Overall Satisfaction with RStudio
It is used by our Advanced Analytics department. We use it both as an IDE for individuals as well as using RStudio Connect and RStudio Server Pro. RStudio Connect allows us to easily deploy shiny apps, rmarkdown documents and jupyter notebooks. RStudio Server Pro allows us to easily use RStudio in a server environment. Essentially RStudio lets data scientists do their work and share their work without needing an entire team of data engineers to support them.
- Brilliant IDE for coding.
- Easy publishing of apps and documents.
- Ease of use for data engineering team.
- It's consistently growing Python support, but there is still some room to grow here to make it a truly bilingual platform for data science. That said, it does server our Python users fairly well, even in its current form.
- It allows us to spend more time on the actual statistical analysis and less time on trying to get the analysis to run and get the app deployed.
I've been pitched a few different data science notebook tools that tend to be more expensive and less suited to R development. I don't think I've actually seen another product that really compares to RStudio Connect for publishing Shiny Apps. I think the alternative there is largely to have an in-house team that handles your web services.