Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Replicate
We currently use it for one department. We have a centralized application that we use Qlik Replicate for bidirectional replication (hub and spoke) to sync up data with 90 sites, filtering so only transactional data related to the target site is replicated. This permits an application that was not developed for a WAN environment to be utilized locally at branches without issues of slowness or downtime caused by the network.
- Very low latency with large transaction volume.
- Central management console (AEM) for monitoring and managing many tasks.
- No daily maintenance. Process is basically on autopilot.
- Quick and easy to create or modify tasks.
- Filtering data had some unwanted side effects.
- No ability to do full loads with bidirectional replication.
- Ability to use LOBs with upsert mode.
- No ability to push/pull from web services/APIs
- Enabled us to have near real-time reporting databases.
- Permitted us to have an enterprise processing system with local servers preventing downtime from network or other outages.
- Significantly under budget after implementation.
It took us longer to get test SQL accounts created from our DBAs than it did to create our first POC. After about 30 minutes of instruction, we were able to create tasks to roll into our UAT for user acceptance.