Sage 300 ERP review
May 20, 2015
Sage 300 ERP review
Score 10 out of 10
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Services
- General Ledger
- Inventory Control
- Order Entry
- Purchase Orders
Overall Satisfaction with Sage 300 ERP
Sage 300 ERP is used by most departments within our organization. The inventory team uses the purchasing module to maintain purchase orders as well as the inventory control module to track and value inventory. Our sales and customer service teams use the order entry module for maintaining customer orders as well as reporting on sales. The finance team uses the accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger modules to maintain customer and vendor accounts as well as maintain the reconciliations and related financials. We rely on the financial reporter tool in the general ledger for our basic financial statements. We have also more recently come to rely on Sage Intelligence for more in depth financial reporting and analysis with easy to use and fast updates.
- Overall ease of use and intuitive navigation - minimal training has been required to use the system efficiently and effectively
- Customer Inquiry - quickly see outstanding documents and drill down on any item (open or paid) to find the information you need
- Most reports are easy to export into a workable Excel format using the Excel - data only or csv file format.
- There are many options for setting customer pricing, but I would like to be able to show a list price, discount, and net invoice price on the customer invoice and also reflect this in the O/E sales history report. Related to this, in the general ledger, I would like to report the gross sales in one G/L and the discount in a separate G/L account. Currently, only the net sell price is recorded in the general ledger and shown on the O/E sales history report.
- It would be nice to be able to tag or link files to transactions.
- Many of the inventory control reports take a long time to run. This can be painful when trying to investigate issues.
- Increased employee efficiency
- High level of data integrity
- Improved reporting speed and functionality resulting in more support for informed decision making
I believe that Sage 300 ERP is appropriate for a wide variety of companies looking for a system to maintain information in a concise manner. The level of complexity with which it is used is determined by the user group. Therefore, this product is great for companies that are just starting to grow right through to more mature companies looking for detailed data and analytics from their systems.