Reviews (1-16 of 16)
- It's based on a cloud platform enabling you to extract information from your data faster and in a reliable manner.
- It's accessible across every device, even mobile ones, giving you access to your data and ability to work anywhere anytime.
- Helps enhance collaborative workflows within the organization.
- Elevates the quality of customer support, sales, and marketing activities among other activities in the company.
- Sometimes it depends on other SAP products such as SAP HANA Database platform for its enhanced functionality.
- When in an area with a poor internet connection, accessing your data becomes problematic.
- Takes some time to learn all of its functionalities.
Also, since we have large SAP installations (HANA is being implemented) and have select teams who require a simpler planning interface, it is a great complement to those.
- Real-time analysis for IT Internet and various data transmission functions.
- The geolocation functionality is also excellent and the tool is definitely user-friendly.
- Integration with different data sources like iSeries, Netezza, SAP HANA.
- The learning curve can be steep for people with limited exposure and experience.
- Challenges with Data analysis, and querying abilities in a different tool.
- Deployment can pose additional challenges without a competent SAP partner.
- Cost is always a concern.
Also, as stated before, SAC is well suited for smaller business units, or those who have simpler planning scenarios and are trying to avoid a high-maintenance system.
- Data visualization functionality
- Understands the language of data science
- Capability of creating a story with a large amount of data
- Not intuitive for beginners: user interface is for a technical person and can be hard to decipher for a non-technical individual
- Mobility, I believe they only have an app for the iOS system
- Real-time analytics
- Business intelligence with live dashboarding
- Predictive analytics
- enterprise planning on release prioritization
- Better UI - difficult to navigate without immediate training
- Better built-in collaboration tools
- Higher predictive analytics use cases
- In a short time, you can get applications that allow you to expand business performance without investing in infrastructure. It adapts very well to mobile devices.
- The tool has great features like the planning menu and the easy to use interface. It's a complete tool for Business Intelligence and analytics with beautiful views and charts.
- Drag and Drop feature, All Inbuilt Algorithms, easy to use ESRI and hence the geo-coordinates.
- Ease of building a story or a data model.
- It's based on a Cloud deployment; it allows real-time analytics and ad-hoc queries.
- It's only 256 symbols for a string value in the model. I would like to have the possibility of it expanding at least twice to facilitate the work of my colleagues.
- It was quite difficult to learn how my company data had to be prepared so that it could show nice and professional overviews.
- Most of the calculation features are simple and its difficult to find how to make complex aggregation calculations.
- Ease of use - the interface is very intelligent and easy for all different types of users to understand.
- Can use from home or at the office - I need my information everywhere I go. With the cloud, I can use this tool anywhere.
- Dashboards are useful so that I can tailor the information to my needs.
- Would like to get more training on the tool. I know it can do more than what I am using, but I haven't figured it all out yet.
- Ability to export data. Not sure if this is a functionality offered or if I just don't have access to this.
- We haven't started using it for collaboration between departments yet, but I think this would be beneficial for us to start.
- Excellent for reporting and great for management to drill down through reports and identify gaps.
- The tool is very interactive and easy to use. Data from multiple sources can be integrated very easily.
- The reports have great visuals for anyone to understand them. Once the report is generated, it can be saved in different formats and it can also be emailed to a group of audience in the company
- Understanding the analytics features can sometimes be difficult. This can be improved.
- The interface is sometimes a little slow, otherwise it is crystal clear and smooth.
- It is not very easy to learn and use. Training and practice are required for it.
- You can do Predictive analytics
- It allows you to exploit Machine learning algorithms
- You can easily share your BI analysis
- Being web-based, the interface sometimes suffers from slowdowns
- Need some expertise to work in calculations
- Being proposed "as a service", it is a fixed monthly cost for each individual user which can be a big limit
- Very easy to create financial statements as the UI is user-friendly
- Integrates very well with the other SAP programs
- Visualization of data is fantastic with customizable graphs and charts that look very professional
- Large tables take up a lot of room both in size and visually. It would be nice if there were a way to collapse these somehow.
- Having to set up each external vendor as a user before you share data with them is a hassle.
- Multiple ways to show and deliver your data. Customization and adjustments are easy to make for each data point.
- Adding extra features and integrations, sharing this data among the organization to have input from all departments.
- Allows for real time analytics and data which is crucial in the real estate market where everything is constantly changing every minute.
- Was difficult to set up initially in terms of the integration with our current software.
- Price was a bit steep compared to other products out there.
- Icons on the toolbar are confusing. Not a beginner tool, must be heavily trained in using this so need a direct support user to train employees.
We had used SAP Analytics Cloud for one of our Retail clients. They had SAP Landscape and wanted to migrate from SQLServer- Tableau combination to completely embedded SAP solutions. SAP Analytics Cloud sufficed their need to provide speed, live connectivity and modeling all in one application. We had SAP HANA as our backend and consumed HANA Views with LIVE connections. It was used by end users and managers.
Business Problem being addressed -
1. Removing Redundancy of data from various sources. HAHA db acted as single target system and provided single source of truth
2. Modelling flexibility using HANA View.
3. LIVE Connections gives instant data fetch.
- Multiple SAP sources can be connected at one place.
- Cloud infrastructure provides a seamless update, no downtime.
- LIVE connections provides latest data, no lag time.
- It is an excellent community for developers.
- Features available in LIVE connection scenarios don't match with cloud-based connection. Some features are missing in LIVE Connection and the gap should close.
- In stories, there should be scope to create more variables and better function library like Math, Date.
- Scheduling is missing which is mostly demanded by end users.
Highly influential in below scenarios :
1. SAP landscape already present at the client end.
2. They want to merge planning, analytics and predictive together in one solution.
3. Better collaboration with LIVE data using Digital Boardroom.
4. For end users its truly self-service tool unlike other tools in the market.
We also use SAC in order to create new type of dashboard and reports, due to the fact that we are a management consulting company.
- Planning: this feature is well developed and allows the user to create budget, forecast and previsional plans.
- Mobility: SAC has a specific app developed on mobile systems.
- Usability: SAC has a very easy user interface.
- Predictive feature is not very well developed.
- There are some features that should be improved, such as exporting and data presentation.
- SAC is still not working very fast, compared to some other BI tools.
The planning feature is well developed and could be very useful for specific analysis and reporting. The tool could be a good solution for financial, sales and management reporting, also for business users.
- Outstanding reporting capabilities and easy to use
- Off premises support. The Cloud Based platform does not require on hand IT staff.
- Can handle many, many users and performance is excellent.
- There are way too many scroll bars on some screens
- Have better tutorials, training and consulting
- Have email announcements and phone calls to follow up
- Visualization feature is very good in terms of showing what business users need in a clear, flexible and user friendly way.
- I also liked the geo mapping features as it gives more visual detail about the data which is been analyzed.
- Users and publish control, definitely one of the best features, being able to determine who is authorized to see the information and at what level.
- Geo mapping for a start needs to be more user friendly, if coordination were automated in the app I think it would serve better.
- The transition between editing and view, if it was easier it would be better.
- It's easy to import data. I think that's probably the system's biggest strength because not all BI software makes that easy.
- SAP has brand recognition in the industry. It's easy to get external clients behind something they know and understand already.
- SAP Analytics Cloud is not small business friendly. Each viewer needs to be a named user which for a small firm can be expensive.
- Once the data is in, the system is not easy to navigate or create insights quickly. For example, Zoho Reports has the ability to automatically create suggested reports.
SAP Analytics Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP Analytics Cloud
The platform provides data connectors to a wide range of data sources, including SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, SAP SuccessFactors, Salesforce, and other sources. Visualization capabilities are enriched by geo-enriched data, and the SAP HANA engine contains an in-memory calculation engine to perform numerous calculations in real-time.
SAP Analytics Cloud Video
|Business||$21||per user, per seat|
SAP Analytics Cloud Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Customer Success Coach|
SAP Analytics Cloud Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|
|Supported Languages:||Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.|