Overall Satisfaction with Siemens PLM software
Currently, we are using Teamcenter and NX to allow for better CAD and CAD-BOM management. Engineering is the only department currently using the softwares, although Siemens and third-party developers provide many modules and add-ons to push the data stored in Teamcenter to the Shop Floor and throughout other parts of the organization. Teamcenter removes the headaches of storing CAD files on a local/network drive which can get very convuluted if not controlled correctly.
- Inherent strengths (check-in/check-out, revision control, access control)
- Integration with NX
- Customization capabilities
- Global Product Data Management
- Unreliable programming can cause unexpected crashes
- Almost forces you to rely on Siemens consultants for customizations
- Increased Engineering lead times for design work
- Very expensive (Licensing and maintenance)
Weir Group has about 20 sites across the globe who use Teamcenter to share data remotely from site to site. This is an integral function of the software and really enhances engineering capabilities worldwide.
Using Siemens PLM software
It is a bit buggy and the user interface is ok at best. The amount of features that are possible though with this software are endless.
Like to use
Feel confident using
Difficult to use
Requires technical support
Lots to learn