https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/0B/5S/BO3CRT62CHQ7.JPEGSitefinity meets our needsSitefinity is the provider for our website NVAR.org. It is used by the general public, more specifically by our 17,000 Realtors across Nevada. Sitefinity gives us an online platform to disseminate news and information about our association. It is a valuable tool for our staff to share information with our members and for members to interact with staff.,Sitefinity offers a platform that is user friendly. The ease gives us a better tool to reach members. More members use our website because it operates quickly and is easy to follow. Sitefinity boasts a service staff that is easy to chat with and prompt. My emails are often answered within 24 hours. Next, after issues are discussed, follow-up work is prompt to find solutions. Sitefinity's back-end for administrators is logical. It is easy to follow and makes sense. I am basically self taught and did so with relatively few frustrations.,While service staff is quick to respond, it is not real clear who should be our first point of contact, account leaders, techs who have helped us before. I have had some frustrations with Sitefinity's analytics module. It will not work for us and I've been told the issue lies with our third-party vendor. That may be the case, however a Sitefinity programmer helped with a 'workaround.' A few times, I've dealt with service staff who seemed to use English as a second language. When you are asking for an issue to be addressed, you don't want something to be lost in translation.,8,Improve workflow and overall efficiency Maintain the site with less technical expertise Track and analyze the customer journey Increase customer engagement,I'm not sure what the digital experience cloud is, so I cannot answer this question accurately.,,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pages,Ramco EAM on Cloud,Our Nevada Association of Realtors is a non-profit agency so we weren't looking to Sitefinity to make us money but rather serve as a member engagement tool. It has done that. Sitefinity helps us disseminate information to our 15,500 members statewide and promote our association to both members and the general public As the business world grows more digital you need a tool that embraces different technology. Sitefinity allows our website to promote with video and host widgets that showcase our social media avenues. These are proving invaluable for member engagement.SiteFinity DeliversWe use Progress SiteFinity for three brand websites globally and four children of two of the three brand websites. It provides an intuitive user-friendly CMS that I can easily train people to add content to their sections. I like the module builder tool that allows me to build my own widgets. Really a great time saver over having my digital agency to it.,I like the Module Builder feature where I can build my own widgets and reduce the need for coding content. I appreciate the different levels of access that I can grant as the administrator so I can maintain control over the sites but have other SMEs add content. I use the approval sign-off process to quickly get new content approved and live on the sites.,The videos need to be shorter and to the point on one topic. Don't need to set through five minutes of How-To to learn that one thing I am looking for. We have difficulty at times updating older versions (3.7 and 4.1) to the latest platform.,9,Maintain the site with less technical expertise Build new tools and site features Track and analyze the customer journey,n/a,Kentico and Sitecore Web Content Management,Content Author / Administrator,1,000-10,000 pagesEnterprise-level control and Search Engine Optimisation CMSI work at the University of the Free State (UFS), and we use it across all departments (approx. 150 web admins, supervised by my line manager and me). She and I are the quality assurers for web content at the university. Sitefinity has a high level of user-friendliness, and an intuitive graphical user interface. Users with a basic level of technological skills are able to quickly assimilate the basics of Sitefinity and start building a web page, while advanced users rarely run out of new ways to present their content. However, it is difficult to implement customisations and then maintain these over progressive iterations (updates/upgrades).,Drag-and-drop GUI: HTML can be very intimidating to new web users or web admins. Sitefinity GUI and drag-and-drop functionality allow one to build a page using a pre-selected template. This process is intuitive and easy to master. Consistency: By creating department-specific templates for home pages and content pages, users are able to simply populate the template with their text, images, designs, videos, and other digital content. The template keeps the pages looking consistently the same while allowing a measure of freedom to the user. Corporate Identity: Sitefinity allows web admins to adhere to the Corporate Identity guidelines of our company.,We would like to be able to customise the features of the software more, but this presents issues when these customisations are not carried over to the following version of the software. Integrations with other software and/or API are not clearly identified or communicated. Customer support and service is often lackadaisical or sluggish.,9,Improve workflow and overall efficiency Maintain the site with less technical expertise Build new tools and site features Personalize site content based on visitor persona and/or behavior Increase customer engagement,Content Author / Administrator,More than 10,000 pagesGreat CMS for a variety of applicationsSitefinity is used by our organization as the CMS of choice for both of our corporate sites. It allows our marketing team to make needed changes to pages in an easy to manage way. Further, it is also used in our suite of products because of its ease of use.,Page and template creation is managed very well. Document management has good taxonomy abilities. Very flexible branding and editing capabilities. Multi-site management tools are very helpful for managing several sites.,SEO capabilities could be stronger. Emailing capabilities are poor, although there is integration with leading emailing platforms. Staging development environments and going live with sites can be cumbersome.,9,Maintain the site with less technical expertise Build new tools and site features Track and analyze the customer journey Personalize site content based on visitor persona and/or behavior,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesSitefinity ReviewSitefinity houses our company extranet and it is used by our customers, vendors, suppliers, and their prospects.,Sitefinity provides branding ability to put unique characteristics at our company website. This gives the company a strong sense of identity internally and externally.,Sitefinity can improve their pricing negotiation process. It took us a couple of weeks longer than expected to reach a mutually agreeable price for our multiple year renewal.,8,Improve workflow and overall efficiency Build new tools and site features Increase customer engagement Other,Sitefinity provides the customer journey as we expected. Sitefinity is a tool to build our own website, and all the basic elements are offered to us with great flexibility.,,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pages
Windows
Progress Sitefinity

Progress Sitefinity Reviews

Progress Sitefinity
Filter 165 vetted Progress Sitefinity reviews and ratings
September 18, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Sitefinity meets our needs"

• Sitefinity offers a platform that is user friendly. The ease gives us a better tool to reach members. More members use our website because it operates quickly and is easy to follow.
  • Sitefinity boasts a service staff that is easy to chat with and prompt. My emails are often answered within 24 hours. Next, after issues are discussed, follow-up work is prompt to find solutions.
  • Sitefinity's back-end for administrators is logical. It is easy to follow and makes sense. I am basically self taught and did so with relatively few frustrations.
  • While service staff is quick to respond, it is not real clear who should be our first point of contact, account leaders, techs who have helped us before.
  • I have had some frustrations with Sitefinity's analytics module. It will not work for us and I've been told the issue lies with our third-party vendor. That may be the case, however a Sitefinity programmer helped with a 'workaround.'
  • A few times, I've dealt with service staff who seemed to use English as a second language. When you are asking for an issue to be addressed, you don't want something to be lost in translation.
As the builder and provider of our website, Sitefinity has been well suited to our needs. We have either been able to meet our needs by changes made by our administrators or by working with service staff to address changes. I have yet to find a scenario where Sitefinity wasn't well-suited to handle it.
  • Increase customer engagement
Sitefinity helps us achieve these outcomes, but this is always a process. We are always looking to improve workflow. We always want to maintain our website with as little work as possible since time is a valuable resource. Additionally, we never want to be satisfied with customer engagement. That is always evolving.
Read Dan Eckles's full review
September 10, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "SiteFinity Delivers"

• I like the Module Builder feature where I can build my own widgets and reduce the need for coding content.
  • I appreciate the different levels of access that I can grant as the administrator so I can maintain control over the sites but have other SMEs add content.
  • I use the approval sign-off process to quickly get new content approved and live on the sites.
  • The videos need to be shorter and to the point on one topic. Don't need to set through five minutes of How-To to learn that one thing I am looking for.
  • We have difficulty at times updating older versions (3.7 and 4.1) to the latest platform.
SiteFinity seems to be more admin focused instead of developer focused and that is fine with me. SiteCore and Kentico are also strong CMS packages but I feel they require more constant developer involvement in the day-to-day site maintenance and I can concentrate on adding new content instead of working with developers just to create new pages.
  • Track and analyze the customer journey
We have an older version so our expectations are above what our version of the product can deliver. With new version of the software came stronger capabilities in being mobile friendly, which we were behind on for this upgrade. SiteFinity helped me get up to speed faster and the Google Analytics reports showed such.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
August 10, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Enterprise-level control and Search Engine Optimisation CMS"

• Drag-and-drop GUI: HTML can be very intimidating to new web users or web admins. Sitefinity GUI and drag-and-drop functionality allow one to build a page using a pre-selected template. This process is intuitive and easy to master.
  • Consistency: By creating department-specific templates for home pages and content pages, users are able to simply populate the template with their text, images, designs, videos, and other digital content. The template keeps the pages looking consistently the same while allowing a measure of freedom to the user.
  • Corporate Identity: Sitefinity allows web admins to adhere to the Corporate Identity guidelines of our company.
  • We would like to be able to customise the features of the software more, but this presents issues when these customisations are not carried over to the following version of the software.
  • Integrations with other software and/or API are not clearly identified or communicated.
  • Customer support and service is often lackadaisical or sluggish.
Enterprise-level scalability; User-friendliness; Ease-of-use
1. Workflow and efficiency has certainly improved
2. Less technical expertise is required of the uploader
3. Our IT department handles development
4. We would like more freedom to customise and personalise content
5. It is not as easy to track customer engagement in SiteFinity as it is with Google Analytics or Google Web Console
Read Eugene Seegers's full review
July 10, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Great CMS for a variety of applications"

• Page and template creation is managed very well.
  • Document management has good taxonomy abilities.
  • Very flexible branding and editing capabilities.
  • Multi-site management tools are very helpful for managing several sites.
  • SEO capabilities could be stronger.
  • Emailing capabilities are poor, although there is integration with leading emailing platforms.
  • Staging development environments and going live with sites can be cumbersome.
A very strong solution for mid-to-enterprise level corporate customers. The scalability of the different packages offers a wide range of appropriate scenarios. It is less appropriate for e-commerce scenarios unless a third party is used.
  • Personalize site content based on visitor persona and/or behavior
We have achieved some of the business outcomes by using Sitefinity as the technology foundation for our web presence. Other tools fit into the process, but Sitefinity is the backbone. Our marketing department can maintain the site with little technical direction unless significant changes are needed.
Read Jerry van Dalen Jr.'s full review
May 09, 2018

Progress Sitefinity: "Sitefinity Review"

• Sitefinity provides branding ability to put unique characteristics at our company website.
  • This gives the company a strong sense of identity internally and externally.
  • Sitefinity can improve their pricing negotiation process. It took us a couple of weeks longer than expected to reach a mutually agreeable price for our multiple year renewal.
Sitefinity provides the flexibility to work with third-party vendors to create a customized website. The integration goes seamlessly. On the other hand, companies need to be discreet in selecting any third-party vendor to implement their websites.
  • Other
We use Sitefinity for our extranet. It is used by our customers, vendors, suppliers. It is very crucial that our website has a strong sense of company branding element. I consider that Sitefinity fit the bill to a tee.
Read Yen Liu's full review
May 02, 2018

Progress Sitefinity: "Sitefinity Review"

I build and deploy Sitefinity based websites for my clients. It provides a simple interface for them to manage their website. It does not require much training for them to grasp how the tool works.
  • It does not require a high level of expertise to manage a website.
  • Simple layout templates and modules.
  • Vast amounts of Documentation.
  • It is an expensive system.
  • Depending on your implementation, upgrades can be tedious.
I feel that this software is perfect for a staff of non-technical users. I think it is simple to edit and modify content.
  • Maintain the site with less technical expertise
Sitefinity has made it simple for users to manage content.
Read Jason Honn's full review
May 02, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Content management and Sitefinity"

We use Progress Sitefinity to integrate content management for our web application. It's being used across our entire organization and is robust enough for seasoned developers and easy enough for casual users.
  • Content Management
  • Mobile integration
  • Email lists
  • Previewing capabilities while working on a page are basic and does not allow visualizing how a widget will be rendered.
Sitefinity is an easy enough tool that our content managers have total ownership of their respective pages taking the onus of time and content responsibility away from the site's developers and testers.
  • Personalize site content based on visitor persona and/or behavior
We would like to see some additional tools added to track and analyze the customer journey. We've always appreciated Sitefinity's new tool and features.
Read Spike Silvernail's full review
March 22, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Sitefinity is a good product that should be considered when considering a CMS"

Sitefinity is used as our public facing web content management system.
  • Sitefinity is a good content management system, is scales well and has good support.
  • Sitefinity has enabled end users to build their websites quickly and easily, with little support from IT.
  • Upgrades to the application can be tedious. They use their own upgrade tool which often does not work the on first attempt.
As a content management system for end users Sitefinity is a good tool. Our users enjoy how easy it is to build their web sites. But, like any system, we had to build functionality that was missing and customize to some extent.
  • Other
Our main goal was to have end users be able to build sites with little to no technical experience and we have met that goal.
Read Anthony Colli's full review
May 22, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Sitefinity if you're looking for customization"

It is used as a marketing front-end as well as to manage a registered user base. We have installed several different instances to take on different roles. As far as marketing is concerned, it's great to leverage the built-in SEO and forms for lead generation capturing. For managing registered users, we customize Sitefinity to fit our business model which was straight-forward to do.
  • Progress Sitefinity does a great job of staying on top of new and ever-changing IT security threats and patching for it.
  • Progress Sitefinity has great support for people interested in customizing their instances with a vast knowledge base that includes videos and white papers.
  • Progress Sitefinity is great at communicating and following up on any opened support tickets.
  • Creating an out of box cloud deployment experience to ease the deployment burden.
  • Improve on their developers using source control and automated deployment experience.
  • Go back to their upfront pricing as opposed to having to speak to someone.
At the current price point, Sitefinity is too expensive for a simple brochure or lead generation website. There are a ton of great options out there for this use case. It is great if your website will include various integrations to third parties or user management that requires complex scenarios that need to be accounted for.
  • Increase customer engagement
In our specific case, we were looking for an increase in customer engagement. Sitefinity was great to use as a membership management tool where we then leveraged the dynamic modules to keep track of user content. We then were able to easily configure Sitefinity to provide an interactive gaming component to engage our users even more.
September 06, 2018

Progress Sitefinity: "Intuitive and easy to use product, integrates well with .Net stack. Good pricing with some drawbacks."

Sitefinity was selected to support a smaller public site we have been tasked with supporting. The goal is to enable content to be managed easily by teams within the organization. We were looking for a product to blend well with our existing .Net tech stack and bring ease of use to the developers and marketers.
  • Intuitive and user-friendly interface
  • Great fit for existing .Net tech stack
  • Good pricing options
  • Rich API
  • More advanced functionality in the menus (can be flat and hard to navigate).
  • Templates can be difficult to locate as there are many storage locations.
  • Having support for MVC and legacy webforms can lead to confusion
Sitefinity is a good fit for organizations looking for an enterprise solution that will integrate with an existing .Net tech stack. If you are tech agnostic you should cast a wider net when evaluating competitors.
  • Maintain the site with less technical expertise
Implementation is ongoing, will need to revisit.
August 30, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Overall good product with great support community"

[It's used] Mostly by the marketing department, but other users will be added to admin roles from other departments as needed. Employees will have access to customize their page.
  • Drag and drop features
  • Dashboard content accessibility
  • Support community and forums
  • Visual organization of Content vs. Layout editing
  • More HTML options for sections
  • Easier access to CSS
It has worked great for our situation.
  • Increase customer engagement
Have yet to deploy. Forms to personalize the user's experience and content outcome.
August 30, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Wouldn't even think of using anything else!"

We use Sitefinity to update our website. The Marketing/Communications department is the main user but other departments use it as well to make changes to pages associated with their knowledge base. It's made the website update process much easier because of the ability to share tasks.
  • Sitefinity is very user-friendly. If I'm not able to figure out how to do something, their knowledge base is very detailed and easy to understand.
  • The standard components of Sitefinity make it very easy to add new modules to our website. For instance, blogs, general news, and events.
  • The online account is very nice. One login/location for me to access my license, renew the service and ask questions.
  • I would like to see an easier to use image solution. This could be active in the upgraded versions, but I'm not currently able to upgrade.
  • I do wish there weren't so many steps to activate a new module (I may be using the wrong term here).
I am very happy with Progress and Sitefinity. Our old solution was very manual but this CMS puts everything in one place and allows tasks to be shared across several departments. The support and help features of Progress's knowledge base and staff are very, very helpful and simple to use.
  • Increase customer engagement
We've achieved all the outcomes we hoped for when we first started using Sitefinity. Workflow is smooth, shared and efficient. Everyday users don't need to know code to update rates or simple copy. It's a breeze to create a new blog or event calendar. And we LOVE that our visitors are easily able to find what they're looking for and more.
April 25, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Huge Improvement From Our Old CMS"

Sitefinity helped us leave behind our outdated website for a much easier to manage and much more robust template. The platform was purchased mostly just to give our site a much-needed facelift, but it's allowed us to do a lot more on the backend as well. We now have a much more robust content marketing strategy, have embraced using responsive templates (finally!), and more directly and effectively manage our SEO and quality control.
  • Day-to-day activities are easy to learn and easy to do
  • A lot of flexibility for building more advanced functions
  • Tools for maintaining image and link quality control
  • Sometimes flexibility comes at the expense of directness. Certain advanced features are confusing.
  • Forms are buggy and overly complicated to create.
For us, Sitefinity was the least expensive option that still provided all the features we wanted and needed. It's been a huge relief to us to not have to have our hands tied when we want to do something new, even if there are some cheaper options out there that probably would have been good enough. For a smaller company and a smaller website, it probably wouldn't be worth the cost. For larger companies, we can't speak to the Enterprise-level functions. (We're currently running the Professional version of the product.) But for us, Sitefinity hit the sweet spot.
  • Increase customer engagement
Our primary goals in using Sitefinity -- increasing customer engagement, adopting responsive templates, increasing our output of content, modernizing our brand -- have all been successful. We're currently looking at what new goals we can set with the platform's capabilities and whether or not that will require upgrading to an enterprise version of the product.
August 10, 2018

Progress Sitefinity: "Sitefinity User's Review"

We use Sitefinity as our web content management system. It is used across the whole organization by more than 150 users. We bought Sitefinity because it is more user-friendly, has descriptive URLs, works well for SEO and has responsive functionalities. It is much easier to train our web users on Sitefinity and we found that they upload and change their content more often.
  • Responsive functionalities - easy to apply and your website is beautiful on all devices
  • Better for SEO - descriptive URLs, Alt text fields, meta tag fields, and description fields
  • Very user-friendly content management system
  • We cannot seem to change the colors and font used on the events calendar.
Well suited: for a big organization where a big group of people need to upload and change content on a website. Users that do not necessarily have experience in a web environment. It is very easy to train them on Sitefinity; it's very user-friendly. Users find it very easy to work in Sitefinity.

Also very good for web SEO.
  • Increase customer engagement
Improve workflow and overall efficiency: It is now much easier for our web users to change and upload content on the website. They change content and send through for approval through a workflow system, where we check layout, branding, and language before we publish the pages.

Maintain the site with less technical expertise: Web users working on the website does not necessarily have web experience. They find it very easy to learn how to work in Sitefinity. This means that we spend less time training and re-training our web users.
Build new tools and site features: Sitefinity makes it possible, and easy, for us to change features on our website.

Increase customer engagement: If we have more web users working in Sitefinity, uploading and updating their content, we will have more people visiting our website and staying on our website for longer.
July 27, 2018

Review: "Progress Sitefinity is an affordable, quality CMS."

We use Progress Sitefinity as our external facing website. It represents our entire organization.
It addresses marketing, communication, enrollment management and serves as an internal employee web portal.

Our ability to tie into our active directory of users, to quickly get users up and running and allow for multiple editors across our organization is invaluable. The publishing workflows that Sitefinity allows for, gives us the web governance control we need, while allow our content experts the ability to generate content that can be moderated before being live.
  • The content publishing workflows in Sitefinity are easy and work very well.
  • The editing interface is my favorite. The layout widgets, in conjunction with content widgets make creating any number of content layouts in just a few minutes a piece of cake.
  • Access rights and permissions are easy to set up; and more importantly, give you the ability to be very granular (person or role).
  • The upgrade process for updating the system is lacking. While there is a "simple" upgrade installer, many times, the assembly references are broken or point to older versions.
  • I typically wait until an X.1 version before I upgrade our system. Each "new version" of Sitefinity comes with quite a few bugs and usually aren't resolved until the X.1 update.
  • The ability to control the HTML editing control is not as easy as it used to be in older versions.
Sitefinity is great if you have a larger website or many content editors. If you are a one-man show, the feature set may be overkill.
  • Track and analyze the customer journey
We have achieved improving editing/publishing workflows and overall efficiency with updating our website. We have built several custom tools and integrations with our CMS that have become mission critical. We have also been able to put hooks in place to track our customers and their journey through our website.
July 23, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Great content management tool"

Progress Sitefinity is being used to update and maintain our company's internal and external website. I maintain the site using this product. It ensures our content is up-to-date and relevant. It also gives an ease of use for quick corrections or changes to company information, and drives brand consistency.
  • Good technical and community support
  • Great ease of use
  • Overall solid product
  • Fewer glitches when using the back end in other browsers
  • Pre-existing limitations on some functionality (templates, content blocks, links)
Progress Sitefinity is suited for websites requiring high or low content management in one place. The ease of use is great for code/website beginners.
  • Increase customer engagement
Many of these outcomes have been achieved. We integrated Google Analytics for site tracking, worked with a vendor to build several tools to better customer/visitor site navigation, and have maintained the site more efficiently since using the product.
July 16, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Where designers and content editors meet in one product."

Sitefinity is used by multiple users within our organisation. We wanted a simple CMS that can be used by business users responsible for specific content. These users should have simple edit function while designers still would be able to use the full functionality.
  • Sitefinity is simple to use while still full of features.
  • All content including documents/images can be stored in a database instead of the file system.
  • Small design changes on the layout are also easy for content editors.
  • All documentation and training material is online. Sometimes you want your users to start with a book like a dummies book for example.
  • The features vs license is a complex one. You need technical assistance to understand the different versions when exploring to your functional wishes.
  • The page locking can make users a little bit frustrated.
If you want a fully database driven CMS, Sitefinity is one of the few solutions on the Windows platform. However, it's not cheap or free even for the most simple use cases.
  • Maintain the site with less technical expertise
Our users can archive more than with the previous CMS. That was important for our decision to start with Sitefinity. Also, the non-technical users are now enabled to change content.
July 13, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Sitefinity CMS is a great tool!"

Sitefinity is being used by the marketing department to update current content and create brand new content. It is our Content Management System of choice. It has allowed us to drastically reduce the time it took to make website updates because we no longer have to go through our IT department.
  • Sitefinity makes it easy to create a new page - either from a new template or an existing one.
  • Sitefinity makes it very easy to update current content on pages.
  • Sitefinity is great because there is no limit to how many things you can sync at once. We did a website audit and published all the content updates we had at once.
  • I do not like that if I visit a page but make no edits to it, when I leave that page it asks me if "I am sure that I want to leave the page because all edits will be lost."
  • The sync feature can be finicky. Occasionally, something fails to sync, but it does not tell you exactly why or if it does, it is in very technical terms that make it hard to understand.
  • I wish I had more news on the product's roadmap.
It is very well suited for a marketing team that may not have an in house web designer because it is very simple to use. The down side is that as the website design becomes more complicated, it becomes necessary to get a web designer because it can become very burdensome on someone who does not have that expertise.
  • Increase customer engagement
Yes, Sitefinity has helped improve our site by making it easier and quicker to make content updates. Previously, all updates had to go through IT and it took several days, if not weeks. Now, we can make edits the same day. It also has allowed us to track how customers are moving through our site which has helped us to optimize our site with maximum impact.
May 24, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "One of the best CMS products available."

We utilize Sitefinity for all of our websites, we currently have around 8 websites that are all managed through Sitefinity, it is the perfect solution for us since it allows us to give access to our users to update sections of the websites that belong to them and from an IT perspective it works great in our environment since we are a Microsoft only shop.
  • Deployment is easy.
  • The product is highly customizable.
  • Ease of use for end-users.
  • Customer support could be a little quicker.
Sitefinity is great for getting something done quickly and without a lot of hassles. Deployment is very simple and all the documentation available makes this product a breeze to support. The only drawback that some might see (I don't) is that it is limited to only the Microsoft platform, but other than that it is great for prototyping.
  • Build new tools and site features
The built-in workflows and roles that Sitefinity has, allow us to keep end users focusing on making additions and edits to our websites without having to worry about back-end code or responsiveness of the website. All they have to do is make sure the content is up to date and let our developers worry about the more technical aspects of the sites.
May 15, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Great Experience"

Currently using Sitefinity to service clients that I work with. My client required a CMS that supports multi-language and is easy to use to allow the global team members to be able to manage and update their versions of their site autonomously and with ease. The CMS has been well received and learning has been straightforward.
  • Ease of page creation
  • Simple to understand
  • Intuitive
  • Built in tutorials would be great
  • Allowing duplicated content to be treated as unique content
  • Image and media management structure could be refined
Sitefinity has strengths surrounding template management, document management, and page creation. The drag-and-drop capabilities are very useful and are easy to brand with HTML and CSS. Our client uses this CMS for their website and uses multi-site management to switch from each site. If you are managing multiple websites, this is a great feature.
  • Maintain the site with less technical expertise
The main objective for our client was to update their existing website with a new look and feel and with a CMS that is easy to use and manage. Sitefinity achieves this in every way as it is simple to use for those users who are not particularly tech savvy.
May 14, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Simple out-of-the-box settings to get you up and running quickly"

[It's] Used to empower digital marketing teams with the tools and capability allowing them to create and manage engaging, responsive websites with minimal reliance on IT.
  • It's easy to get up and running quickly with lots of sensible options set by default. There's also lots of options for advance configurations.
  • Interface is fairly intuitive for both content editors and site administrators.
  • Technical and Account Management support is very good: they are responsive and quick to resolve any issues or queries raised.
  • Getting the site to work in a highly resilient and fault tolerant manner takes some effort. The options and documentation is there, but it's not as straight forward as one would hope.
  • Make sure you understand the licencing models in order to select the most appropriate for your needs. If your business spins up and tears down lots of sites it can get expensive as domain licences are non-transferable.
  • Good for traditional information, brochure-ware, portal and retail sites.
  • Sites requiring federated authentication can be a bit tricky to get working but doable with a bit of customisation.
  • Not particularly good for single page apps.
  • Increase customer engagement
Sitefinity allows our digital teams to build and manage sites without so much reliance on IT and it has a fairly comprehensive set of tools to create engaging websites that work well on all desktop and mobile devices.
April 26, 2018

Progress Sitefinity: "Sitefinity Review"

We use Progress Sitefinity to produce a richer web experience for our 'customers' and so that we can better understand their online activity and as a result the issues facing their business. It is used by 2 or 3 'super users' in our organization, though the information that is gleaned from the system is used across the organization.
  • The system is easy to use by relatively inexperienced users
  • The system gives us a good insight into our customers
  • The system integrates well with other packages
  • A relatively expensive system
  • There is some functionality that we expected would be provided by Progress Sitefinity but isn't (eg mass emailing)
Good content management system and provision of customer insight. Not so good at email marketing.
  • Increase customer engagement
Our online presence has been significantly improved using Sitefinity. The richness of the content on the site and the fact that it is tailored to individuals means that we have far more people visiting the site and staying on it for longer. The team managing the site have relatively low iT expertise but are able to do so with relative ease.
April 13, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Very happy Sitefinity User"

Sitefinity is used by our client to improve their customer journey analysis, by its excellent optimisation and personalisation.
  • SEO optimisation
  • Video Management
  • Images Management
  • When a bug is found, sometimes we need to wait for the next upgrade to fix - which can take quite a long time
Sitefinity CMS is fantastic for multilingual websites - it allows users to localise their sites in as many language versions as required. They will be able to use content items, taxonomies, etc. in order to easily target an international audience.
  • Increase customer engagement
Since our clients have started using Sitefinity to increase customer engagement we have seen a spike in website traffic and in ROI.

July 27, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Sitefinity helps us maintain an attractive and eyecatching website!"

Sitefinity is used by our organization as the backside of our company's website. In 2014, we wanted to update our website and quickly chose a vendor. This vendor strictly uses Sitefinity, thus we now use Sitefinity.
  • Easy to Add Content (news article, blogs, etc.)
  • Page Templates make it easy to add new pages that match the scheme of the site overall
  • The most challenging thing about Sitefinity is the formatting. We struggle to keep paragraphs, photos, etc. in the same size and font across all the pages.
Sitefinity is a solid program and has a lot of capabilities.
  • Increase customer engagement
Our website is often used as a place to gather information for companies that are interested in potentially locating in our area. We want the site to be as easy as possible to use, especially since I am not well versed in website management. It has gone well so far.
July 25, 2018

Progress Sitefinity Review: "Great tool for developing .NET websites."

Flexibility in developing CMS websites, together with the tools and features offered. Sitefinity enables IT to deliver software fast, without having to worry about managing the CMS, users etc. since the product is standard and fairly easy for the business to use.
  • Content Management System is great for software developers to work with
  • Develop websites fast
  • Simple for non-technical users to administer website content
  • Technology tie-in
I'm happy with the product and how it enabled us to deliver websites fast. Improvements can be made in the mobile-friendly aspect.

Progress Sitefinity Scorecard Summary

Role-based user permissions (116)
API (95)
Internationalization / multi-language (70)
WYSIWYG editor (117)
Code quality / cleanliness (107)
Admin section (122)
Page templates (120)
Library of website themes (74)
5.6
Mobile optimization / responsive design (110)
Publishing workflow (107)
Form generator (98)
6.3
Content taxonomy (111)
SEO support (107)
Bulk management (86)
6.2
Availability / breadth of extensions (88)
6.1
Community / comment management (87)
6.2

About Progress Sitefinity

Progress Sitefinity is a content management and customer analytics platform. Progress Software acquired the product from Telerik.