contact and tag appropriately. Zapier now takes care of that second step and I am hands-off.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Malcolm Colman-Shearer profile photo
January 06, 2019

User Review: "Zapier makes you happier!"

• It's a very intuitive interface. We learned it fast and we don't need to know any code to automate so many processes.
  • The number of web apps Zapier plugs in to is mind boggling! The rate of growth of: A. the amount of apps and B. the amount of triggers and actions on each app is impressive and means that, if it doesn't do what you want right now, it probably will soon. I wouldn't bother taking on a new app for us or our clients if I knew it couldn't plug in to Zapier.
  • One of our favourite tasks for Zapier is to automate our spreadsheets. Google Sheets (and Airtable) are far more powerful when you can trigger actions right from within your spreadsheet workflow.
  • It's frustrating that steps within a Zap can't be duplicated. eg. If you setup a formatter step to capitalise first name, you can't just duplicate that for last name you have to go through the process again which is time I could be spending elsewhere.
  • It would be wonderful if Zapier could become a fully functional visual programming tool. For me the two key tools it'd need to do that are branching and looping. They are fundamental to actual coding but aren't available in Zapier. This means making some long hacked processes around it with clunky filters and multiple parallel Zaps which is far less efficient. (Edit: Paths on Zapier has solved one half of that problem!)
  • I'd like to be able to setup a client's account within our's and effectively "host" their Zaps as long as they're with us so that they don't need to see monthly bills. Then, have the ability to break their account out if they wanted to go it alone. (Edit: I've heard this problem is on the roadmap)
Zapier works brilliant in most small business situations. I suspect it'd have challenges in enterprises and larger companies where their security policies wouldn't allow it. It would also not work if a company was using heritage desktop based software rather than cloud based web apps.
Read Malcolm Colman-Shearer's full review
Matthew Gehrman profile photo
January 02, 2019

Review: "Saving Money Starts With Automation, Zapier Is The Clear Choice"

• Simple to learn & implement
  • Works with just about every app/platform you can think of
  • Attractive pricing model given the true value of this tool
  • Saves time, money, and increases efficiencies
  • Best part of Zapier is they're always working to improve features, integration availability, and speed of the processes, I can't think of anything that I would want to improve at this point.
Zapier is a must have for small businesses looking to grow without the substantial cost of hiring additional admin staff. Although the initial setup is tedious in the long run it will not only speed up the sales process and save a significant amount of time, you'll wonder how you operated without it in the back end.
Read Matthew Gehrman's full review
Josephine Stafford profile photo
January 02, 2019

Review: "Zapier gets the job done (so I don't have to)"

• Easy to use.
  • Easy to find zaps.
  • Easy to understand how to turn on zaps.
  • Easy to see if zaps are working.
  • Easy to change or alter zaps.
  • I wish that the basic Zapier plan was more affordable, I only use the free version but know I could benefit from upgrading.
  • I wish that the free plan zaps worked faster.
  • I think the response time for contacting for help could be faster.
Zapier works so well for anyone using Google services. You can integrate with practically anything on the internet. Zapier is great for people who are organized but don't have a large team to accomplish date recording tasks, Zapier can do it for you! I also appreciate the fact that if an app is on Zapier, it's probably worth using or trying out for your business, very reputable!
Read Josephine Stafford's full review
Sean Pomory profile photo
August 29, 2018

User Review: "Zapier is an integration machine!"

• Easy to set up integration with HubSpot
  • Easily set up "Zaps" to pull in data from one data source and send to another
  • Easily replay "Zaps" if there is an issue
  • Easily view Task History
  • On the lower level plans, there can be an issue with API overload.
  • The welcome dashboard is an "Explore" page to find more Zaps. A better one would be the dashboard.
  • Better support for lower tiers
Zapier is the tool to use if you need to set up an integration between disparate software. There is no coding involved so entry level Marketing and Sales people can set up an integration in about 10 minutes. Because of this, it may be less appropriate for someone with coding capabilities, but I would still recommend looking into Zapier due to its many integrations.
Read Sean Pomory's full review
January 10, 2019

Review: "Zapier makes you happier by automating your boring repetitive tasks!"

We use Zapier to automate certain business processes. This results in more free time that we can spend on more meaningful strategic tasks that cannot be outsourced to a computer. It also results in more consistency and reduces the risk of errors when working with 2 or more apps, or when transferring data from one app to another.
  • Intuitive interface that is easy to use - even for non-techies.
  • The number of integrations available! (There are over 1000+ apps!)
  • Pricing - Zapier can be quite expensive if you have a large number of zaps.
  • Zaps can't be duplicated.
Zapier works wonderfully if you need to quickly setup integration between 2 or more apps. If you have a large amount of "traffic" and activity (eg. data) that you need to trigger and transfer...and you have access to a technical team then it would be more beneficial and cost-effective to leverage the app's API whenever possible.
December 19, 2018

Review: "Zapier powers up small businesses with many awesome integrations"

We use Zapier to integrate sales and marketing tools and create workflows. For example, if somebody signs up for a trial, we use a Zap to combine information from our CMS, CRM, licensing software and email service provider to send through their trial key.

It addresses a number of similar business problems, such as pulling contact information from our accounting system and pushing it into our CRM.

Zapier sends information between our tools automatically and saves us a lot of time.

• Zapier integrates brilliantly with so many different tools. Whatever you use, the chances are Zapier works with it.
  • Everyone in our team (even the less technical people like me) use Zapier with ease. It just requires a little thinking through about how your process works and you're good to go! It's intuitively laid out and guides you through how to set up a Zap step-by-step.
  • Zapier sends us helpful email alerts when something goes wrong. It pinpoints which tool is having issues in the email itself. This helps us reduce our time to resolution. If we know that we've just changed our LinkedIn password, and then Zapier sends through an alert to say our integration with LinkedIn is down. This way we quickly know the cause.
  • Zapier prices by the number of Zaps you send. If your budget is limited, you'll need to prune your zaps as you go along.
  • Everybody on the team needs to know what Zaps are in place. If you've set up a Zap to trigger an email to a customer from a CRM button press, and somebody isn't aware about the Zap... you might end up sending emails unintentionally. In this case, I would encourage tooltips wherever you use triggers.
  • I'd love to see a page on Zapier's website where it says which integrations it's working on e.g. our old accounting system didn't integrate with Zapier... so we migrated to a new accounting system. If we had known that was to change... we might have stayed.
Zapier is well suited to situations where you want to send information from one tool to another, or where you want an action in one place (e.g. a button press) in one tool to make a change in another tool.

A good example in the latter case would be, if a customer doesn't pay within the invoice due date, a Zap would trigger to mark that customer as a 'late payer' in the CRM. This helps to increase collaboration between sales and finance teams.

On the downside, it can take a while for Zaps to be triggered at times. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes I sit in the CRM waiting for the magic to happen.

November 05, 2018

Zapier Review: "It’s like having another employee!"

We use Zapier in conjunction with our ats Workable to trigger communication including emails, texts, and custom integrations with other software using APIs, coding, and web hooks. We are able to create complex “recipes” that automate and simplify many of the repetitive tasks that we would normally have to complete manually.
  • Integrates with a large number of other softwares and their APIs.
  • Customizable and allows rules to be able to tailor zaps to your specific needs.
  • Simple to understand and use interface.
  • Can’t think of many but one thing is I’d like to have more customization around delays.
  • Nice if it could export information back into systems easier but I’m sure this is a limitation of the systems and not Zapier.
It's well suited for integration with systems to send emails and texts, and there's so much more you can do. It lets you use your imagination to create.
February 04, 2019

Zapier Review: "The Easiest Way to Tie Together All Your Business Apps"

We're using Zapier primarily for marketing and sales automation, however, due to its ability to connect with a lot of our other apps in departments like client success, that may change in the future.
  • Very intuitive and easy to use interface.
  • Massive library of apps and services to integrate together.
  • Straightforward descriptions about what each trigger and action does.
  • It's probably a moot point since Zapier is mainly geared towards business automation rather than consumer products, but I will say that IFTTT.com has a wide breadth of DIY and Internet of Things integrations for things like automating various hardware and smart home devices.
Zapier is a great way to integrate together all the apps you already use based on rules and triggers that you can define.
October 08, 2018

Zapier Review: "Automate your life!"

We use Zapier to automate support, success, marketing, and operations tasks. While the interface could be a little more intuitive, there's really nothing as robust as Zapier to help us accomplish the tasks that would otherwise consume hours of our weeks. Integrations with third-party apps is extensive and that alone makes Zapier the best choice for our organization and so many others.
  • Automate simple and complex tasks alike
  • Scalable for extensive business contexts
  • Integrations! The number of third parties Zapier integrates with is unmatched
  • While most pick up on how to use Zapier pretty quickly, we have a number of people in the organization who aren't as tech-savvy and had difficulty understanding exactly how the platform worked—improving the interface might help with that
  • Sometimes, triggers aren't available, but that's honestly rare
Zapier is great for automating tasks you find yourself doing repeatedly. Whether piping leads from one system to another, triggering emails in response to certain events, or even something as simple as changing your Slack status to "in a meeting" when your calendar lists as busy, Zapier is the best tool out there.
August 17, 2018

Zapier Review: "A simple way to automate tasks and connect your software"

Zapier is being used to automate tasks between different software apps that would otherwise be manual work. The problem it solves is that it saves me a lot of time that I'd otherwise be spending on redundant tasks, and allows me to focus on more important and pressing tasks that I have to do.
  • Simple UI and UX
  • Lots of integrations with a bunch of apps, including webhooks
  • Makes automation easy by the way of straightforward connections between many of the most popular (and up and coming) apps
  • The pricing isn't clear on the pricing page, it causes confusion because you have to talk to someone about pricing based on your specs. Other than that, I like Zapier, it's pretty good.
If you have an extremely simple workflow, you may not need Zapier. If your manual processes are only a couple minutes, and you have low volume, it may not be worth your time and money. However, if you have multi-step processes that would take a lot of manual work, it most certainly is worth your time and money. For example, one workflow alone, I save myself about 10 minutes per record. Added up in a month and that's a lot of time saved.
Bart Caylor profile photo
August 10, 2018

User Review: "Zapier is a Time Saver!"

We use Zapier to move data between many of our cloud-based accounts. It has been a real time saver to make it easier to manage a virtual team and get data into the various systems we use (Proposify for proposals, Teamwork for project management and collaboration, Google Drive, Google Suite for email and calendar, FreshBooks for invoicing, etc.). Zapier allows us to thread them all together to create automated tasks.
  • Automation - the backbone of Zapier and the magic sauce...no coding of APIs required.
  • Easy interface - You don't have to be a programmer to use it.
  • Professional service - I have used the others (ITTT) but I found Zapier to be more professional both in the website and tools, but prompt in service.
  • Not all tools are on the platform...but that is not necessarily their issue.
  • Some of the triggers and hooks are limiting...I don't have full access to all of the ways to get the data out of systems as I hoped.
  • Sometimes it is hard to keep track of the different connected systems.
Best places to user Zapier:
  • Simple automation...moving data from one area to another (Tweets moved to an Evernote Notebook).
  • Automating trigger emails: team, we just landed a new job and here are the details after a client signs off.
  • Moving data from a web form to a database or CRM for more use.
Challenges:
  • Complex processing of data.
  • Real-time needs...the data is usually about 15 minutes behind real-time needs.
Read Bart Caylor's full review
Kyle Garrett profile photo
July 24, 2018

User Review: "Zapier Makes you a Wizard!"

Primarily Zapier is used in our organization just by myself to integrate systems that are not natively integrated. We do things like notify of new leads from Facebook, LinkedIn, and other paid digital channels, as well as make sure they are seamlessly added to our CRM, Salesforce. We also notify when new deals are closed integrating Salesforce and Slack. Zapier lets us get quicker and more efficient with our daily processes and allows us to scale those processes.
  • Plenty of integrations to choose from. I have rarely ran into a system I've wanted to integrate that Zapier did not already have something built.
  • Simple to use. This type of work would be impossible with my developer skill levels (which are practically none). Zapier makes me look like a wizard to the rest of my company.
  • Very Affordable. No only do they have a free option if you are just integrating a few things, but their paid tiers are affordable and each one makes sense to a specific audience.
  • I genuinely like everything about Zapier, the only negative I can drum up would be that once in a while I run into an app that doesn't have the trigger I want or at worst, a few apps that are not available for integration at all
Zapier really is great for a few people, or ever one person, to be able to quickly integrate and create automated processes that increase efficiency. This is great for startups, small business, or even small teams within bigger companies. I've used it at all levels, as a consultant, working with startups, and working at a large company. Zapier really is a secret weapon for me to making connections not before thought possible. It's one of my main tools I take with me on any job and recommend to any and all of my clients.
Read Kyle Garrett's full review
Kai Crow profile photo
July 24, 2018

Zapier Review: "A highly valuable business tool for us"

We use Zapier across a number of departments. Mostly it's to link apps or systems that don't have pre-built integrations to each other. For some cases, we also use Zapier to build workflows that can't be achieved in other apps, using Zapier utilities like storage, formatter and equations to update data or trigger other processes and then send back to the same application.
In general, this helps us scale faster because we don't have to wait for lengthy dev builds using APIs to achieve a similar result.
  • Nicely thought out, simple interface - quick to learn and easy to understand.
  • Zapier utilities are brilliant - allow you to make much more complex workflows.
  • Lots of apps and services that Zapier works with.
  • Would be nice to be able to create multiple branches within one zap, rather than just using a straight yes/no continue logic filter.
  • Would be nice to be able to filter zaps at the trigger stage - so where we filter out all but one of the triggering events, we wouldn't have all the rest count against account limits.
We've used it for a range of applications from simple syncing of activities, leads or data between two systems to building more advanced processes, like round robin distributions. One frequent use is for triggering Slack notifications from different systems that don't already have integrations with Slack, or who's integrations don't do exactly what we want.
Less appropriate cases, are where the only available trigger events fire off frequently, eg a salesforce activity, where we might have tens of thousands per day - you can easily filter the zap at the second step, but it quickly chew through usage limits.
Read Kai Crow's full review
Witt Sparks profile photo
July 24, 2018

"Review of Zapier from the perspective of an App developer"

I am a software developer with http://assessmentgenerator.com. I built a Zapier App to allow our users to connect their Assessment Generator assessments to their CRM or other apps using Zapier.
  • Zapier technical support is outstanding. Their support staff is friendly, responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable
  • The Zapier platform is quite flexible; it can accommodate a variety of needs and use cases.
  • Developing a Zapier app requires coding knowledge and familiarity with software development tools. I think, though, that this is unavoidable due to the nature of developing an app.
It's great for taking the well-defined output from one application and routing it into another application in order to cause some action to occur there. In Assessment Generator, for example, when a user completes an assessment, their contact information (and scores if desired) are automatically passed to the assessment author's CRM system, where they are used to create new contacts or kick off an auto-responder sequence.
Read Witt Sparks's full review
Dave Seeman profile photo
July 24, 2018

Review: "Zapier will save you more time than you think"

Zapier saves time. We use it in every functional role from automating emails, invoices, document creation, file creation, notifications, and more. It can be used by almost any department as long as you're using cloud software that integrates w/ Zapier (most do).
  • Set up is incredibly easy with Zapier. They walk you through setting up the "zap" step by step.
  • They connect with every important SAAS company and maintain them well.
  • Multi-step "zaps" make it incredibly powerful.
  • The built in actions and triggers like timers and saved date are very helpful.
  • The email parser tool is magical.
  • Honestly, I can't think of what I'd improve. I guess I wish it was cheaper but it's worth the price.
  • I haven't needed an app that wasn't available. I usually choose software specifically because it works w/ Zapier.
It's appropriate whenever you take a number of actions every time X happens.

For example, you get a new client and you have to send them an email, set a meeting, create a folder for their project, etc. You could create a google form for new projects, input the info, and have a zap that sets up all of those other steps for you automagically.
Read Dave Seeman's full review
Gabriel Perez profile photo
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Zapier came to the rescue."

Since we move very quickly we don't have the time to draw out a network plan, and figure out what it touches, evaluate that and then implement. We started with the free plan testing out some "zaps" and went to the paid "Starter" subscription. I'm not a network admin by any stretch of the imagination and was able to figure it out through a little trial and error, Zapier help and a sprinkle of Google.
We use Zapier in our support department currently, but it supplements the whole organization as it has automated the consolidation of client issues. Before, we had a hodgepodge of disparate places where support "tickets" were kept in disparate locations throughout our network.
What was surprising is how many different applications it can be used for. We've used it to unlock Basecamp, Trello, and front currently. In the future, I can see it being used to help us integrate directly into SFDC for sending over aggregate support information for our QBR's.
Clearly, there is untapped business value. It'll scale with us and they're responsive.
  • The Trello to front integration has allowed us to track the closing of tickets without manual intervention.
  • Front doesn't have a Basecamp integration, and Zapier opened that channel by tracking new to-dos for a specific client that uses it exclusively for communication.
  • They had an immediate response to a support related question I had over the ability of the zap to include the description text for a newly created card in Trello. They even made a suggestion over how to tag the content making it more organized.
  • There is no phone support.
  • There are not a lot drawn out examples over what the additional fields are for when creating zaps. I used mostly trial and error. My goal was for the zap to import the description text of a Trello card.
Well suited for "open" IT environments where an IT department doesn't have the final say.
Well suited for small, nimble organizations.
Well suited for budget-conscious organizations.
Not well suited for enterprise-level integrations and large-scale automation for large departments.
Not well suited for homegrown applications.
Not well suited for traditional SLA expectations with no phone support and their current promise or statement of 90% of issues get solved within a day.
Read Gabriel Perez's full review
Michael Ball-Marian profile photo
May 23, 2018

Review: "Zapier is a Swiss-army knife of data integration!"

I use Zapier both for our startup work and personally. In both cases, I use a wide range of SaaS apps that manage data (from Intercom and Mixpanel to Gmail, Wunderlist and Flowdock and Slack). Zapier allows me to easily integrate these various systems. For example, our startup uses Chargify to manage subscriptions, and CA Flowdock for team chat and notifications. When a new customer subscribes (in Chargify), I can have Zapier automatically alert my team in Flowdock.
  • Integrations are typically the domain of developers and hard-core techies. Zapier makes this incredibly accessible to non-technical users.
  • Great UI - makes it really easy to understand how you are integrating two sources.
  • Excellent documentation and support - if you get stuck, it's easy to find a solution.
  • Really, there is not much I would improve about Zapier. They have provided an amazing solution to a very difficult problem.
The only reason I don't give it a 10/10 recommendation is that as easy as Zapier is to use, it does require SOME technical understanding. So, there are some colleagues who are not technical at all, and I don't recommend it to them, unless they are willing to invest a bit of time, or have someone to help.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
Maciek Pietrzyk profile photo
August 14, 2018

Review: "Zapier is an essential tool in my daily workflows!"

Zapier is a very useful tool I use in my daily workflows. It has an array of integrations allowing data to flow freely, and we use Zapier as much as possible. A few workflows include

1. Facebook leads to GSheets, Clearbit enrichment, then zapped into HubSpot with Clearbit data parameters
  2. Notifications of G2Crowd reviews into Slack
  3. New lead notifications from multiple forms in Facebook into Slack
  4. Woopra to SalesForce Leads. It is full of amazing features that make automating small tasks a breeze.
  • The thing I like about it the most is the GSheets integration and how that connects to other marketing or CRM platforms. I use various channels for lead generation and acquisition, and if something doest not talk to another, there is always a Zap for it.
  • As many Zap combinations as there are, there is always one of two that is missing. I was unable to get Zapier to create a workaround for a leads campaign into HubSpot, but I have a feeling that the actual limitation was on HubSpot's end.
We use Zapier to zap content, data, and leads into Slack. It works flawlessly every time, and is an essential part of our workflows.
Read Maciek Pietrzyk's full review
Craig Comperatore profile photo
August 07, 2018

Zapier Review: "Easy Automation!"

I use Zapier to automate tasks and workflows within my department. The primary usage is to interface with Pivotal Tracker's API in order to format stories, create tasks, change story statuses and automate processes. We also use it to integrate Pivotal Tracker with QuoteWerks.

One of the major business problems it solves is importing customer requests from our ticketing system into Pivotal Tracker. With Zapier, all of the requests can be imported quickly and formatted consistently. I currently have about 35 active "zaps" automating about 4000 tasks/month.
  • The Chrome extension to push tasks on demand
  • The scheduler zap, which allows tasks to run at a specified date and time
  • The webhook zap
  • Even with the Professional Plan, Zaps can only be scheduled to run every 5 minutes, but there are instances when I'd like to be able to run a zap more often.
Zapier works great for interfacing with applications that have open APIs. I have found many of the pre-built interfaces to be too restrictive, but the custom webhook zap allows me to do anything I have wanted.
Read Craig Comperatore's full review
Brett Farr profile photo
August 04, 2018

User Review: "Zapier - The integration king"

We use Zapier to integrate many of our apps together. For example, we use Zapier to automatically create new projets in our project management tool when we get a new sale in our CRM. We also use it to automate sending cards to clients.
  • Zapier is the best integration tool for small businesses on the market. It can integrate all the major tools you might be using in your small business, like your CRM, Project Management Tool, Communication Tool, Marketing Tools, etc
  • Zapier is great providing a solid task history of the different tasks it has performed and letting me know if something failed. That way I can go back and check to make sure it wasn't the way I set it up. It also has some filter features, which allow me to NOT run certain tasks if necessary.
  • Zapier is good at process-driven automation. For example, when we get a new lead into our CRM, we can 1. Add them to Google Contacts, 2. Create a Google Folder with their name on it 3. Send the sales team a notification on Slack and 4. Send that prospect a text message.
  • I'd love to see a more visual automation builder for Zapier. Because it's process driven, it would be nice to see a flow-chart style tool so I can see how my automation are connected and branching based on different logic.
  • The dashboard seems a little cluttered. Every time I log in, I have to click around a few times to find what I'm looking for.
  • That's really about it. Zapier is one of my favorite tools, so there aren't very many negatives.
Zapier is great if you are a small business or small department within a business and need to automate or integrate modern apps. I HIGHLY recommend Zapier.
Read Brett Farr's full review
Matthew Veil profile photo
July 23, 2018

Zapier Review: "Easy to get started with and saves a ton of time"

We use Zapier for both operational workflows as well as marketing purposes. We use Zapier to connect our Facebook ads to our CRM system ONTRAPORT, and in turn to add newly added contacts to other systems to automate our workflows. We also use Zapier for our clients - connecting our clients' payment systems such as Square and other point of sales, to marketing automation software that follows up for a review, then based on the response, adding their customers into a long-term follow-up campaign. We like how simple and quick it is to combine multiple software with Zapier.
  • We use Zapier to connect our ad campaigns from Facebook to automatically add leads from contact forms to ONTRAPORT CRM and then in turn automatically
  • We also use Zapier to automate our workflow and passing information between multiple systems such as Gsuite, Zoom meeting, Asana project management, it saves us time from data entry and automates reminders needed for client projects.
  • We also use Zapier for client projects such as pulling contact information from point of sale systems into marketing automation tools designed to simplify and increase our clients' online reviews with less manual work for both their employees and customers.
  • Finally we can build custom integrations with Zapier that is not a premade Zap option. It is really very customizable.
  • I don't see any room for improvement at this time, I wish more online programs had existing open API's in Zapier
Zapier is well suited for saving time with mundane data entry between software and other systems used to manage contact information and communications. We can save hundreds of dollars per month with time saved from integrating multiple systems with Zapier for businesses with 10 employees or less and even more time for businesses that have more team members or employees. It also simplifies and increases profitability for us when we use Zapier in our marketing campaigns for our clients.
Read Matthew Veil's full review
David Hoffman profile photo
February 28, 2018

User Review: "Zapier really does make you Happier"

Zapier is primarily used for our marketing, but with its seamless Salesforce integration, we've been able to improve our sales efforts by creating leads automatically and tracking them with a low cost automation system. Basically, we use Zapier to link our contact forms on our website (made with WPForms) to our Salesforce Lightning Cloud (lead generation - creates a new lead) and our GetResponse platform (grows newsletter lists, schedules autoresponders, etc).
  • Integrations: Zapier is nearly idiot proof. Choose your trigger app and your action, connect your accounts, and you can automate thousands of different tasks that save time and money. There are even templates that make it really easy to set up those actions (e.g. a "new lead" template for Salesforce that ensures each lead is being tagged and added appropriately)
  • Notifications: If anything goes wrong with a Zap, you're notified within seconds and can take appropriate action to fix the workflow. Additionally, depending on your subscription, Zaps can be set to automatically re-run after a problem.
  • Pricing: We had looked for a cost-effective way to integrate our contact forms with Salesforce, but there is a growing trend of companies forcing an enterprise-level pricing tier ($250/mo. and up) to grant API access for connections to Salesforce. At $20/month, Zapier is a serious bargain, and I have begun using it for more than just lead capture and creation.
  • While the templates are incredibly helpful, there are some quirks that new users will have to get used to. For example, when you're linking a contact form or form service to a Salesforce lead, you will need to run a separate test of that contact form with every possible option in order to configure the template.
  • Expect some occasional JSON errors with Salesforce integrations until you can figure out how to get the apps talking to each other effectively.
  • While Zapier provides integrations for 1000s of apps, there's still a good chance that at least one app you want to use isn't included.
If your business needs to automate nearly any kind of process, consider Zapier. The free tier still allows for the creation of Zaps with hundreds of different apps, and the paid tiers unlock thousands of other possibilities with premium apps like Salesforce and GetResponse. From lead creation to email notifications to Slack messages and so much more, Zapier could be a life saver for companies looking to spend less time doing menial tasks.

While I feel that anyone could benefit from Zapier, we used it as a cost-cutting measure. There are other direct integrations that will work much better with Salesforce, Marketo, Hubspot, etc, but those all come at a premium, which is fine for larger companies. For the rest of us, you really can't beat the simplicity and functionality of Zapier's offering.
Read David Hoffman's full review
Tim Berman profile photo
June 11, 2018

Review: "Every business needs Zapier (no exceptions)"

I first approached Zapier as an integration tool. I wanted to get my tools to play nice with each other, and Zapier helped with that. As I identified lots of processes needing automating, identified relationships between them, and began automating the flow of data between my apps. Zapier is not a total source integration tool, but rather, an automation engine. I use PieSync for 2-way contact sync between apps that just need to share contact data, but Zapier for all my forms. Typeform + Zapier is an amazing combination. Pipedrive and Zapier are a powerful combo too. I'm always thinking of new automations to use. SQL + Zapier + BirdEye is an amazing tool, and worth the price of admission alone.

Every business, large or small, can utilize Zapier to do more with less!
  • Automate single-step processes
  • Multi-step workflows (be very specific with it and it works great)
  • Integrating forms to marketing automation or CRM
  • Instant messaging! Front + Zapier means using virtually any messaging channel inside Front, thanks to Zaps that simplify transmission and reception of messages.
  • Zapier should make workflows shareable, so consultants can build zaps once and, with minor work, activate them
  • Historical data sync
  • Continuous data sync, 2-way (like PieSync). I hate paying for 2 subscriptions. I would rather spend more with Zapier, an arguably larger company with more robust support. Don't sync duplicates. Sync contacts based on mailing address, physical address, phone number, or email.
  • Workflow logic. We need "if-this, then that" logic on our workflows. If "this dropdown option" is selected, perform "this" automation. Otherwise, perform "this" one. So forth and so on.
  • More user support in the form of videos. Get the various software partners like Pipedrive, Front, and others to contribute this content, and even provide popular multi-step workflows from these tools that users can up-vote. Provide incentives for users to submit and vote on workflows, even.
  • Improve contact search functions to search off of other fields besides email address. Phone number would be extremely useful. Some use cases might even want another contact field for criteria, such as mailing address, physical address, or date of birth (say, for automated birthday card/swag rewards)
Great for simple automations. Not great for contact syncing between apps, particularly if you want to sync updates between apps.
Read Tim Berman's full review
Cara Belvin profile photo
April 15, 2018

User Review: "Zapier makes us happier!!"

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE Zapier!!! It is being used by only myself, the IT manager. Previously, data was static in Google Sheets. Now with one trigger (new row in Google Sheets) multiple actions are automatic (email added to MailChimp, data added to our CRM, welcome email generated, notification emails sent to staff). The options are almost endless. Totally customizable to how your organization does business. Did I say I LOVE Zapier?!!
  • The UI is straight forward. You just follow the flow of options to set up a Zap.
  • I have learned about and integrated new products from reading the information Zapier provides about apps and use cases in their blog.
  • Their help assistance, through reading articles online, or by email have been spot on. I feel as I am totally supported should something go awry.
  • It would be helpful for Zapier scheduler to offer a day of the week option instead of numeric day option. I have an auto Zap that goes out on the 1st of the month. When that is a weekend, my responses rate is impacted. I'd prefer to send on the first Monday of the month.
It is suited, honestly, for anywhere and everywhere you would like to save time with a task that can be automated.
Read Cara Belvin's full review

Pre-built connectors (49)
Connector modification (42)
Support for real-time and batch integration (43)
Data quality services (31)
Data security features (32)
Monitoring console (39)