Reviews (1-21 of 21)
- It's based on a cloud platform enabling you to extract information from your data faster and in a reliable manner.
- It's accessible across every device, even mobile ones, giving you access to your data and ability to work anywhere anytime.
- Helps enhance collaborative workflows within the organization.
- Elevates the quality of customer support, sales, and marketing activities among other activities in the company.
- Sometimes it depends on other SAP products such as SAP HANA Database platform for its enhanced functionality.
- When in an area with a poor internet connection, accessing your data becomes problematic.
- Takes some time to learn all of its functionalities.
- Ease of use - Excel drag and drop to get data for the dashboards is a great feature I love
- Standard connector makes it easy to integrate
- Time to bring it on and make it available for users is really a differentiator
- Need clarify on how this product offering fits in the larger scheme of things with BI, BOBJ and other existing analytics tools offered by SAP
- Security set up for SAC if integrated with the Digital core will be a big plus
- Integration with Non SAP BI tools like BI Cognos, TM1 etc. would be a plus any standard connector to other BI tools would allow this to be the preferred front end tool for Analytices and C-level interactive dynamic reporting and dashboards
- Browser-based technology, no client setup needed.
- Great story and data modeling capability.
- Ease of setup and great UI through Digital Boardroom.
- Feature parity with more mature BI products like WEBI.
- Performance issues from time to time.
- Scripting capabilities in the planning area.
Also, since we have large SAP installations (HANA is being implemented) and have select teams who require a simpler planning interface, it is a great complement to those.
- Real-time analysis for IT Internet and various data transmission functions.
- The geolocation functionality is also excellent and the tool is definitely user-friendly.
- Integration with different data sources like iSeries, Netezza, SAP HANA.
- The learning curve can be steep for people with limited exposure and experience.
- Challenges with Data analysis, and querying abilities in a different tool.
- Deployment can pose additional challenges without a competent SAP partner.
- Cost is always a concern.
Also, as stated before, SAC is well suited for smaller business units, or those who have simpler planning scenarios and are trying to avoid a high-maintenance system.
- Data visualization functionality
- Understands the language of data science
- Capability of creating a story with a large amount of data
- Not intuitive for beginners: user interface is for a technical person and can be hard to decipher for a non-technical individual
- Mobility, I believe they only have an app for the iOS system
- Real-time analytics
- Business intelligence with live dashboarding
- Predictive analytics
- enterprise planning on release prioritization
- Better UI - difficult to navigate without immediate training
- Better built-in collaboration tools
- Higher predictive analytics use cases
- In a short time, you can get applications that allow you to expand business performance without investing in infrastructure. It adapts very well to mobile devices.
- The tool has great features like the planning menu and the easy to use interface. It's a complete tool for Business Intelligence and analytics with beautiful views and charts.
- Drag and Drop feature, All Inbuilt Algorithms, easy to use ESRI and hence the geo-coordinates.
- Ease of building a story or a data model.
- It's based on a Cloud deployment; it allows real-time analytics and ad-hoc queries.
- It's only 256 symbols for a string value in the model. I would like to have the possibility of it expanding at least twice to facilitate the work of my colleagues.
- It was quite difficult to learn how my company data had to be prepared so that it could show nice and professional overviews.
- Most of the calculation features are simple and its difficult to find how to make complex aggregation calculations.
- Personally, one of the features I like the most is "Story Design". It works by trying to design your story using Responsive pages instead of Canvas or Grid pages. Responsive pages allow your story content to re-flow depending on the size of the screen it is being viewed on. Also, I would like to point out the simplicity that the explorer owns. This makes it much easier for the client to find the dimensions they are seeking. Story designers can enable different options in order to view what will help them the most each time. Last, but not least, the features that help us predict future scenarios are very much valued and believed to be very useful.
- What I think is the best feature of this tool, is the fact that it evolved naturally first when it was Business Intelligence then passed to Business Object and after matured to a solution that was robust. The next step was going to the cloud, to connect the accessibility of the web and the work of the Business object integration and data analysis. The SAP Support is really useful in terms of resolving any issue, and finally, the community around this tool is great and increases the value of a tool in terms of sharing experiences.
- Real-time analysis for IT Internet and various data transmission functions. The massive ecosystem with abundant spreaders. The pages make the mobile application easier. An impressive paradigm of narration. Centralized view with consolidated analytics. It is great for data management and comparing data. It does the analysis of data and compares old data and new data as well. Data is easily stored and easily editable.
- It allows performing a real-time analysis for the functions that involve the transmission of data, has important extensions which generate a robust and complete environment, has responsive pages that allow access to all the functionality, even from a mobile phone.
- There are faults in the reading of the entered data. The design of the toolbar tends to be confusing, its use is not recommended for people who do not have knowledge in the area as its learning curve is steep. It is a bit much to set up when dealing with integration points.. I found it not very intuitive and hard to learn its quirky ways. Stellar for the price as well.
- It is slow and the interface feels like lagging. Less deployment time and headache to maintain.
- Tough with SAP Analytics Cloud we can expect more connectivity options in the near future, nowadays, other companies give a much better solution to this problem. Moreover, and despite the fact that SAP offers a wider range of measurements and calculations, when it comes to data modeling options SAP cannot give you as many as others will.
- Despite the evolution of the tool, it came across with some problem with the integration with other databases that not are HANA, like Oracle it has to be a certain version of Oracle, a bunch of sap notes and a lot of patches for the server. Also in places where the connection is not a high-speed internet connection you cannot obtain full capabilities of the tool. The price by user I think is not fair for a web-based application.
If you have huge, but structured data especially in SAP, SAP Analytics Cloud would be the best available option. It has a responsive web user interface and mobile app.
- Very intuitive.
- IBCS visualization standard.
- Many different capabilities like planning, predictive, collaboration, etc. in one tool.
- Still not on a level where e.g. Webi, Crystal or Lumira is.
- Should be easier for partners to get their "hands" on the product.
- Customization options are very basic.
It is less appropriate if you already have a Microsoft BI stack.
Review: "SAP Analytics Cloud unleashes live data and big data on HANA in a way that can't be matched by other solutions"
- Ease of use - the interface is very intelligent and easy for all different types of users to understand.
- Can use from home or at the office - I need my information everywhere I go. With the cloud, I can use this tool anywhere.
- Dashboards are useful so that I can tailor the information to my needs.
- Would like to get more training on the tool. I know it can do more than what I am using, but I haven't figured it all out yet.
- Ability to export data. Not sure if this is a functionality offered or if I just don't have access to this.
- We haven't started using it for collaboration between departments yet, but I think this would be beneficial for us to start.
- Excellent for reporting and great for management to drill down through reports and identify gaps.
- The tool is very interactive and easy to use. Data from multiple sources can be integrated very easily.
- The reports have great visuals for anyone to understand them. Once the report is generated, it can be saved in different formats and it can also be emailed to a group of audience in the company
- Understanding the analytics features can sometimes be difficult. This can be improved.
- The interface is sometimes a little slow, otherwise it is crystal clear and smooth.
- It is not very easy to learn and use. Training and practice are required for it.
- You can do Predictive analytics
- It allows you to exploit Machine learning algorithms
- You can easily share your BI analysis
- Being web-based, the interface sometimes suffers from slowdowns
- Need some expertise to work in calculations
- Being proposed "as a service", it is a fixed monthly cost for each individual user which can be a big limit
We had used SAP Analytics Cloud for one of our Retail clients. They had SAP Landscape and wanted to migrate from SQLServer- Tableau combination to completely embedded SAP solutions. SAP Analytics Cloud sufficed their need to provide speed, live connectivity and modeling all in one application. We had SAP HANA as our backend and consumed HANA Views with LIVE connections. It was used by end users and managers.
Business Problem being addressed -
1. Removing Redundancy of data from various sources. HAHA db acted as single target system and provided single source of truth
2. Modelling flexibility using HANA View.
3. LIVE Connections gives instant data fetch.
- Multiple SAP sources can be connected at one place.
- Cloud infrastructure provides a seamless update, no downtime.
- LIVE connections provides latest data, no lag time.
- It is an excellent community for developers.
- Features available in LIVE connection scenarios don't match with cloud-based connection. Some features are missing in LIVE Connection and the gap should close.
- In stories, there should be scope to create more variables and better function library like Math, Date.
- Scheduling is missing which is mostly demanded by end users.
Highly influential in below scenarios :
1. SAP landscape already present at the client end.
2. They want to merge planning, analytics and predictive together in one solution.
3. Better collaboration with LIVE data using Digital Boardroom.
4. For end users its truly self-service tool unlike other tools in the market.
- Very easy to create financial statements as the UI is user-friendly
- Integrates very well with the other SAP programs
- Visualization of data is fantastic with customizable graphs and charts that look very professional
- Large tables take up a lot of room both in size and visually. It would be nice if there were a way to collapse these somehow.
- Having to set up each external vendor as a user before you share data with them is a hassle.
We also use SAC in order to create new type of dashboard and reports, due to the fact that we are a management consulting company.
- Planning: this feature is well developed and allows the user to create budget, forecast and previsional plans.
- Mobility: SAC has a specific app developed on mobile systems.
- Usability: SAC has a very easy user interface.
- Predictive feature is not very well developed.
- There are some features that should be improved, such as exporting and data presentation.
- SAC is still not working very fast, compared to some other BI tools.
The planning feature is well developed and could be very useful for specific analysis and reporting. The tool could be a good solution for financial, sales and management reporting, also for business users.
- Visualization feature is very good in terms of showing what business users need in a clear, flexible and user friendly way.
- I also liked the geo mapping features as it gives more visual detail about the data which is been analyzed.
- Users and publish control, definitely one of the best features, being able to determine who is authorized to see the information and at what level.
- Geo mapping for a start needs to be more user friendly, if coordination were automated in the app I think it would serve better.
- The transition between editing and view, if it was easier it would be better.
- Multiple ways to show and deliver your data. Customization and adjustments are easy to make for each data point.
- Adding extra features and integrations, sharing this data among the organization to have input from all departments.
- Allows for real time analytics and data which is crucial in the real estate market where everything is constantly changing every minute.
- Was difficult to set up initially in terms of the integration with our current software.
- Price was a bit steep compared to other products out there.
- Icons on the toolbar are confusing. Not a beginner tool, must be heavily trained in using this so need a direct support user to train employees.
- It's easy to import data. I think that's probably the system's biggest strength because not all BI software makes that easy.
- SAP has brand recognition in the industry. It's easy to get external clients behind something they know and understand already.
- SAP Analytics Cloud is not small business friendly. Each viewer needs to be a named user which for a small firm can be expensive.
- Once the data is in, the system is not easy to navigate or create insights quickly. For example, Zoho Reports has the ability to automatically create suggested reports.
- Outstanding reporting capabilities and easy to use
- Off premises support. The Cloud Based platform does not require on hand IT staff.
- Can handle many, many users and performance is excellent.
- There are way too many scroll bars on some screens
- Have better tutorials, training and consulting
- Have email announcements and phone calls to follow up
SAP Analytics Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP Analytics Cloud
The platform provides data connectors to a wide range of data sources, including SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, SAP SuccessFactors, Salesforce, and other sources. Visualization capabilities are enriched by geo-enriched data, and the SAP HANA engine contains an in-memory calculation engine to perform numerous calculations in real-time.
SAP Analytics Cloud Video
|Business||$21||per user, per seat|
SAP Analytics Cloud Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Customer Success Coach|
SAP Analytics Cloud Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|
|Supported Languages:||Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.|