Overall Satisfaction with Planview Enterprise
We initially started using Planview Enterprise for our IT projects only but have since extended this to most of our change community with only one business unit yet to adopt it. There are plans to roll out to this business unit in the near future.
Using Planview Enterprise allows us a much clearer view on the projects that are happening, what people are working on and how much time is being spent on them.This has helped us to prioritise more efficiently and make sure that we have the right people on the right projects at the right times.
- Resource Management. By scheduling resources against projects and BAU work in the tool it makes it is easier for us to identify over and under utilisation and enables us to make those important priority calls.
- Portfolio Management. The portfolio capabilities of the tool provide Portfolio Managers with a quick and easy way to view the current status of their portfolio including milestones, finances, changes, risks and issues.
- One stop shop for Project Managers. There's no Excel spread sheets, Word documents or other templates that project managers have to use or for the PMO to find to report on as everything is in one place in Planview Enterprise.
- Projectplace. Projectplace provides a platform for easy project collaboration which along with Planview Enterprise's more traditional style of project management creates an extremely strong package.
- I think the UI could do with being modernised. Some of the screens in versions pre 11.4 are a little fiddly and old fashioned. We've recently upgraded from 11.1 to 11.4 and have noticed a big improvement in the UI, particularly the Work Manager (now Work and Resource Management) and the Resource Assignment Manager (now Resource Management and Assignments). Something to look forward to is the new Timesheet which is coming in one of the next releases.
- Reporting. The current Analytics and Reporting portal can be clunky at times although there are bigger things coming up in future releases such as "next generation ribbon" which embeds reports for line of sight portfolio analysis as well as the introduction of Microsoft Power BI which will enable users to customise their reports and reporting dashboards with ease.
- Important priority calls are now easier to make for portfolio managers and senior management as the data is more visible and the impact of alternatives is now clearer enabling efficiency and faster time to market.