GDK Vora Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/hadoop-relatedSAP VoraUnspecified821012018-10-01T16:37:11.553Z
October 01, 2018
GDK Vora Review
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Vora
We explored SAP Vora as a real time data warehouse augmentation solution that utilises the power of big data and SAP HANA. It did serve the integration among SAP and big data scenarios, but still it is just an entry step that SAP has tried to position in the big data space. But big data has been vastly explored, and open source technologies are better able to serve real time business needs. In on premise scenarios, this is not easy to maintain. But in SAP Cloud, Vora 2.0 can do many things such data hub orchestration.
- Modelling with SAP HANA and Hadoop
- Realtime Analysis using Vora and HANA as a Streaming engine
- Time series Analysis on large chunks of datasets
- Machine learning capabilities on Hadoop tables and spark contexts
- Vora 2.0 in on premise scenarios could be improved, as adoption of the cloud is not an easy sell.
- Kubernetes and Docker integration need to be more seamless and quick to understand. If this is simplified, it will be easy to adopt
- Data hub orchestration and integrations could be simplified so that quick adoption within SAP BW, ECC, S4 HANa scenarios is possible.
- Negative impact would be Poc and RFI will need more time to adopt and decision making gets delayed
- Positive impact would be it's a great leap from SAP to adopt a Big data technologies and AI within cloud stream. But selling is going to take time.
I spent more than 1 year with SAP Vora, SAP Datahub and SAP Leonardo with ML, iOt. I believe this product has potential but it is not easy to adopt. SAP has to keep in mind how open-source big data technologies are able to deliver quick results. I know SAP is stabilizing and fighting hard against many open source technologies, but it still has a long way to go there.