QlikView Pros and Cons
September 22, 2016
QlikView Pros and Cons
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyHospital & Health Care Company, 1001-5000 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with QlikView
We are the largest QlikView roll-out in the UK and we use it to share high level performance metrics on clinical trials such as time and target data related to recruitment. The product is pitched under the banner of open data as it is used to inform a wide set of stakeholders including commercial, public sector and NHS. We operate QlikView on Amazon Web Services to provide a robust platform.
- QlikView is visually excellent and allows our users to interpret data rapidly for decision making.
- The ability to customise QlikView Apps allows for bespoke reporting for specific sectors.
- QlikView allows us to rapidly share information in a predictable way.
- QlikView relies on drop down menus and this seems a little antiquated in this day and age.
- QlikView also relies on trained staff to create the apps and this means accepting that this is a bespoke application and requires bespoke training and support.
- There are other products that are less clunky and require less trained staff to operate.
- For us the investment value is related to the change in working practices and desire to share rich-content with our stakeholders.
- QlikView is a good product and does what it says however the overhead of ad-hoc reporting remains.
- QlikSense and SAP Business Objects
QlikView at the time was the best product available for transitioning from an old style BI outfit to a new modern analytics outfit. The product provides the right tool set to deliver reporting and to allow access at a granular level.
QlikView is perfect if you are moving from traditional reporting to a more automated setup. However it is not a step-change in analytics as other products are such as ThoughtSpot. It is likely that your BI team will continue to operate as they did before but now have a nice front-end to share.
QlikView Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile