https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Bk/m6/I0C49BJ5KX3I.pngZapier helps you create more efficient workflows and eliminate tedious tasks.Zapier is currently used by the Department of Innovation and Learning Technologies as a way to integrate the multiple platforms and web applications we use to provide services to our regular users, including students, academic staff, and faculty. It gives us a very practical way of joining user-generated events in order to make things work automatically and have our workflows be less prone to human error.,Very Easy to use, it includes pre-configured integrations called Zaps that let you start making use of Zapier right away. Zapier's user interface and the way it works is designed in a way that presents a very low learning curve for beginners but is very powerful and includes very advanced options for more experienced developers. A very innovative service concept that opens the door for everybody to be more efficient and productive by eliminating repetitive tasks and linking many different APPs. Very well documented and has tons of online free content to learn more about its features, capabilities and other related topics.,The free version only lets you create integrations that have two-steps, making it hard to create more complex and useful Zaps. Licensing options are very rigid; there aren't many options to adjust plan type to your specific needs so in our case many of the included features are overkill. Moving data between Zaps is not possible, the only way to work around this is by replicating Zaps and adding conditional logic that allows certain Zaps to run depending on the event. Even so, adding an option to move data between Zaps would be a lot better.,10,It allowed us to make greater exploitation of other paid tools and integrate services that our users didn't use as much. Now we have many processes linked together in a way that eliminates daily repetitive and tedious tasks that our personnel had to carry out on a daily basis. This gives them more time to focus on more important endevours. It's given us the capability to expand our services to a wider array of users and handle more activity without the need to necessarily increase the number of people in our department.,Apache Web ServerTheir tagline really says it all - Zapier makes you happierWhen I joined this new company, there were a number of different software platforms already in use. We use Squarespace, Constant Contact, Google Suite - really, something from everywhere but never planned on how to make these things work with one another. Part of my job when I came on board was to get these things to fit together. Zapier has been a huge part of that. I loved two things about Zapier: How fast and easy it was to get started.When I did have questions, despite being a free user, I was able to chat with a real person.In addition, having a non-technical background, my confidence in my ability to use the platform was low. By giving it ALL away (the integration and the support), I was able to develop that confidence with no risk. I really appreciate that.,Zaps are incredibly straightforward to make and test. Support in a 1:1 way, in addition to great documentation, even for free users. With a fine point on it - they make something that seems difficult into something that isn't just easy, it's delightfully easy.,You know, I can't think of a function within Zapier that I want to be improved. What I want Zapier to do is to grow their infrastructure, specifically with Squarespace commerce and Constant Contact.,10,Qualitatively and in the short term, we save about 90 minutes a month. That's not huge, but it's something. Quantitatively, we don't miss adding contacts to the right groups, so we're not losing people who would otherwise be interested. In the future, I expect that we will use Zapier quite a bit more as we launch our online course, which will include another disconnected site that has unique contacts.,Constant Contact, iMovieZapier makes you happier!We use Zapier in our organisation and with our clients to optimise and automate business processes. It allows us to increase the consistency of our workflows, saves us time, reduces the risk of errors and increases the efficiency of so many processes the involve web apps.,It's a very intuitive interface. We learned it fast and we don't need to know any code to automate so many processes. The number of web apps Zapier plugs in to is mind boggling! The rate of growth of: A. the amount of apps and B. the amount of triggers and actions on each app is impressive and means that, if it doesn't do what you want right now, it probably will soon. I wouldn't bother taking on a new app for us or our clients if I knew it couldn't plug in to Zapier. One of our favourite tasks for Zapier is to automate our spreadsheets. Google Sheets (and Airtable) are far more powerful when you can trigger actions right from within your spreadsheet workflow.,It's frustrating that steps within a Zap can't be duplicated. eg. If you setup a formatter step to capitalise first name, you can't just duplicate that for last name you have to go through the process again which is time I could be spending elsewhere. It would be wonderful if Zapier could become a fully functional visual programming tool. For me the two key tools it'd need to do that are branching and looping. They are fundamental to actual coding but aren't available in Zapier. This means making some long hacked processes around it with clunky filters and multiple parallel Zaps which is far less efficient. (Edit: Paths on Zapier has solved one half of that problem!) I'd like to be able to setup a client's account within our's and effectively "host" their Zaps as long as they're with us so that they don't need to see monthly bills. Then, have the ability to break their account out if they wanted to go it alone. (Edit: I've heard this problem is on the roadmap),10,We don't have exact numbers but our process efficiency gains have been massive since we started using it three years ago. Instead of working on admin, we're able to spend more time on optimising processes so that Zapier has been crucial for giving us the tools and capacity to continuously improve.,IFTTT and PieSync,Airtable, Trello, Slack,Its very easy to work out what actions and triggers are available for each app which makes starting your first Zap surprisingly simple Once you've setup a Zap, testing it is very easy and efficient so you can have piece of mind, knowing that your Zap will do what you think it should do. If a Zap does go wrong, it's often fairly straight forward to find it in the task history, check what went wrong, fix it and replay the Zap without losing any crucial data (unless your fix makes a major change to the Zap).,It's a nuisance to keep two separate databases in sync. eg. Two CRM's, where there are lot's of different types of data to keep in sync. If you want a workflow to be able to decide which branch to take based on certain conditions, Zapier can't really do this. Zapier also can't loop through a batch of data and make changes to it. Unless you use a code step which is a little more complicated for the everyday user.,No,9Saving Money Starts With Automation, Zapier Is The Clear ChoiceZapier is used to create integrations between Salesmate and Drip eliminating the need to double enter all the client data into our email lists. In addition we also have it setup to export certain lead info into a Google sheet for tracking & remarket lists. Though Leadpages & Drip have a native integration process you can also opt to setup with Zapier for multiple triggers.,Simple to learn & implement Works with just about every app/platform you can think of Attractive pricing model given the true value of this tool Saves time, money, and increases efficiencies,Best part of Zapier is they're always working to improve features, integration availability, and speed of the processes, I can't think of anything that I would want to improve at this point.,10,Saves a lot of time for a small business owner trying to juggle sales, marketing, data analysis, etc... Simply put it kicks a** and has been a huge game changer,Microsoft Flow,Salesmate, Accounting by Wave, HelloSign, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), G Suite, Leadpages, Drip from Leadpages,No,Product Features Product Usability,I'm one year in using this system and wouldn't change anything, in a sense I'm still evaluating and learning.You get a Zap and you get a Zap and you get a Zap!We use Zapier both internally and we help our clients use Zapier with our product "PhoneBurner" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyW41fZsUE What a great tool. In our digital age, we have so much data in so many different systems that don't talk to each other. Zapier makes it easy to pull data from one system into another system. It is like an intelligent bridge between systems. We use it in several ways but here are a few examples. 1.) We have a Zap set up to hit our Slack Channel every time a client books a demo or training call. 2.) Our members often use other CRMs and they want to get the call outcomes sent to their other CRM for reporting pushed over in real time. Our members can easily add a Zap to their call outcomes (dispositions) to hit their Zap every time their team members make a call. I recommend you get familiar with Zapier and start using it right away.,Automate notifications Trigger actions between systems Simple interface,Pop up best use case examples when creating Zaps,10,We have been able to win more than 100 new clients specifically because of the Zapier tool.,PieSync
Zapier

Zapier Reviews

Zapier
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 184 vetted Zapier reviews and ratings

Juan Carlos Molina Castejón profile photo
February 16, 2019

Review: "Zapier helps you create more efficient workflows and eliminate tedious tasks."

• Very Easy to use, it includes pre-configured integrations called Zaps that let you start making use of Zapier right away.
  • Zapier's user interface and the way it works is designed in a way that presents a very low learning curve for beginners but is very powerful and includes very advanced options for more experienced developers.
  • A very innovative service concept that opens the door for everybody to be more efficient and productive by eliminating repetitive tasks and linking many different APPs.
  • Very well documented and has tons of online free content to learn more about its features, capabilities and other related topics.
  • The free version only lets you create integrations that have two-steps, making it hard to create more complex and useful Zaps.
  • Licensing options are very rigid; there aren't many options to adjust plan type to your specific needs so in our case many of the included features are overkill.
  • Moving data between Zaps is not possible, the only way to work around this is by replicating Zaps and adding conditional logic that allows certain Zaps to run depending on the event. Even so, adding an option to move data between Zaps would be a lot better.
I would definitely recommend trying Zapier out because there aren't very similar options on the market and the free version lets you experiment with most features. Once you've tried it, I recommend upgrading to a paid version if you want to use it professionally because it's the only way you will have access to support,multi-step Zaps, and integrations that run in pseudo-real-time. Zapier is a service that's intended for users with any background and it works with a wide array of popular applications, so any organization using the web as part of their workflow will benefit from adopting it.
Read Juan Carlos Molina Castejón's full review
Jeff Bramhall profile photo
January 16, 2019

Review: "Their tagline really says it all - Zapier makes you happier"

I loved two things about Zapier:
  • How fast and easy it was to get started.
  • When I did have questions, despite being a free user, I was able to chat with a real person.
  • Zaps are incredibly straightforward to make and test.
  • Support in a 1:1 way, in addition to great documentation, even for free users.
  • With a fine point on it - they make something that seems difficult into something that isn't just easy, it's delightfully easy.
  • You know, I can't think of a function within Zapier that I want to be improved.
  • What I want Zapier to do is to grow their infrastructure, specifically with Squarespace commerce and Constant Contact.
Ideal Scenarios for Zapier
1- You have two unconnected systems (say a website and an email marketing tool or CRM) and you need to connect them.
2- It's something that you know how to do manually (I go to this site, copy this information, paste it here, and do x,y,z with it).
3- It's something you never want to do again.
In my case, it was to take newsletter signups from Squarespace and add them to Constant Contact. Squarespace pushes them into a Google Sheet, which I'd copy into Constant Contact and tag appropriately. Zapier now takes care of that second step and I am hands-off.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Malcolm Colman-Shearer profile photo
January 06, 2019

User Review: "Zapier makes you happier!"

• It's a very intuitive interface. We learned it fast and we don't need to know any code to automate so many processes.
  • The number of web apps Zapier plugs in to is mind boggling! The rate of growth of: A. the amount of apps and B. the amount of triggers and actions on each app is impressive and means that, if it doesn't do what you want right now, it probably will soon. I wouldn't bother taking on a new app for us or our clients if I knew it couldn't plug in to Zapier.
  • One of our favourite tasks for Zapier is to automate our spreadsheets. Google Sheets (and Airtable) are far more powerful when you can trigger actions right from within your spreadsheet workflow.
  • It's frustrating that steps within a Zap can't be duplicated. eg. If you setup a formatter step to capitalise first name, you can't just duplicate that for last name you have to go through the process again which is time I could be spending elsewhere.
  • It would be wonderful if Zapier could become a fully functional visual programming tool. For me the two key tools it'd need to do that are branching and looping. They are fundamental to actual coding but aren't available in Zapier. This means making some long hacked processes around it with clunky filters and multiple parallel Zaps which is far less efficient. (Edit: Paths on Zapier has solved one half of that problem!)
  • I'd like to be able to setup a client's account within our's and effectively "host" their Zaps as long as they're with us so that they don't need to see monthly bills. Then, have the ability to break their account out if they wanted to go it alone. (Edit: I've heard this problem is on the roadmap)
Zapier works brilliant in most small business situations. I suspect it'd have challenges in enterprises and larger companies where their security policies wouldn't allow it. It would also not work if a company was using heritage desktop based software rather than cloud based web apps.
Read Malcolm Colman-Shearer's full review
Matthew Gehrman profile photo
January 02, 2019

Review: "Saving Money Starts With Automation, Zapier Is The Clear Choice"

• Simple to learn & implement
  • Works with just about every app/platform you can think of
  • Attractive pricing model given the true value of this tool
  • Saves time, money, and increases efficiencies
  • Best part of Zapier is they're always working to improve features, integration availability, and speed of the processes, I can't think of anything that I would want to improve at this point.
Zapier is a must have for small businesses looking to grow without the substantial cost of hiring additional admin staff. Although the initial setup is tedious in the long run it will not only speed up the sales process and save a significant amount of time, you'll wonder how you operated without it in the back end.
Read Matthew Gehrman's full review
Jeff Osness profile photo
April 10, 2019

Zapier Review: "You get a Zap and you get a Zap and you get a Zap!"

• Automate notifications
  • Trigger actions between systems
  • Simple interface
  • Pop up best use case examples when creating Zaps
I recommend Zapier to many of my clients because it is perfect when you need to push or pull information from one system to another
Read Jeff Osness's full review
Mackenzie Rodgers profile photo
April 10, 2019

Zapier Review: "Clean, organized, and quick!"

We have a multitude of data pulling from different landing pages, and often times use Zapier to make sure that the data entries are all pulled into one spreadsheet and are easy to locate. It is used across all departments, although not every member of the team necessarily knows how to use it; they are reaping the benefits of it all the time, though.
  • Real-time update as entries come in, self-populating the spreadsheets connected to the landing pages, etc.
  • Works with Google Sheets to integrate into overarching company software.
  • Makes data review so much more simple when everything is in a clean, sortable spreadsheet.
  • I don't think that Zapier is user-friendly enough for everyone to be able to easily figure out how it works.
One scenario that I often use Zapier for is to collect lead information from various forms on our website or landing pages, and then be able to go back and access all of the entries at once and sort for the information I need. We also use Zapier to put information from an application directly into our CRM so that we can access our customer information without having to manually upload it. I cannot think of a specific scenario where it would be less appropriate.
Read Mackenzie Rodgers's full review
Brad Meinen profile photo
March 27, 2019

Zapier Review: "Pretty versatile software and affordable for smaller companies."

It was being used in 2 to 3 of our departments to connect our marketing automation system to our CRM. We had also previously used it to connect our scheduling system, GoToMeeting, and our CRM together. We have since changed our base software by adding more integrations so we haven't needed to rely on Zapier as much.
  • Did almost everything we needed it to do to move information and data points back and forth between our software.
  • Pretty reliable in triggering the automation we needed to run.
  • Good about communication on failed Zaps and subscription limits.
  • I know this is more on the companies that integrate with Zapier, but some of their integrations have limitations on what can trigger or what can be triggered through the software.
Some software is really good about building out their integration with Zapier. Be sure to check specifically the software you are looking to integrate through Zapier and make sure the triggers you want, and the actions you want to take, are supported through Zapier. Also make sure you will not hit your limits, and check the cost beforehand for how many calls you think your software will make.
Read Brad Meinen's full review
Shawngela Pierce profile photo
March 13, 2019

Zapier Review: "A Good Business Tool for Growing Business"

I use Zapier for email marketing. Zapier helps me to move subscribers from one Mailchimp list to another. I set up different triggers for each Zap. Some subscribers are moved after they complete an automation workflow and others are immediately moved to another list after subscribing. I was doing this manually for a while. Now, I am so grateful to have found Zapier for this task. It has saved me tons of time and made the process more efficient.
  • Very easy to use and setup. I was not intimidated at all the first time I set up a Zap.
  • Has tons of different apps to use for syncing. This makes them a very powerful tool to use.
  • You get a lot of nice features for the free version.
  • No phone support offered.
  • The pricing structure is not flexible enough for my business needs. The next pricing plan is way more than I need. It would be nice to have more customizable plans.
  • For some of the applications I would like to use, there is limited functionality, which makes it almost pointless to use.
Zapier is a must if you are using Mailchimp. Mailchimp has a very limited ability to move subscribers around efficiently. If I didn't have Zapier, I would be moving to another email service. Zapier does not offer 2-way syncing of contacts or moving information from one zap to another zap.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review
Josephine Stafford profile photo
January 02, 2019

Review: "Zapier gets the job done (so I don't have to)"

Zapier makes it easier to integrate the opt-in lead magnets that I utilize through Squarespace with my email marketing service, Active Campaign. Of course, Active Campaign has code that you can embed in the website directly, but I prefer the look and the feel, as well as the SEO benefits of using the Squarespace forms and pop-ups. Without Zapier, I think my opt-in rates would be lower.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to find zaps.
  • Easy to understand how to turn on zaps.
  • Easy to see if zaps are working.
  • Easy to change or alter zaps.
  • I wish that the basic Zapier plan was more affordable, I only use the free version but know I could benefit from upgrading.
  • I wish that the free plan zaps worked faster.
  • I think the response time for contacting for help could be faster.
Zapier works so well for anyone using Google services. You can integrate with practically anything on the internet. Zapier is great for people who are organized but don't have a large team to accomplish date recording tasks, Zapier can do it for you! I also appreciate the fact that if an app is on Zapier, it's probably worth using or trying out for your business, very reputable!
Read Josephine Stafford's full review
Cherlyn Chong profile photo
April 24, 2019

Review: "Zapier is the ONLY thing you need for web app automations"

I love using Zapier for a quick connection from one app to another app. It saves me from the headache of doing things manually. I love the freedom it provides.
  • Zapier is very intuitive. It instinctively grabs info from one app and asks me what I would like to do with it with the other app. It sometimes reads my mind!
  • I love how it just knows the unique features of each app and can suggest different ways of "communication."
  • I love the fact that it wants me to test the "zaps" to make sure that they are set up correctly.
  • Seriously nothing, but if I were to be very picky, I'm sure there are more lesser-known apps Zapier could connect to.
  • If I were to be even pickier, the range of zaps for some popular apps could be expanded.
Zapier is pretty much excellent for any professional who uses web apps for work. You can set up multi-step actions, searches, filters and even webhooks. It saves so much time and you don't have to do things manually anymore... or even remember to do those things for that matter! Zapier is the very definition of "set it and forget it."
Read Cherlyn Chong's full review
James E. Heyward CPA profile photo
March 22, 2019

Zapier Review: "The application that brings it all together."

Our company uses all cloud-based [tools] and Zapier is being used to connect our tools and gives us the opportunity to automate certain mission-critical functions to reduce data entry tasks.
  • Connects cloud-based software
  • Provides an opportunity to automate processes
  • Increases productivity by opening up possibilities that individual software can't achieve on its own.
  • Zapier can continue to make it easier to integrate applications with one another
  • [It would be great] If you could create automation that works on data already stored in the programs - like PieSync.
  • Continue to add more triggers and actions.
Zapier is well suited if you have a high volume of data that has to be moved between various applications and if you cannot find a single solution to address productivity needs.
Read James E. Heyward CPA's full review
January 10, 2019

Review: "Zapier makes you happier by automating your boring repetitive tasks!"

We use Zapier to automate certain business processes. This results in more free time that we can spend on more meaningful strategic tasks that cannot be outsourced to a computer. It also results in more consistency and reduces the risk of errors when working with 2 or more apps, or when transferring data from one app to another.
  • Intuitive interface that is easy to use - even for non-techies.
  • The number of integrations available! (There are over 1000+ apps!)
  • Pricing - Zapier can be quite expensive if you have a large number of zaps.
  • Zaps can't be duplicated.
Zapier works wonderfully if you need to quickly setup integration between 2 or more apps. If you have a large amount of "traffic" and activity (eg. data) that you need to trigger and transfer...and you have access to a technical team then it would be more beneficial and cost-effective to leverage the app's API whenever possible.
December 19, 2018

Review: "Zapier powers up small businesses with many awesome integrations"

We use Zapier to integrate sales and marketing tools and create workflows. For example, if somebody signs up for a trial, we use a Zap to combine information from our CMS, CRM, licensing software and email service provider to send through their trial key.

It addresses a number of similar business problems, such as pulling contact information from our accounting system and pushing it into our CRM.

Zapier sends information between our tools automatically and saves us a lot of time.

• Zapier integrates brilliantly with so many different tools. Whatever you use, the chances are Zapier works with it.
  • Everyone in our team (even the less technical people like me) use Zapier with ease. It just requires a little thinking through about how your process works and you're good to go! It's intuitively laid out and guides you through how to set up a Zap step-by-step.
  • Zapier sends us helpful email alerts when something goes wrong. It pinpoints which tool is having issues in the email itself. This helps us reduce our time to resolution. If we know that we've just changed our LinkedIn password, and then Zapier sends through an alert to say our integration with LinkedIn is down. This way we quickly know the cause.
  • Zapier prices by the number of Zaps you send. If your budget is limited, you'll need to prune your zaps as you go along.
  • Everybody on the team needs to know what Zaps are in place. If you've set up a Zap to trigger an email to a customer from a CRM button press, and somebody isn't aware about the Zap... you might end up sending emails unintentionally. In this case, I would encourage tooltips wherever you use triggers.
  • I'd love to see a page on Zapier's website where it says which integrations it's working on e.g. our old accounting system didn't integrate with Zapier... so we migrated to a new accounting system. If we had known that was to change... we might have stayed.
Zapier is well suited to situations where you want to send information from one tool to another, or where you want an action in one place (e.g. a button press) in one tool to make a change in another tool.

A good example in the latter case would be, if a customer doesn't pay within the invoice due date, a Zap would trigger to mark that customer as a 'late payer' in the CRM. This helps to increase collaboration between sales and finance teams.

On the downside, it can take a while for Zaps to be triggered at times. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes I sit in the CRM waiting for the magic to happen.

February 04, 2019

Zapier Review: "The Easiest Way to Tie Together All Your Business Apps"

We're using Zapier primarily for marketing and sales automation, however, due to its ability to connect with a lot of our other apps in departments like client success, that may change in the future.
  • Very intuitive and easy to use interface.
  • Massive library of apps and services to integrate together.
  • Straightforward descriptions about what each trigger and action does.
  • It's probably a moot point since Zapier is mainly geared towards business automation rather than consumer products, but I will say that IFTTT.com has a wide breadth of DIY and Internet of Things integrations for things like automating various hardware and smart home devices.
Zapier is a great way to integrate together all the apps you already use based on rules and triggers that you can define.
Bart Caylor profile photo
August 10, 2018

User Review: "Zapier is a Time Saver!"

We use Zapier to move data between many of our cloud-based accounts. It has been a real time saver to make it easier to manage a virtual team and get data into the various systems we use (Proposify for proposals, Teamwork for project management and collaboration, Google Drive, Google Suite for email and calendar, FreshBooks for invoicing, etc.). Zapier allows us to thread them all together to create automated tasks.
  • Automation - the backbone of Zapier and the magic sauce...no coding of APIs required.
  • Easy interface - You don't have to be a programmer to use it.
  • Professional service - I have used the others (ITTT) but I found Zapier to be more professional both in the website and tools, but prompt in service.
  • Not all tools are on the platform...but that is not necessarily their issue.
  • Some of the triggers and hooks are limiting...I don't have full access to all of the ways to get the data out of systems as I hoped.
  • Sometimes it is hard to keep track of the different connected systems.
Best places to user Zapier:
  • Simple automation...moving data from one area to another (Tweets moved to an Evernote Notebook).
  • Automating trigger emails: team, we just landed a new job and here are the details after a client signs off.
  • Moving data from a web form to a database or CRM for more use.
Challenges:
  • Complex processing of data.
  • Real-time needs...the data is usually about 15 minutes behind real-time needs.
Read Bart Caylor's full review
Kyle Garrett profile photo
July 24, 2018

User Review: "Zapier Makes you a Wizard!"

Primarily Zapier is used in our organization just by myself to integrate systems that are not natively integrated. We do things like notify of new leads from Facebook, LinkedIn, and other paid digital channels, as well as make sure they are seamlessly added to our CRM, Salesforce. We also notify when new deals are closed integrating Salesforce and Slack. Zapier lets us get quicker and more efficient with our daily processes and allows us to scale those processes.
  • Plenty of integrations to choose from. I have rarely ran into a system I've wanted to integrate that Zapier did not already have something built.
  • Simple to use. This type of work would be impossible with my developer skill levels (which are practically none). Zapier makes me look like a wizard to the rest of my company.
  • Very Affordable. No only do they have a free option if you are just integrating a few things, but their paid tiers are affordable and each one makes sense to a specific audience.
  • I genuinely like everything about Zapier, the only negative I can drum up would be that once in a while I run into an app that doesn't have the trigger I want or at worst, a few apps that are not available for integration at all
Zapier really is great for a few people, or ever one person, to be able to quickly integrate and create automated processes that increase efficiency. This is great for startups, small business, or even small teams within bigger companies. I've used it at all levels, as a consultant, working with startups, and working at a large company. Zapier really is a secret weapon for me to making connections not before thought possible. It's one of my main tools I take with me on any job and recommend to any and all of my clients.
Read Kyle Garrett's full review
Kai Crow profile photo
July 24, 2018

Zapier Review: "A highly valuable business tool for us"

We use Zapier across a number of departments. Mostly it's to link apps or systems that don't have pre-built integrations to each other. For some cases, we also use Zapier to build workflows that can't be achieved in other apps, using Zapier utilities like storage, formatter and equations to update data or trigger other processes and then send back to the same application.
In general, this helps us scale faster because we don't have to wait for lengthy dev builds using APIs to achieve a similar result.
  • Nicely thought out, simple interface - quick to learn and easy to understand.
  • Zapier utilities are brilliant - allow you to make much more complex workflows.
  • Lots of apps and services that Zapier works with.
  • Would be nice to be able to create multiple branches within one zap, rather than just using a straight yes/no continue logic filter.
  • Would be nice to be able to filter zaps at the trigger stage - so where we filter out all but one of the triggering events, we wouldn't have all the rest count against account limits.
We've used it for a range of applications from simple syncing of activities, leads or data between two systems to building more advanced processes, like round robin distributions. One frequent use is for triggering Slack notifications from different systems that don't already have integrations with Slack, or who's integrations don't do exactly what we want.
Less appropriate cases, are where the only available trigger events fire off frequently, eg a salesforce activity, where we might have tens of thousands per day - you can easily filter the zap at the second step, but it quickly chew through usage limits.
Read Kai Crow's full review
Witt Sparks profile photo
July 24, 2018

"Review of Zapier from the perspective of an App developer"

I am a software developer with http://assessmentgenerator.com. I built a Zapier App to allow our users to connect their Assessment Generator assessments to their CRM or other apps using Zapier.
  • Zapier technical support is outstanding. Their support staff is friendly, responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable
  • The Zapier platform is quite flexible; it can accommodate a variety of needs and use cases.
  • Developing a Zapier app requires coding knowledge and familiarity with software development tools. I think, though, that this is unavoidable due to the nature of developing an app.
It's great for taking the well-defined output from one application and routing it into another application in order to cause some action to occur there. In Assessment Generator, for example, when a user completes an assessment, their contact information (and scores if desired) are automatically passed to the assessment author's CRM system, where they are used to create new contacts or kick off an auto-responder sequence.
Read Witt Sparks's full review
Dave Seeman profile photo
July 24, 2018

Review: "Zapier will save you more time than you think"

Zapier saves time. We use it in every functional role from automating emails, invoices, document creation, file creation, notifications, and more. It can be used by almost any department as long as you're using cloud software that integrates w/ Zapier (most do).
  • Set up is incredibly easy with Zapier. They walk you through setting up the "zap" step by step.
  • They connect with every important SAAS company and maintain them well.
  • Multi-step "zaps" make it incredibly powerful.
  • The built in actions and triggers like timers and saved date are very helpful.
  • The email parser tool is magical.
  • Honestly, I can't think of what I'd improve. I guess I wish it was cheaper but it's worth the price.
  • I haven't needed an app that wasn't available. I usually choose software specifically because it works w/ Zapier.
It's appropriate whenever you take a number of actions every time X happens.

For example, you get a new client and you have to send them an email, set a meeting, create a folder for their project, etc. You could create a google form for new projects, input the info, and have a zap that sets up all of those other steps for you automagically.
Read Dave Seeman's full review
Gabriel Perez profile photo
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Zapier came to the rescue."

Since we move very quickly we don't have the time to draw out a network plan, and figure out what it touches, evaluate that and then implement. We started with the free plan testing out some "zaps" and went to the paid "Starter" subscription. I'm not a network admin by any stretch of the imagination and was able to figure it out through a little trial and error, Zapier help and a sprinkle of Google.
We use Zapier in our support department currently, but it supplements the whole organization as it has automated the consolidation of client issues. Before, we had a hodgepodge of disparate places where support "tickets" were kept in disparate locations throughout our network.
What was surprising is how many different applications it can be used for. We've used it to unlock Basecamp, Trello, and front currently. In the future, I can see it being used to help us integrate directly into SFDC for sending over aggregate support information for our QBR's.
Clearly, there is untapped business value. It'll scale with us and they're responsive.
  • The Trello to front integration has allowed us to track the closing of tickets without manual intervention.
  • Front doesn't have a Basecamp integration, and Zapier opened that channel by tracking new to-dos for a specific client that uses it exclusively for communication.
  • They had an immediate response to a support related question I had over the ability of the zap to include the description text for a newly created card in Trello. They even made a suggestion over how to tag the content making it more organized.
  • There is no phone support.
  • There are not a lot drawn out examples over what the additional fields are for when creating zaps. I used mostly trial and error. My goal was for the zap to import the description text of a Trello card.
Well suited for "open" IT environments where an IT department doesn't have the final say.
Well suited for small, nimble organizations.
Well suited for budget-conscious organizations.
Not well suited for enterprise-level integrations and large-scale automation for large departments.
Not well suited for homegrown applications.
Not well suited for traditional SLA expectations with no phone support and their current promise or statement of 90% of issues get solved within a day.
Read Gabriel Perez's full review
Michael Ball-Marian profile photo
May 23, 2018

Review: "Zapier is a Swiss-army knife of data integration!"

I use Zapier both for our startup work and personally. In both cases, I use a wide range of SaaS apps that manage data (from Intercom and Mixpanel to Gmail, Wunderlist and Flowdock and Slack). Zapier allows me to easily integrate these various systems. For example, our startup uses Chargify to manage subscriptions, and CA Flowdock for team chat and notifications. When a new customer subscribes (in Chargify), I can have Zapier automatically alert my team in Flowdock.
  • Integrations are typically the domain of developers and hard-core techies. Zapier makes this incredibly accessible to non-technical users.
  • Great UI - makes it really easy to understand how you are integrating two sources.
  • Excellent documentation and support - if you get stuck, it's easy to find a solution.
  • Really, there is not much I would improve about Zapier. They have provided an amazing solution to a very difficult problem.
The only reason I don't give it a 10/10 recommendation is that as easy as Zapier is to use, it does require SOME technical understanding. So, there are some colleagues who are not technical at all, and I don't recommend it to them, unless they are willing to invest a bit of time, or have someone to help.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
Sean Pomory profile photo
August 29, 2018

User Review: "Zapier is an integration machine!"

Zapier is being used primarily by the Marketing department as an integration piece between various third party software and our CRM, HubSpot. It helps us pull in data from those third party tools and sync directly with HubSpot, saving man hours and the potential for incorrect data being copied over. Once an integration and workflow is set up, it's smooth sailing.
  • Easy to set up integration with HubSpot
  • Easily set up "Zaps" to pull in data from one data source and send to another
  • Easily replay "Zaps" if there is an issue
  • Easily view Task History
  • On the lower level plans, there can be an issue with API overload.
  • The welcome dashboard is an "Explore" page to find more Zaps. A better one would be the dashboard.
  • Better support for lower tiers
Zapier is the tool to use if you need to set up an integration between disparate software. There is no coding involved so entry level Marketing and Sales people can set up an integration in about 10 minutes. Because of this, it may be less appropriate for someone with coding capabilities, but I would still recommend looking into Zapier due to its many integrations.
Read Sean Pomory's full review
Maciek Pietrzyk profile photo
August 14, 2018

Review: "Zapier is an essential tool in my daily workflows!"

Zapier is a very useful tool I use in my daily workflows. It has an array of integrations allowing data to flow freely, and we use Zapier as much as possible. A few workflows include

1. Facebook leads to GSheets, Clearbit enrichment, then zapped into HubSpot with Clearbit data parameters
  2. Notifications of G2Crowd reviews into Slack
  3. New lead notifications from multiple forms in Facebook into Slack
  4. Woopra to SalesForce Leads. It is full of amazing features that make automating small tasks a breeze.
  • The thing I like about it the most is the GSheets integration and how that connects to other marketing or CRM platforms. I use various channels for lead generation and acquisition, and if something doest not talk to another, there is always a Zap for it.
  • As many Zap combinations as there are, there is always one of two that is missing. I was unable to get Zapier to create a workaround for a leads campaign into HubSpot, but I have a feeling that the actual limitation was on HubSpot's end.
We use Zapier to zap content, data, and leads into Slack. It works flawlessly every time, and is an essential part of our workflows.
Read Maciek Pietrzyk's full review
Craig Comperatore profile photo
August 07, 2018

Zapier Review: "Easy Automation!"

I use Zapier to automate tasks and workflows within my department. The primary usage is to interface with Pivotal Tracker's API in order to format stories, create tasks, change story statuses and automate processes. We also use it to integrate Pivotal Tracker with QuoteWerks.

One of the major business problems it solves is importing customer requests from our ticketing system into Pivotal Tracker. With Zapier, all of the requests can be imported quickly and formatted consistently. I currently have about 35 active "zaps" automating about 4000 tasks/month.
  • The Chrome extension to push tasks on demand
  • The scheduler zap, which allows tasks to run at a specified date and time
  • The webhook zap
  • Even with the Professional Plan, Zaps can only be scheduled to run every 5 minutes, but there are instances when I'd like to be able to run a zap more often.
Zapier works great for interfacing with applications that have open APIs. I have found many of the pre-built interfaces to be too restrictive, but the custom webhook zap allows me to do anything I have wanted.
Read Craig Comperatore's full review
Brett Farr profile photo
August 04, 2018

User Review: "Zapier - The integration king"

We use Zapier to integrate many of our apps together. For example, we use Zapier to automatically create new projets in our project management tool when we get a new sale in our CRM. We also use it to automate sending cards to clients.
  • Zapier is the best integration tool for small businesses on the market. It can integrate all the major tools you might be using in your small business, like your CRM, Project Management Tool, Communication Tool, Marketing Tools, etc
  • Zapier is great providing a solid task history of the different tasks it has performed and letting me know if something failed. That way I can go back and check to make sure it wasn't the way I set it up. It also has some filter features, which allow me to NOT run certain tasks if necessary.
  • Zapier is good at process-driven automation. For example, when we get a new lead into our CRM, we can 1. Add them to Google Contacts, 2. Create a Google Folder with their name on it 3. Send the sales team a notification on Slack and 4. Send that prospect a text message.
  • I'd love to see a more visual automation builder for Zapier. Because it's process driven, it would be nice to see a flow-chart style tool so I can see how my automation are connected and branching based on different logic.
  • The dashboard seems a little cluttered. Every time I log in, I have to click around a few times to find what I'm looking for.
  • That's really about it. Zapier is one of my favorite tools, so there aren't very many negatives.
Zapier is great if you are a small business or small department within a business and need to automate or integrate modern apps. I HIGHLY recommend Zapier.
Read Brett Farr's full review

Pre-built connectors (56)
9.2
Connector modification (48)
Support for real-time and batch integration (47)
Data quality services (36)
Data security features (37)
Monitoring console (44)