QlikView Review: "Powerful Product, Great Online Support Community"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biQlikViewUnspecified7.75431012014-05-28T21:04:05.656Z
Overall Satisfaction with QlikView
Qlikview was used by our entire company but primary used by the Sales team. We wanted a way to track and identify hot leads who were most likely to convert to real buyers/subscribers of our product. We also wanted to understand what patterns led to buying and what the typical sales life cycle looked like.
- Qlikview has an excellent online community support. This was probably the best part of buying the project. I had never worked in BI before purchasing Qlikview but after a short one-week class, I was up and running. Whenever I got stuck, I reviewed previous posts or posted a question myself. The questions were almost always answered within a couple of hours. The fantastic community really helped me learn the product.
- Qlikview is a great product and very powerful. It is not always easy learning all the formulas but for those who know it, it can do almost anything you want a BI tool to do. It is fantastic at integrating multiple sources of information.
- Qlikview provides a lot of free demo dashboards which are fantastic to learn from. They are open so you can see exactly how they were designed behind the scene. The variety of boards are a great strawman or baseline to use for almost any BI initiative that people take on.
- The formula for harder BI analytics is neither intuitive or easy to learn. It really helps if you have some kind of SQL background. I really wish there were more out-of-the-box options that we can customize.
- It may be more of a server issue but it can take hours to run a single query.
- You have to define a lot of parameters for almost anything you create so the tool forces you to spend a lot of time selecting different options. I wish they had good pre-defined templates for layouts for us to choose from.
We evaluated a lot of other products in the magic quadrant but primarily compared QV against Tableau. We initially wanted to go with Tableau because it was cheaper and a simpler product to learn and use but frankly, their sales person was horrible and was not willing to work with us on number of licences or price. Qlikview was a great alternative. The product was better and even though it was a little more expensive, the more flexible licensing arrangement made up for it.
No longer with the company. I think the product usage died after I left. Personally, I would definitely support renewing the product if I were still with the company. I do wish they would get off the annual subscription model though and allow for a more straight purchase of the product.
It is a great tool if you are looking for a very powerful BI product with a lot of options. It is not good for those looking for a simple BI tool who have a short ramp-up time. It is not as intuitive to use as other products (like Tableau) but it is absolutely fantastic if you want to do more than the basics.