Overall Satisfaction with SiSense
We implemented Sisense to be the executive dashboard and managerial reporting platform across the whole organization. It provides business performance insight to people at all levels, including C-level executives, business function managers, product managers, and analysts.
Before SiSense, we used SAP Business Objective as our BI application; however, BO fell short of business mandates, and we had to look for an alternative solution. SiSense was chosen and implemented successfully to meet the business demand.
- It is fast to setup, develop, and deploy.
- It requires no tuning to handle large amounts of data.
- it is easy to maintain and has low software license and hardware costs
- Elastic Cube makes it easy to maintain consistency in data relationship / data definition across all reports,
- The dashboard builder could construct complicated dashboards from the data model with lowest granularity level (minimal or none data aggregation before loading data to SiSense ).
- SiSense doesn't have a comprehensive data permission authorization capability. It could be difficult to manage the data access permissions for an organization with a large hierarchy structure or for complex authorization requirements.
- SiSense does not support merging two dimensions on-the-fly when building reports in BI Studio (the report development tool in SiSense). For example, there were a user table and a revenue table in the ElastiCube. To show user growth and revenue growth in one chart, I can not build the chart directly. Instead, firstly, I needed to bridge two date dimensions, the user sign-up date and the revenue date, from the two tables in ElastiCube Manager ( the cube management tool in SiSense). Secondly, I used the bridged date dimension to build the chart in BI studio. This leads to a complicated data model and the reduced flexibility in ElastiCube.
- ElastiCube does not support outer-join tables when modeling data. Though it's always feasible to build reports that have outer-join logic, some minor work-around is required.
- Report development time is reduced from 2~3 days to 2~3 hours.
- Report querying time is improved from 0.5~10 mins to 2~30 seconds.
- A 2-staff team delivers 10 times the BI output that we did on the old system.
- We were able to deliver BI and data analysis for all business functions instead of a very limited group of users
- SAP Business Objects,Tableau Server,Birst,MicroStrategy Analytics,QlikView,Pentaho,IBM Cognos Express,Oracle Business Analytics,Tibco Spotfire,GoodData,datahero,Domo
We evaluated each software and chose 4 candidates to build a proof-of-concept for the most complicated and challenging reporting scenario at our company with real data and business requirement.
We selected SiSense because its strengths and abilities (fast-to-deliver, small investment, big-data capability) best solve our problems and meet our business needs.
SiSense will continue being a great solution for BI / Data delivery in my company.
SiSense is very approachable and implementable, compared to other BI applications with similar functionality in the market.
SiSense is a great for
SiSense is a great for
- companies / departments that need agility and fast delivery in BI and data analysis
- small to mid size companies
- companies that need to analyze large amounts of data
SiSense is less appropriate for
- companies that have a large hierarchy structure and complex data permission requirements
It's really easy to learn and use for developers and business users, compared to all other BI applications with similar functionalities
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Build reports and dashboards
- Perform ad-hoc analysis
- manage and maintain data model and data relationship
- Install and setup the whole SiSense server