Overall Satisfaction with Sage 300 ERP
We use Sage 300 ERP for all accounting activities in our organization from the basic AP and AR to inventory control, sales and purchasing and financial statement preparation. It allows us to track inventory usage, levels and aging and easily process orders and purchases by producing electronic documents for forwarding overseas and within North America.
- Sage is easy to use and once familiar with one module, it is relatively simple to learn another as the "logic" is very similar for any level of user.
- The Ops Inquiries make it very fast and easy to answer questions immediately on inventory items from customers and warehouse staff.
- The GL module follows accounting principles well as opposed to other software products that are geared towards non-accountants.
- The only downside I find with Sage is the report exports into Excel. They can be unwieldy with many merged cells and numbers that come across as text.
- The export function into Excel needs to be in more recent formats.
- Sage 300 ERP has improved customer service as we can answer questions quickly and easily.
- We have also improved our inventory management by ordering in time as products become low and also by identifying slow moving categories.
- QuickBooks Premier,Simply,mas 500
As an accountant I find that Sage 300 works logically from an accounting perspective as opposed to other accounting packages that are aimed at users without an accounting background. MAS 500 is an excellent and powerful product but is not appropriate for the company size that I am now working with.
Sage 300 is very well suited where a company has perpetual inventory with many users. It allows for immediate posting and "live" data.