Rackspace Review
Stephen Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Rackspace Review

Overall Satisfaction with Rackspace Cloud Hosting

Rackspace Cloud Hosting is utilized by our entire company to host our email needs. Especially with the number of remote workers we have, it was important to have an email provider that could be used equally in a controlled environment, such as the office, and by those remote workers scattered throughout the United States. This program does that and more, providing easy integration with email applications such as Outlook, while still having an in-browser login portal for workers that prefer to go that route.
  • Excellent customer service - Their support teams respond quickly.
  • Simplified migration services, limiting downtime.
  • Fantastic communication - They keep you appraised to any situations that may arise, whether it's day-to-day business or a change in service.
  • Ticket system - For the most part, it's fine, but you have to log in to see the ticket/case messages. The email notification only lets you know you have a message.
  • Login speed - It takes a bit longer than what most users would like to login to the admin panel.
  • Clicks to control panel - The default screen is the ticket screen. I would prefer the home page immediately include a method to get to my admin tools beyond ticket creation.
  • Savings - Switching to Rackspace provided instant savings, with our average bill being $100 cheaper.
  • Time - The simplicity of the admin tools make it easier for me to perform actions and move on to my next steps, instead of wasting time attempting to figure things out.
  • Security - We know they take our hosting security very seriously and provide tools to ensure our emails remain secure.
Honestly, if it wasn't for the way in which ticket updates are shared, it would be a ten. They provide excellent support, from sales to technical to even migration services. I've always gotten my questions answered clearly, by someone who is human. If answers were displayed via email as well, rather than just a notice that I needed to login to see a message, it would be even better.

Do you think Rackspace Cloud Hosting delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Rackspace Cloud Hosting's feature set?

Did Rackspace Cloud Hosting live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Rackspace Cloud Hosting go as expected?

Would you buy Rackspace Cloud Hosting again?

If you need a trusted email hosting platform, Rackspace is definitely the way to go. Not only is it simple to use, but the help they're willing to provide is also outstanding. Whether you're upgrading (or even downgrading) a service, or have concerns over any use cases, they're great at providing assistance and being diligent to understand your needs. If you only require a simple email for only a few people, it may not be the way to go, but it's hard to beat the price they offer (and the clarity on that pricing as well).