Updated March 19, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SQL Anywhere
This database is used organization-wide as the back end to an ARM solution we use as well as a data warehouse for BI and reporting.
- It provides us the ability to make fluid business decisions based on real-time data.
- Oracle and MS SQL
Easier to use and implement than Oracle. Offers similar abilities to MS SQL with a lower cost of ownership. Small foot print to manage with powerful results.
Using SQL Anywhere
30 - Our ARM solutions is built on top of a SQL Anywhere database, so our users interact with the product through that application as well as other such as Crystal reports. On the admin side we not only support and use it with the aforementioned applications but with Crystal Server as well as utilizing the default SAP tools to are provided with the database.
1 - I'd say that a basic understanding of TSQL is all you need to get started, obviously having at least some SQL experience is a plus but if your willing to learn and examine the many online training materials SAP offers you can use this product.
- ARM software, it's the heart of our operation and relies extensively on the database, thus we need a stable and reliable solution. We've run the solution on SQL anywhere for the better part of 12 years and had (knock on wood) no major issues.
- We utilize SQL anywhere to draw data out of the database to provide to clients and business associates, the built in tools not only allows us easy export capabilities but easy access to import data into tables.
- We utilize the database for data warehousing to meet all of our reporting needs, it meets or exceeds all of our needs.
- I like to use SQL anywhere as a Data transformation tool, inserting data into temporary tables, transforming it and then exporting it out. Its fast, easy and allows me a ton of flexibility.
Upgrading SQL Anywhere
Yes - We've had no real issues when upgrading for release to release, we've done a few and all have gone as smooth as one could ask.
- Continued SAP support
- from a feature stand point, we are still new into this release so we haven't found all the benefits as of yet.