Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
My organization primarly uses Spiceworks to track employee technical issues and requests. All my employees access the system in some fashion to log tickets. The IT department also uses the system to monitor the network, devices and software. Spiceworks helps keep IT organized and effective at responding to potential and current system issues.
- It is free! Really! And it does SO much considering there is no cost.
- It helps me stay on top of issues and potential issues that may come up.
- It gives me access to the largest community of IT Professionals that work in the SMB sector. It is like having 1 million co-workers to bounce ideas off of.
- I am always learning something new from the community, how-tos, live videos and spot-light articles.
- They listen to their users and do the best to implement features that are requested.
- They connect you with vendors that provide meaningful solutions to your business that are priced for the SMB market.
- I would like to see real-time monitor come to Spiceworks, and I know it is in the works as I type. I can't wait!
- I wish the software could track SLAs, but as of now you need to write custom reports.
- I am able to prioritize and respond to user issue more efficiently.
- Users are able to use self-help features to enpower them and save valuable IT time/resources.
- I have been able to find new products/vendors that help solve other business needs.
- I have been able to get assistance with issues I didn't know how to solve on my own without having to pay the high price of an IT consulting firm.
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite,CA Service Desk Manager
Besides the advanced SLA and change management features in CA and BMC, Spiceworks does everything they can do, but with a little more spice! Most of the bigger brand ServiceDesk softwares do just that - servicedesk. Whereas, Spiceworks does servicedesk and IT management tasks all in one. You can't beat that!
Because it makes my job easy! It gives me all the resources I need to be effective at what I do and also be able to assist others with their IT needs at the same time. Even if I end up at a big business someday, I will still remain an active Spiceworks community member!
Spiceworks is truly designed for the small to medium business sector (SMB). Once you start going over 1,000 monitored devices it becomes less ideal. The product isn't scaled to do SLA tracking, change management and ITIL, but for the small business that needs advanced helpdesk/monitoring functionality without the detailed metrics, it is a great fit.