Google Classroom Reviews

August 11, 2020
Rahul Ajithkumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom is used as a content management system in our institution, since our institution is an engineering college that carves professionals, we use this application for helping our students to attend online classes with the help of Google Meet which is integrated in Google Classroom. With the help of this platform we deliver notes, provide them assignments, conduct online tests, etc. Our college has five departments, and for every subjects in each department we are keeping different Google Classrooms.
  • If we register Google Classroom with our organization's mail ID we can use the integrated Google Meet for conducting online meetings, online classes, etc, but if we are using our personal mail ID for creating a classroom then we need G-Suite for setting up Google Meet.
  • We can perform different online classwork like assignments, quizzes, and also we can conduct online exams with a proper grading system.
  • Each of the classrooms created will be associated with a separate class code, we can simply share this class code to the students and with the help of this code they can easily join our class. Another method is we can add students by manually entering their mail ID.
  • The default integration of Google Meet is absent if we are creating the classroom using our personal mail ID, and for integration we need G-Suite and we need to pay for it.
  • The UI could be little more appealing, since the existing platform uses very simple and basic UI.
  • Uninterrupted internet connection is required for proper working.
If we are considering an educational institution, Google Classroom could be a perfect choice as a content management system. It is not required to pay for using this platform since it is a free service given by Google for educational systems. It is not suited as a human resource management systems (HRMS), since it is purely built as an LMS/CMS.
Since this platform is provided by Google, the technical support is better than any others, and we are not required to bother about the space constraints for adding the contents. If we have a good uninterrupted internet facility we can access Google Classroom without any delay or lag. They have app support in both Android and iPhone.
Read Rahul Ajithkumar's full review
March 11, 2020
David Obeid | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Classroom in our faculty to share notes with students who are absent and to ensure that official notifications of assessment tasks are delivered to students simultaneously, even if they are not present to receive hard copies due to illness or other factors affecting their attendance. The main problem it solves for me is a sure guarantee that students have access to resources when they need them.
  • It allows me to share files with all of my students regardless of their location.
  • It notifies my students via email when I share a resource or file with them.
  • It allows me to verify the time and date of the release of information.
  • I don't seem to get email notification when my students post into the classroom.
  • The ability to record voice and/or video messages easily and directly into Google classroom would be great. I would love to be able to stream and store my lessons in Google Classroom!
It's ideal for sharing resources with students. It is less appropriate for classes that need intensive explicit teaching of concepts because it lacks a convenient way to record video.
I tried to find a solution to why I would not receive email notifications as the classroom teacher when my students posted anything in the classroom stream and I was unable to find it or any simple way to access such help if it did exist.
Read David Obeid's full review
February 11, 2020
Shelise Hague | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Google Classroom on a daily basis with my students. They are able to log in and check their work. In addition, I assign them various tasks to complete. My team teacher and I work together to keep track of the students' work. The students are able to check their progress and even work from home as needed. I love using this platform in my teaching.
  • Access to the work from home or at school
  • Work can be graded from home or at work.
  • Not all programs make it easy to assign through Google Classroom.
  • Some students do not have technology at home to access the Classroom.
Google Classroom works well in my classroom for students who need to be able to work independently. Students who do not have technology at home can struggle to complete all the work. Google Classroom is also a great tool when I have a substitute teacher, because I can create and monitor assignments while not in the classroom. Students can be independent and work.
I am able to use Google Classroom easily. I have yet to need support.
Read Shelise Hague's full review
Mandy Henriksen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom is a program that is available to everyone in my organization; however, not everyone chooses to use it. Typically, it is used to post assignments, have students turn in assignments, and communicate with them and their parents effectively. In regards to business problems being addressed, Google Classroom makes managing the classroom much easier than with pen and paper (and it's good for the environment!).
  • Organization
  • Engagement
  • Limited integration
  • Editing problems
  • One scenario where Google Classroom is well suited is in having students respond to a prompt at the beginning of each class. Students log into the computers, go to Google Classroom, and see the prompt posted in "stream" or under "classwork." Depending on the settings, students can then comment on each other's posts, enabling a sense of collaboration with the students.
  • One scenario where Google Classroom is less appropriate is on an assignment with Google Slides. It becomes a bit wonky for students to access each time they are working on the assignment, and I have found that they frequently get lost trying to return to it.
Up until this point, I have had no issues working with Google Classroom. It is due to this that I believe I do not have enough sufficient evidence to rate the overall support. However, I do find that if there is a question I have, I can search it in Google's search engine, and results immediately pop up. So, if this counts as overall support, I would give it a 10.
Read Mandy Henriksen's full review
Michelle McKenney | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom is part of the educational suite of products our district uses. It allows for seemless collaboration between teachers and students. It provides a real-time platform for sharing information and with the available extensions it even allows for easy review and grading of assignments. It is an invaluable tool that is cost-effective.
  • Seemless collaboration
  • Ease of grading
  • Uploading of documents can be glitchy when using Google Docs.
  • Classroom management tools could be improved.
It works great in the educational or training environment. It may be less suites for other cooperate uses.
Best value for the features offered. It provides all of the tools needed to collaborate with students, and it is user-friendly.
Read Michelle McKenney's full review
April 22, 2020
We use Google Classroom every day in the classroom and it has become increasingly more helpful and important now that we must do digital learning from home. It makes assigning, correcting and commenting on work so much easier. It also allows sharing messages to one, or multiple classes, which is helpful right now as well.
  • Communicating with students
  • Correcting work
  • Grading
  • Maybe update the look of it, appears a little old.
  • I can’t make a document for everyone after I have posted it so I have to delete it and start over.
  • Can be glitchy at times.
This is well suited for individualized learning, small classes, big classes, and everything in between. It is easy to use and the kids enjoy it. I appreciate that I can do discussion and assign projects to certain students and not others. I also enjoy that I am able to access all my drive documents from this one site and add them and distribute them to my students at one time.
I have never had a problem with Google Classroom specifically but I know that Google, in general, has a well-staffed support team.
February 21, 2020
Google Classroom is used just as the title suggests - it's a classroom within a classroom. Teachers create virtual classrooms for each class period and post assignments, create discussions, assign homework just like they would do in a regular classroom. Only with Google Classroom, it is done in virtual space, which allows for everyone - even students with attendance issues - to be an active participant in the class.
  • It allows for collaboration between students in virtual space that mimics that of the real classroom.
  • Allows for a variety of tools (i.e., educational apps) to be listed for use by students in one centralized space.
  • It is connecting to the district's learning management system to make the grade transfer process easy.
  • They are making it easier for parents/guardians to sign up for the account and monitor student learning.
Google Classroom is well suited for all modern educators because it allows us to stay current with technological advancements in the times we live in. Our students are more tech-savvy than ever, with phones and tablets persistent in the classrooms. Our students are online more often than they are offline, and to reach them, we need to get our classrooms online, which is precisely what Google Classroom does.
Google Classroom is integrated with other Google Apps, which are often used by teachers frequently. This makes Google Classroom appear more familiar, which is a massive plus for older, less tech-savvy educators. They know how to find help for Google products, making it easy to do so for Google Classroom. As a school, we did not need to reach out for support because most people were able to figure it out on their own or with the help of colleagues.
February 12, 2020
While Google Classroom is being used by a group of teachers at our School, it is not being used by all. Google Classroom has some excellent features in terms of students being able to add reflection notes with ease, to assigning/providing feedback and receiving assignment submissions (and automatically organizing them in Google Drive) and integrating with other Google Products. This really helps our Faculty manage and organize the online version of their course.
  • Integration with the GSuite of products is excellent - the automatic creation of folder structures is a huge time saver and organizational benefit.
  • From a student experience perspective, it is very intuitive and easy to use (and is the same login provided your school is a GSuite school).
  • Google Classroom lacks any meaningful integration with the major SIS providers - meaning marks/etc. are hard to pass back to gradebooks and onto report cards.
  • The grading options are limited - if your school uses IB, or AP, or standards based learning you may struggle to setup the grading features accurately.
Google Classroom is well suited to a secondary school environment where the goal is to go paperless in terms of assignments, where teachers would benefit from automated organization help and where a fully functioning LMS that is integrated with an SIS is not available. This product is less suitable in a primary years environment.
Google support, much like in all the GSuite products, is very good. Chat/Email/Phone is readily available and response times are quite quick. Unlike other products, you do not have a dedicated account manager or likewise, and feature improvements requests tend to be generally ignored; whereas other LMS providers encourage and act on customer feedback, Google does its own thing.
February 10, 2020
I use Google Classroom to share links and assignments with my students on a weekly basis. Many of my other coworkers also use Google Classroom to share electronic material with their students. The biggest problem it helps to solve is sharing content with students when they are absent. Any day a student is not in school, they are able to log on at home and see what material they missed for the day.
  • Easy communication with students and co-teachers via email.
  • Easy to post new content and material.
  • Tutorial lessons on how to use it.
  • Update for teachers to see who has viewed and opened content.
Google Classroom is very user-friendly and easy to figure out. My students are familiar with it and easily integrated when signing up. Google Classroom does a great job of communicating new content to students via email. It would be even more helpful if they would receive SMS messaging through Google Classroom when new content is available.
It has some tutorials to help get you started. It is very user-friendly.
February 08, 2020
My entire school district, which consists of 30+ elementary, middle, and high schools, uses Google Classroom to manage student materials and assignments. Our students and teachers all have individual accounts for Google Classroom that allow us to share and organize classroom materials. Google Classroom helps eliminate the need for paper copies of materials and assignments and also makes doing or grading work convenient since these materials and assignments can be accessed anywhere there’s an internet connection. As a teacher, I love not having to carry stacks of essays with me everywhere I go. I also love that Google Classroom archives everything so I can always go back to a student’s work.
  • Allows individual “classrooms” or groups to be made to manage different groups of individuals.
  • Makes adding materials and documents easy by pulling easily from Google Drive.
  • I’d like to be able to schedule assignments for three different groups at once instead of having to go into each classroom individually.
  • It would be nice for the chat feature to be able to be turned off by the teacher/administrator on shared documents.
  • Perfect for classroom use when sharing materials that all students will need.
  • The quiz mode is great to use when trying to keep students from getting other websites during assessments.
  • It’s great that as a teacher I can always check in on the progress of my students as they work on an assignment.

When my district had issues they are resolved quickly.
December 20, 2019
Amy Westby | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Classroom as a way to connect our students to online learning. It's been a great feature to let multiple staff members join in with a cohort of students to add assignments or communicate with students. We also use it to schedule assignments and keep students accountable for keeping track of their workload.
  • Classroom content management is excellent in Google Classroom.
  • Coordinating a cohort of students among many staff members is easy.
  • Filtering assignments to search for could be easier.
  • The ability to quickly poll a class.
Google Classroom is perfect for an educational environment in which multiple staff members are working with a group of students. It's also fantastic for creating assignments and making sure students are on task with their work.
We haven't needed to use a lot of support. Their FAQ page is very helpful to find the right link to answer a question. There are also many good tutorials on YouTube.
Read Amy Westby's full review
November 22, 2019
Brandon Hightower | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom is currently being used in several of our classrooms throughout our school, but mostly in the classrooms grades 5-8. We use it for our students to access some assignments and to communicate with the students. It provides them with updates to the curriculum as soon as a change is made.
  • It gives us a good way for the students and teachers to communicate.
  • Keeps class content ordered.
  • Easy to set up.
  • Have to manually transfer grades to the school's gradebook.
  • The interface could be designed a little better.
Google classroom works well in most classroom settings. Any time where there is a need for one person to communicate with several other people is probably where google classroom could be incorporated. It's mainly designed for the classroom setting, though. It could also work if you were hosting a workshop where you wanted people to access your handouts and then turn them back in.
I gave the overall support for Google Classroom an 8 out of 10 because there have only been a couple of times where my questions haven't been answered when I have needed their help. For the most part, they have been able to help out with whatever help I needed.
Read Brandon Hightower's full review
November 19, 2019
Ben Westby | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Classroom to fully integrate our curricular learning activities, assignments, assessments, as well as student communication via Google Classroom. We use it system-wide, and all faculty are expected to use it.
  • Integrates Google Drive efficiently.
  • Our paid curriculum has full Google Education integration.
  • Additional educational websites and tools have full Google Suite integration.
  • The mobile app is still slightly clunky to use, and not all features available from the website.
  • There are not many visuals to aid in understanding student data.
Google Classroom is well suited to making sure students have assigned tasks and for scheduling assignments. It is well suited for integrating a full spectrum of resources to make access easy for younger students.
As of yet, I have not needed to use technical support or have any training requirements. The user interface was easy enough for me to learn on my own without outside resources and learning.
Read Ben Westby's full review
October 25, 2019
Bill Black | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a high school teacher and many of my colleagues at my school also use Google Classroom. I have found that it allows for students to access the assignments or projects at their own pace, and allows them to refer back to the instructional materials as needed. Additionally, having them turn in their work via the Classroom, I have a digital record of the date and time it is turned in, as well as an archived copy of their work.
  • It provides a staging area for all the instructional materials for an assignment or project which can be revisited by students as needed. Assignment instructions, resource materials, worksheets, web links, videos, photos, etc. can all be included and stored.
  • It provides the ability to reuse projects/assignments across classes. This is particularly helpful for cyclic classes.
  • It provides a date/time stamp that shows when each student turned in their assignment/project. VERY useful from a teacher's standpoint.
  • I am not sure yet as to what types of improvements could/should be made.
  • Maybe add a project timer feature???
As I mentioned previously, Google Classroom has some brilliant features. A depository for all the necessary assignment materials, with the instructions, which can be referred back to by students at their convenience is great!
Read Bill Black's full review
October 06, 2019
David Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
This platform has helped me to build a good relationship with my students and establish better communication with them. It keeps them updated about new updates in the curriculum and new notices about the events and subjects. Plus it has helped in good teamwork with the students which is great.
  • It helps in building good communication between teachers and students.
  • It assists the students to keep them updated about new progress.
  • It assists in uploading content daily for students according to curriculum.
  • It should have tutorials for the beginners to understand it better.
  • I need to helps teachers with resources which is not available.
  • It needs to have some robust features for better performance.
I would recommend it highly to a colleague because first, it is free. It is very easy to set-up and extremely useful for teachers. Students in the classroom can also reply to other student's posts. Plus it also gives you quick access to other Google apps like Docs and Slides to view students' work.
I like this application a lot. I have used it and love the way it functions. It has also assisted in attaching additional files for better performance and for better help for the students. It has also helped me in getting the opinion of students about different topics related to my subject.
Read David Cohen's full review
September 28, 2019
Katy Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used in our organization for learning processes. It is specially used during workshops and conferences so that everyone can share their point of view and good learning. This has enhanced the communication and cooperation between the managers and the employees and has lead to better collaboration and efficient united working on projects.
  • It helps you in giving instant notices and updates about any upcoming events.
  • Helps you in letting you know about the updated content in a synchronized pattern.
  • Its a little time taking but once used, the person gets handy with it and loves the way it works.
  • In needs to have tutorials so that less time can be wasted.
  • In requires a better interface.
  • It should have an option to contact someone directly, rather than sharing in the group where everyone has different sort of minds.
Google Classroom is wells suited for beginners and new learners. It is highly suited for people who have recently joined their jobs and undergoing special workshops. It will help them knowing everyone in the group and will lead to a better understanding of thing and rules which are implemented in the organization.
It is a new platform that helps you in getting to know your organization well and also learning new and innovative things in the best way possible. Sometimes the new person has new and great techniques and this allows them to share it in this platform. Thus I give it this rating.
Read Katy Beck's full review
December 11, 2019
Google classroom is being used in our device-agnostic environment to help meet the needs of student and staff training and classroom work. We do most of our staff development through google classroom. Staff are trained on it and use it in their classrooms on a daily basis. The management is made easy because of the Google backend.
  • Creating a paperless environment for staff and students
  • Helps keep the students organized by tying in with email and calendar.
  • Easy for teachers to setup and use.
  • Sometimes there are small glitches with file types on attachments.
Google classroom can be adapted very easily to suit the needs of staff development in any industry.
July 20, 2019
Alan Urbina | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work at a university, and since we have to maintain communication with the students, one of the ways we do that is through Google Classroom. It depends on each teacher, but I use Google Classroom to communicate with students. In particular, I use it to upload the content of each unit topic, perform rapid assessments, and assign some homework or even exams. I have also used it to answer and hear questions from students and to give timely notices.
  • Create & administer student exams
  • To give class notices or updates
  • Upload class content in an orderly manner
  • Better design of the interface and overall usability
  • Tutorials
At first, it can be a bit complex to use or learn how to handle. But after you have more practice, it becomes very easy and simple. The first time you use it it may be difficult to create different groups for each subject, but the more you use it, the easier it becomes. I really like that you can create exams quickly in Google Classroom.
Read Alan Urbina's full review
January 23, 2019
Rosemary Reynolds | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom has been my learning management system for all the classes I teach (Digital Design, Web Design, AP Computer Science Principles, and even my dual enrollment Foundations of Web Development) for three years. It is not used by the entire high school where I teach, but I know some other teachers at the school who choose to use it.
  • Google Classroom is easy for both the students and teacher to learn to use
  • Google Classroom has the ability to store previous classes in the archives, so I can reuse content
  • I can easily link worksheets from Google Docs and tests from Google Forms into assignment posts
  • Google Classroom sends my students emails whenever I post a new assignment for grade an existing one
  • I would like there to be a more complex gradebook, that lets students see their total grade in the class and allows me to create weighted categories (there was a Beta gradebook released recently, which I have not explored yet. Perhaps this is included there)
I use Google Classroom for all of the classes I teach at my high school. I'm in a computer lab, but Google Classroom could also be used for teachers who do not have computers for students to use in class. It allows me to post announcements, assignments, worksheets, online resources, quizzes, and pretty much anything class-related in an easy-to-use interface. However, it currently does not include a very detailed gradebook. I have to keep separate spreadsheets with my students' grades in order to use weighted categories.
Read Rosemary Reynolds's full review
January 22, 2019
David LeNoble | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom is used in our school as a preference by teachers. There is no requirement to use it. Teachers make the choice to use it or not. Google Classroom is used to enhance and assist in organizing classroom management. It is a vehicle that is used to supplement Google Drive and seamlessly work between Drive and Classroom. In assisting with classroom management and assignments, Google Classroom allows for communicating and collaborating with students to build their skills with feedback.
  • Announcements: this is an easy and precise way to convey assignments, reminders, and information to students in a class.
  • Connection to Calendar: the use of the calendar gives students a quick and direct way to know what is going on in the class, when assignments are due and other important due dates.
  • To Do List feature: again, this is a great way to give students access to what is happening in the class and gives teachers a way to organize the class and/or their lessons.
  • Loading students into a class can become cumbersome; it relies on downloading a CSV file and then uploading that---requiring a strong knowledge of how to do that.
  • For someone new to using something like this, looking at the site initially may make them feel overwhelmed by all the information available.
  • Although there is good information within the help center, it is difficult to find a way to contact someone directly, like a chat feature for example.
As stated before, Google Classroom would be well suited for an instructor that wants students to have access to a large portion of information related to the class. It may be less appropriate to use as a school-wide site.
Read David LeNoble's full review
February 27, 2019
Google classroom is being used on the case-by-case basis. Teachers in our district have the choice to use Google Classroom, should they see fit. We have a number of teachers who have implemented it in their classrooms, in order to better streamline student work, track student submissions, and integrate with their Google Drive. Currently, one of my art teachers is using Google classroom along with Google Sites to gamify her class. In general, as is the case with any LMS, this program works wonders to help blend and personalize education, in order to better meet student needs and allow them to work at their own pace. Teachers have more opportunity to provide constant and consistent feedback and track student work. I used Google Classroom in the past when I taught HS English to run a blended learning atmosphere. Students appreciated the opportunity to manage their workflow better and its seamless integration with their Google Drive to submit work. I am currently using Google Classroom outside of my district to create learning modules for teachers.
  • Seamless integration with Google Drive. Easy for teachers to attach Gsuite files such as docs, slides, sheets, forms, site to enhance the learning.
  • Manage student work submissions and whether they are on time or late. Students submit their work digitally and teachers can track the submissions, send them back for editing, or award points.
  • Streamline classwork and homework assignments into one simple thread. Much like a social media platform like Twitter or Facebook, Google Classroom has everything top-down in one fluid thread for students and teachers to be able to easily find and access.
  • Integration with other edtech tools such as Pear Deck, Edpuzzle, etc. Teachers can link to outside assignments on other programs they often use in their classrooms with their students.
  • Although usually in the discussion with other LMS apps such as Schoology and Canvas, Google Classroom doesn't possess as in-depth of a platform. There is no ability to set individual learning paths, pace student work with completion settings, or embed other apps directly into teacher-created assignments.
  • The assignment creation options are limited. Teachers can only choose from creating an assignment (usually a link with directions), a material (usually a doc/slide/website, etc), a question, and a quiz.
  • With gamification taking on a new lens in education, there really isn't any way to use gamification elements with Google Classroom. There isn't any way to create Individual learning paths, or use badges and micro-credentials within Classroom. Outside programs would have to be used.
Google Classroom is great for schools who are invested in Google and are looking for an easy way to streamline assignments and work. Priding itself on simplicity, this is also great for elementary through middle school teachers and their students. Teachers can quickly send out assignments to students and manage student work via their school's Google accounts so students aren't going outside on the web as often. High Schools may want something a little more in-depth that has higher order activities within and allows the teacher to redesign their lessons.
April 24, 2019
Google Classroom is used as the learning management system for students in all grades in my school district. Google Classroom can also be used by adults for Professional Development. Google Classroom allows teachers to post information and resources for students. Students complete learning activities and post their work on Google Classroom for the teacher to evaluate their work. Students can also communicate with each other on Google Classroom.
  • Posting course materials.
  • Allow students to complete graded activities.
  • Monitor student progress.
  • Have a profanity filter.
  • Have suggested resources for teachers to post based on the class content.
Google Classroom is well suited for ANY class setting from Kindergarten through adult learning because it is versatile and can easily be adapted by the instructor. If teachers wish to assess student work, the work is easily in front of the instructor for efficient grading. Students can collaborate with each other and post their thoughts about course content.
February 26, 2019
Google Classroom is used as a collaborative learning environment for our students, teaching staff and technology professionals. We use it to communicate, share and store but also as a main (linking) connection hub for many applications we use on a daily basis.
  • It has an easy to use format with its intuitive, well thought out and tested design.
  • It follows the same patterns and expected flow of similar Google products.
  • Google Classroom is very inclusive and easily integrated into your current work patterns.
  • Google Classroom is so secure that it is actually an issue. Allowing "outside" collaboration is not easy to do and requires a great deal of work on IT's end to allow it to pass through. We have had a lot of trouble with this and can say that the difficulty is so great that it could be a reason we would choose a different solution in the future since collaboration is so important to our students success.
For inclusive situations, where outside collaboration is not a huge focus, Google Classroom has a large set of great tools. It stays current, and the updates are inline, if not ahead, of the market for this type of product. Our users are always pleased with their usability and very rarely find frustration with the product.
January 03, 2019
Tamara Letter | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Classroom as an optional platform teachers can use with students. Since our secondary teachers have Schoology as a learning management system, we see more prevalent use of Google Classroom with our primary teachers (K-5). Google Classroom allows teachers to post assignments with instant access to students' work. Google Classroom is a relatively new product in the educational realm but offers additional features with each passing year.
  • Google Classroom allows you instant access to student work when using Google products such as Docs and Slides.
  • Google Classroom is easy to set up for teacher and student use.
  • Google Classroom offers several access points, either through URL website link, app, or apps launcher within Google Drive.
  • Google Classroom allows you to attach additional files, links, etc. to assignments.
  • Students can use Google Classroom to reply to other classmates' posts.
  • Google Classroom is NOT an LMS, although some schools/districts try to mold it in that fashion. It does not include robust features of an LMS.
  • Google Classroom provides a grade book, but that grade book does not sync with all district's grade book, so you will have to manually transfer any grades received.
  • It would be great to see Google Classroom offer a closed-captioned option for any uploaded videos shared on the site.
As a technology integrator that serves two elementary schools, I have seen Google Classroom used in grades K-5. While many teachers use the platform for a variety of tasks, the best use case I've seen is to use it for writing instruction and project creation. In writing, the teacher has instant access to students' work which allows the teacher a quicker response time for leaving comments/feedback within Google Docs which helps guide student writing during the process of writing, not just as a final product analysis. In project creation, teachers can create one template (for example a Google Slides template with a topic on each slide) and share it so that each student gets their own template to customize. From there, the teacher has instant access for comments/feedback. For younger students, Google Classroom is great for sharing links and basic content creation, but students may find it a bit more challenging to access if they have to enter district-created Google logins.
Read Tamara Letter's full review
January 19, 2019
Liz Swarczewski | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Classroom is being used by schools and individual teachers in our organization. Currently, I use it in my own classroom to post assignments, links, and easily share items online with students. I also use it to allow students to turn in assignments and easily grade progress. Google classroom also allows me to connect my roster with other websites to easily sign students up for other online programs.
  • It has an easy, user-friendly format for students and teachers.
  • It allows for teachers to upload a variety of assignments.
  • The format helps students and teachers stay organized in multiple classes and assignments.
  • I wish it was easier for students to pick and upload which type of Google document they want to use for a particular assignment.
  • Sometimes it takes a long time for a student's new document to be created or it isn't there when they create it. So they have to refresh the page and click on the document again.
  • I wish you could upload an assignment right from the stream like in the past rather than having to go into the classwork tab.
Google classroom is well suited for a 3rd grade and up classroom. It is especially well suited for middle and high school where students are more well-versed in using technology. It allows teachers to easily share assignments with students and grade those assignments quickly and without paper. It might not be as useful in classrooms that do not have 1:1 technology, as it would be harder for students to finish assignments on time.
Read Liz Swarczewski's full review

Course authoring (30)
Course catalog or library (22)
Player/Portal (19)
Learning content (27)
Mobile friendly (35)
Progress tracking & certifications (27)
Assignments (36)
Compliance management (18)
Learning administration (27)
Learning reporting & analytics (26)
Social learning (32)

What is Google Classroom?

Google Classroom Technical Details