RapidMiner Studio - An excellent educational tool
Overall Satisfaction with RapidMiner Studio
My introduction to RapidMiner Studio began in 2014 when I decided to write a second edition of my data mining textbook. Although I was not familiar with RapidMiner Studio, I knew it to be a popular tool for data mining and analytics. My initial intention was to learn enough about RapidMiner Studio to provide the reader with an example or two of how it can be used. It soon became clear that I would use RapidMiner Studio for the majority of the tutorials and demonstrations in my book.
My textbook “Data Mining A Tutorial-Based Primer 2nd edition” contains 14 chapters two of which are devoted to RapidMiner Studio. Five additional chapters contain one or several data mining tutorials that use RapidMiner Studio 7. Here is a link to preview the text. https://www.crcpress.com/978149876397
- RapidMiner Studio offers a superb user interface with an intuitive workflow paradigm that is very easy to learn.
- RapidMiner Studio’s operators make it a complete and powerful tool for data preprocessing, data visualization, and data mining/analytics.
- RapidMiner Studio provides excellent documentation, countless worked examples, training and support via a large user community.
- Every problem is solved using a sequence of operators.
- Statistical analysis capabilities offered with the T-Test, ANOVA, Grouped ANOVA, and ANOVA Matrix operators.
- Textual data mining operators.
- Web-based and cloud computing capabilities.
- Visualization capabilities.
- Marketplace Extensions – especially Finance And Economics.
- Process portability.
- With large-sized data sets, there are processing speed issues with a few of the operators. However, RapidMiner Studio 7.4 contains several new performance enhancing features.
- As an educator, I find students intrigued by the graphical and analytic capabilities of RapidMiner Studio.
- RapidMiner Studio fits well in a curriculum centered on data analytics and particularly data mining.