Overall Satisfaction with SAP Business Objects
I use SAP Business Objects on a daily basis to obtain the data needed for our management to make decisions and prove theories.
- Business Objects is great at data pulling and filtering.
- The ability to create your own metrics and dimensions in a key component in reporting efficiency.
- Being able to publish and schedule reports is crucial in information sharing.
- Business Objects is not the easiest or most intuitive program to use. I recommend you seek out training or at least user to user guidance when picking up the tool.
- It is difficult to customize tables, charts, etc in Business Objects. The program lacks and innate ability to improve the appearance of reporting.
- It's is hard to manipulate the data within the program. I often use the program to get to an adequate level and then dump the information into pre-made excel reports.
- Increased data access through automated reporting for multiple stakeholders.
- Improved and more efficient decision making.
- Improved selling strategies.
Google Analytics gives a user access to different types of data but from a reporting perspective, it does what SAP Business Objects can do and more. I wish SAP Business Objects had the type of data visualization and readily obtainable insights that Google Analytics has to offer. If SAP Business Objects could keep up on that end, it would be a much more useful program.
I would renew if there was nothing better in the same price range. However, the difficulty of data manipulation and dashboard creation can be a bit frustrating. I would look for a tool in this price range that can be a warehouse of information that is also easy to customize.
SAP Business Objects is well suited when there is a need to house a lot of information that needs to be accessed and sliced by many different types of people. It's less suited for intense data manipulation and data visualization. Overall, I more so recommend this program for accessing large amounts of data rather than customizing tables, dashboards, etc.