aPriori software and services are designed to generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. According to the vendor, using aPriori's real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing, and manufacturing make more-informe...
Product Cost Management Software
Product Cost Management Software Overview
What is Product Cost Management Softare?
Product cost management software provide a means to track and control design and process costs in manufactured goods or other development intensive products. The software is designed to locate cost drivers and compare various designs for feasibility, and cost efficiency.
Product cost management software is most often used by manufacturers and similar entities. It is deployed wherever cost control is paramount. The software may be standalone, or it may be offered as a module in a product lifecycle management (PLM) suite.
Features of Product Cost Management Software:Common features of product cost management software:
- Simulate production models from user-entered input (CAD, .csv)
- Simulate factory / machine characteristics (e.g. rate of production, size, etc.)
- Simulate material cost and performance (e.g. composition, etc.)
- Model cost for different volumes of production
- Cost model comparison and analysis
- Advanced reporting (comparison reporting, cost driver reporting)
- Tracking and reports for parts, assembly
- International cost modeling (e.g. imports, cost of manufacturing in distant locations)
- Vertical specific prefab design process modeling and costing (e.g. areospace, automotive, etc.)
Product Cost Management Products
Listings (1-6 of 6)
Boothroyd Dewhurst, headquartered in Rhode Island, offers DFMA Software for product cost management, including DFA Product Simplification for locating cost drivers, and DFM Concurrent Costing for design and costing comparison and analysis.
The FACTON ECP Suite, from the company FACTON headquartered in Potsdam, is a product cost management software suite.
Galorath, headquartered in El Segundo, offers SEER, the company's product cost management software. SEER is offered in a number of different versions to suit the needs of products in different verticals (e.g. software, aerospace, manufacturing, etc.)
PRICE Systems headquartered in Mount Laurel offers PRICE Cost Analytics (PCA), a suite of software tools for price cost management, including TruePlanning analysis and estimating, TrueFindings database of benchmarks and other information for analytics, and TrueMapper to provide hierarchical break...
Hyperlean, headquartered in Ancona, offers LeanCOST, a product cost management software for generating cost estimates and reducing time and cost associated to manufactured products.