July 28, 2014
Score 8 out of 10
- MPP, Strucutre Manager, Workflow
Overall Satisfaction with Siemens PLM software
We use it specifically in engineering department. I am part of the service industry, where I am involved with automotive clients. So my answers are related to my clients' requirements. Siemens PLM addresses data sharing between sites, helps in collaboration between engineering, suppliers and plants.
- User Interface is much better, and easy to understand
- Structure Manager shows and manages Bill of Materials (BOM) in a effective manner. Freedom to choose what you want to view -- dynamic perspective
- Manufacturing Process Planner module is well represented, integration with digital manufacturing tools.
- Ease of set up and template distribution through BMIDE
- Ability to handle real life data flow using workflow module
- Need some more improvements in product documentation. eEasy to get lost in documentation.
- PLMXML module needs help clues in creating rules, Just like query builder.
- Viewers ( JT) needs improvements.
- Positive - PLM systems are expensive, they take years of fine tuning but efforts are worth spending.
- Positive - Well collaborated teams, all information is available at a single source.
- Negative - Learning curve is not straight, some time users resist change. Convincing users/managers to switch to new technology is a management challenge.
The new version of Siemens PLM has lot of functionality to offer. Improvements in functionality will benefit our users.