PowerSchool is Powerful!https://www.trustradius.com/learning-management-lmsPowerSchool Unified ClassroomUnspecified8.381012018-03-16T18:51:19.803Z
March 16, 2018
PowerSchool is Powerful!
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with PowerSchool Unified Classroom
PowerSchool is a system we use for attendance, grade reporting, and recently for booking substitute teachers. The program is being used by all 700+ teachers in our division. PowerSchool is a web-based program that allows students to track their grades in real time. The moment I enter an assignment the students can use the app on their end to see what mark they received or which assignments are outstanding.
- It easily makes calculations for you to come up with a mark easily.
- It allows me to put my comments on assignments into the grade so that students get feedback quickly and easily.
- It is easy to use.
- The substitute system does not allow you to see what the background areas are of substitute teachers
- The substitute system does not provide direct contact info for substitutes
- The Student view that we have access to is not true student view. What they see is different which negates the purpose
- Students have a real time snapshot of their grades at any given time
- There is 100% transparency in where grades come from with a system like this.
- It makes parents more accountable as they have no excuse of not knowing if what their kids marks are or if they attended school that day
I have used markbook and gradebook. Each system had good features that were slightly different but the fact that this one is web based and accessible makes it the best of the 3 I have used. The learning curve to using the program is similar to the other 2 and overall has allowed me to save time reporting to students and parents.
It is suited perfectly for most high school applications. It is less appropriate when using standards based marking. It can be done but it is a lot more time consuming. PowerSchool makes it very easy for students to see the assignments they have and the marks they received on the assignments as well as any feedback you have for them.