Reviews (1-9 of 9)
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Review: "SolarWinds IPAM - The Ultimate IP/DNS/DCHP Manager. A Must for IT Departments."
- Automation of subnets and discovery.
- Alerting of troublesome IP addresses.
- Request-based system for an IP address allocation.
- DHCP and DNS support.
- We struggled with permissions when deploying and getting the right level of accounts to talk to our domain controllers.
- The IP request templates could use some work and adjustments in terms of the way they're handled.
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Review: "IPAM, that one tool that does so much it will become the core of your IT resources."
- IP Address management which is the core yet it does it very well.
- Integrated DHCP scanning.
- DNS monitoring and scanning hence reading and writing to AD integrated DNS.
- So many details and choices that it's hard to come up with an idea to improve it.
- Fluid subnet scanning and alerting.
- Centralized DHCP and static IP address tracking.
- Great integration with other SolarWinds Orion products.
- The initial learning curve to administer it.
- The interface can be clunky at times.
- Without integration with other SolarWinds Orion products, you won't get the most out of IPAM.
The SolarWinds product would be well suited for Vlans, Subnets, and IP addresses management, as well Network summarization.
The DHCP and DNS management, and the Configuration management aspects could be improved.
SolarWinds IPAM is being used across our entire organization to help keep track of all our IP addresses.
We use it to manage all our VLANs so that each department has an idea of which IP addresses are in use and which they can use. Very helpful at capturing all the IP address throughout multiple departments.
- IP Address Management
- Easy to use
- Very easy to lookup devices based on IP Address
- Gives device information of the device that is connected
- Devices need a default gateway to get captured
- Have to manually enter some device information
Very good at managing network IP Addresses across an organization. Really helpful when having separate network segments.
We use it to manage all our different VLANs. It is very helpful in finding out which IP Addresses we can use for our SAN environment.
It is also very insightful in tracking all the IP addresses so that we can tell how many IP addresses are used in a specific subnet.
IPAM also makes it easy to organize subnets via folders and subfolders that contain named ranges. Because we are often dealing with customers that have multiple sites with multiple IP ranges, IPAM has been a good tool to simplify management of these subnets. IPAM also integrates with the rest of the Solarwinds suite, meaning that clicking on an address in IPAM will link to any monitored details.
- Because of the integration with the Solarwinds suite, IPAM not only scans for devices, but links to any monitored details for that device. This is particularly nice when you have multiple sites and subnets that you are tracking
- IPAM allows you to populate DNS. Since many of the devices we work with are non-standard non-windows devices, it allows us to update DNS as soon as a device is discovered and identified
- Provides a great way to manage IP addresses, since IP addresses can be reserved and commented on. We use IPAM as our definitive source for finding available static IP addresses.
- IPAM alerting is limited. Ideally, I'd like to be able to set up notifications for events such as a reserved IP address becoming active.
- Automated IP address management. We don't have to do a single thing. IPAM automatically records the status of new and existing IP addresses in our organization.
- DHCP/DNS Management. You can find an open IP and use it all through SW.
- Records the History of IP addresses so you can see how they have been used.
- I think the ability to log IP addresses does not need to be addresses because it seems like a complete package.
- Integration between windows and Cisco devices for DHCP could be a little better.
- IPAM used to have some issues pulling information from our Cisco supervisor but once we upgraded to a newer version it added support for that style switch.
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Scorecard Summary
About SolarWinds IP Address Manager
- Automated IP address tracking
- Integrated DHCP, DNS, and IP address management
- IP address alerting, troubleshooting, and reporting
- Multi-vendor on-prem and cloud DHCP and DNS support
- IP Request Wizard for streamlining and automating IP address requests
- API support with CRUD operations for two-way integration with third-party software
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Competitors
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Technical Details