IBM Watson Analytics: A Rockstar of DataWe use IBM Watson analytics to replace our data science roles – primarily within social media. I started using it as a recommendation from a client, to get better insight (they're shifting all their software over to IBM. I'm sorry I cannot elaborate further on that). This program is basically a smart data/visual analysis that helps its clients discover patterns within data they upload, for their research. In this case, with our clients, we use it to determine their traffic through their Twitter and Facebook marketing/advertising. It helps us discover what ads are the most responsive and what content resonates best with customers.,Implementation of the data is fairly easy, all it requires is registration and uploading data from a spreadsheet – it's little more than copy/pasting which is pretty manageable on time It's affordable – it offers a $30 plan for its "Plus" services, and $80/month for its Professional services. With a small markup, this is profitable for both us and our clients Their customer support has been great – they have live personal available by phone or chat during regular business hours, and their Customer Support forums are always available 24/7. They're always quick to address an issue.,The accuracy of the reporting from the program relies solely on the data the user sources. There can be errors in reporting due to...well, human error, which can kind of mess up your entire data sheet When you're working with a program that is a cloud-based service, decentralized reporting can mislead organizations when you're not properly balanced with the traditional checks of a governed system – again, this is a human-error issue IBM advertises this as a program that can work for any user, but unless you have experience working with data analytics, it can be difficult to determine where to start. I had to look up a few tutorials online before I was able to properly get my data rolling through,7,,8,8,Google AnalyticsIBM Watson Analytics: Pros and ConsSo I used IBM Watson Analytics in a class that I was offered at my school. It was being used by our department only. It was used to give students an understanding about new technologies in the cognitive computing world. I was also lucky enough to be able to do a project on the same platform.,It can definitely parse textual data really well. It has some great features associated with it for analyzing the textual data. You don't have to know real world coding to use it.,I think they could add some more things into the user manuals. Make it compatible with HTML formats as well as it is with the doc format. Let the users have access to the instance which is as close to the jeopardy instance as possible.,8,Alteryx Analytics, RapidMiner StudioWhat, son?I am testing out a variety of analytics platforms to get a better understanding of which product is best to use. I typically input ad campaign data and focus on a variety of metrics to see causation and correlation between the marketing efforts and the client company's performance (website, revenue, etc.). This is a great way to verify whether or not advertising is working towards improving KPIs and figure out where to focus the spend on.,Great for visualizing data in an appealing way. Makes analytics and the process of "asking questions" very easy for people. Learning how to work the product is easy as well.,Ability to link to a variety of data sources. Shortcuts are great, but sometimes provide a roadblock when trying to dive deeper into the data. Customizing the look of charts would be great.,9,10
IBM Watson Analytics

IBM Watson Analytics Reviews

IBM Watson Analytics
Filter 38 vetted IBM Watson Analytics reviews and ratings
March 28, 2018

Review: "IBM Watson Analytics: A Rockstar of Data"

• Implementation of the data is fairly easy, all it requires is registration and uploading data from a spreadsheet – it's little more than copy/pasting which is pretty manageable on time
  • It's affordable – it offers a $30 plan for its "Plus" services, and $80/month for its Professional services. With a small markup, this is profitable for both us and our clients
  • Their customer support has been great – they have live personal available by phone or chat during regular business hours, and their Customer Support forums are always available 24/7. They're always quick to address an issue.
  • The accuracy of the reporting from the program relies solely on the data the user sources. There can be errors in reporting due to...well, human error, which can kind of mess up your entire data sheet
  • When you're working with a program that is a cloud-based service, decentralized reporting can mislead organizations when you're not properly balanced with the traditional checks of a governed system – again, this is a human-error issue
  • IBM advertises this as a program that can work for any user, but unless you have experience working with data analytics, it can be difficult to determine where to start. I had to look up a few tutorials online before I was able to properly get my data rolling through
Despite its shortcomings, IBM Watson Analytics does its job well. It's paired for any size organization, big or small – but realistically, if you're going to be analyzing user-data on a broad scale, it probably makes sense to use this program if you're working with a big company. Otherwise Facebook Analytics could probably do the work for you, for a cheaper price. Our social media manager has been using it to track data for a client of ours, and they have been enjoying it so far. It's a good system to determine user traffic.
June 29, 2016

User Review: "IBM Watson Analytics: Pros and Cons"

• It can definitely parse textual data really well.
  • It has some great features associated with it for analyzing the textual data.
  • You don't have to know real world coding to use it.
  • I think they could add some more things into the user manuals.
  • Make it compatible with HTML formats as well as it is with the doc format.
  • Let the users have access to the instance which is as close to the jeopardy instance as possible.
Anything with textual data would be a perfect scenario for this product as the ultimate aim for it was to create an instance which would be able to process textual data just like the way humans might do it.
May 20, 2016

IBM Watson Analytics Review: "What, son?"

• Great for visualizing data in an appealing way.
  • Makes analytics and the process of "asking questions" very easy for people.
  • Learning how to work the product is easy as well.
  • Ability to link to a variety of data sources.
  • Shortcuts are great, but sometimes provide a roadblock when trying to dive deeper into the data.
  • Customizing the look of charts would be great.
Watson makes it easy to do analysis. A good scenario to use it would be when trying to analyze a set of data and find insights that normally wouldn't be so easy to find when looking at the original data as a whole. When someone needs to ask a question about how a set of data points relate to each other, Watson is the way to go.

About IBM Watson Analytics