Solarwinds IPAM - Not just for Network Professionalshttps://www.trustradius.com/ip-address-management-ipamSolarWinds IP Address ManagerUnspecified8.2581012017-03-30T21:46:38.464Z
March 30, 2017
Solarwinds IPAM - Not just for Network Professionals
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds IPAM
We are currently using IPAM so monitor and organize all of our IP addresses. This addresses the issue of IP address organization and VLAN management. It allowed us to delete all of our IP spreadsheets as well as simplify the DNS and DHCP management in our organization. We also use IPAM to ensure we have adequate space for the future.
- Automated IP address management. We don't have to do a single thing. IPAM automatically records the status of new and existing IP addresses in our organization.
- DHCP/DNS Management. You can find an open IP and use it all through SW.
- Records the History of IP addresses so you can see how they have been used.
- I think the ability to log IP addresses does not need to be addresses because it seems like a complete package.
- Integration between windows and Cisco devices for DHCP could be a little better.
- IPAM used to have some issues pulling information from our Cisco supervisor but once we upgraded to a newer version it added support for that style switch.
- Using less resources for simple tasks.
- Allowing network admins to do less documentation and more focus on the network.
- Helps resolve tickets faster.
Solarwinds IPAM is really good at logging all your IP addresses and is most suited for medium-large businesses but small businesses would definitely see a benefit as well. The reason I say this is because managing IP addresses take a lot of effort and with IPAM the process is completely automatic.