Overall Satisfaction with Siemens PLM software
The Engineering Manager wanted to use the software to during our transition from 2D to 3D design. It would primarily be used in our department only at first, and by other departments later. It was very mature software, but at the time we wanted to install locally and what I was given was under powered, so I spent too much time arguing with the IT dept over getting more hardware. It solved all of our design problems in that it tracked EVERYTHING. The biggest problem was that it required a change in discipline by all our designers to track everything instead of using AutoCAD alone. Siemens PLM was great in that respect...
- Tracks design data very thoroughly.
- Making 3D models of our designs was a daunting change, but worthwhile.
- The PLM tracking of old data was excellent.
- The tracking of existing designs in template format was excellent.
- I left just as the implementation was getting really expanded, so I don't know firsthand. But, if it was accepted, it wasn't because of the software. The software turned out to be much better than expected.
Inventor wasn't mature enough. Solidworks was too small. Catia and Enovia was too confusing.
Siemens PLM Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Once in a meeting, a manager responded with a negative comment about both support and social media... so during the meeting I texted to Twitter something like "@#!$ GTAC". When I got to my desk there were two voicemails waiting for me, one from the head of GTAC, and one from our support person at GTAC.