Overall Satisfaction with Sibelius
I use Sibelius to write out music charts for classes. The software makes it easy to write, save, and print music, from the simplest to the most complicated. It's the most widely used music writing software that I know of and it works great for me.
- Once you get the hang of it, it will be faster than writing by hand.
- Very easy to transpose and write out band arrangements.
- "search" tool is very useful for figuring out what tool you need in each specific situation.
- Barrier to entry could be a bit lower.
- Options for types of arrangements are somewhat limited and the interface is a bit convoluted.
Do you think Sibelius delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Sibelius's feature set?
Did Sibelius live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Sibelius go as expected?
Would you buy Sibelius again?
It is simply easy to use and serves the function that it needs to serve. Once you get the hang of the basic functionality and a few of the keyboard shortcuts, it will be extremely easy and quick to write out music. The option to go back and transpose to another key without writing the whole thing out again is crucial.