Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM)
SolarWinds NCM is principally used to perform configuration backup but also to perform global configuration update like a password change or SNMP community update.
- Time saved when configuration restore is needed.
- EOL inventory
- Global configuration update.
It's really important to keep a configuration backup of network devices in case of hardware failure. SolarWinds NCM is a great tool to backup configuration and restore if needed. It can also give us useful information about EOS and EOL of each network device which can give us an idea of which one will have to be replaced soon.
Using SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM)
4 - They work in the network team and make sure the configuration of all our network devices are back up so they can be easily restored in case of a hardware issue or a cybersecurity incident
- Compliance with Cybersecurity best practices
- Implement baseline configuration
- Easy recovery of configuration in the event of a hardware failure
- run script on multiple network devices
- improve baseline configuration
NCM is a guarantee that we can easily recover the configuration of our network devices.