Sitefinity review
Dave Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2018

Sitefinity review

Overall Satisfaction with Progress Sitefinity

In 2012, I moved our organization from being reliant on outside vendor for all content additions/changes to using a content management system (CMS). Sitefinity was the best choice for our company because I wanted a CMS that was .NET based for integration with other Microsoft platforms, was a proprietary system for a predictable and stable platform, was inexpensive, and was easy to use.
  • Makes it easy for an administrator to assign roles for others in the organization to contribute content.
  • Easy for administrators to know when new content has been created and is ready to be reviewed and approved.
  • Its licensing model makes it very affordable for small and medium sized business to adopt the platform.
  • They continue to update the platform with new features
  • We have created a Chinese version of our site. I do not read or speak Chinese; however, I cannot create a role for one of our Chinese employees to be an administrator of the Chinese portion of our site. They must either be an Administrator for the entire site, or an editor for the entire. This creates additional effort / hassle for the team.
  • I have what I believe to be a simple question for the owners of Sitefinity. I wanted to see about using Sitefinity with AWS. Our web agency says that we cannot ask the owners a question, because they will only respond to an "issue". Because we cannot get an answer from Telerik, we are trying to figure this out on our own....and spending a lot of money along the way.
  • It is difficult to find one agency that understands both the front end design capabilities and the back-end technology capability of the platform.
  • Improve workflow and overall efficiency
  • Maintain the site with less technical expertise
  • Increase customer engagement
Our ability to get content onto our site and published has increased tremendously and that was our primary goal. It's easy enough to use to get other employees to comply with using it. We do not have an in-house web designer, and this platform still allows us to do most things without hiring an outside resource (after initial implementation).
It's been six years since I evaluated all of the possible CMS platforms. I really liked Sitecore but it was substantially more expensive. I really like Joomla but felt it would be most successful if you have a web designer/developer on staff. I also looked at a lot of other small proprietary CMS systems, but felt like Sitefinity gave the best features for a low price.
Content Author / Administrator
Ideal for companies who are a Microsoft shop, and are small to medium sized businesses. But if you want all kinds of cool design possibilities and you have your own web designer, you may be better off with an open source product like Joomla.

Progress Sitefinity Feature Ratings