SAP SQL Anywhere Reviews

October 08, 2018
David Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use SAP SQL Anywhere as the database for our core line-of-business application. We have both stand-alone and multi-user (enterprise) installations of this application. It is the repository of all our major transactional data, and as such is also the source for our data warehouse, which is a separate platform and environment.
Read David Williams's full review
October 09, 2018
Pradeep Bele | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I as a SAP Consultant use SAP SQL Anywhere DB with multiple SAP as well as non-SAP products as support and implementation products. It's been completely used by a client's whole organization, where we were not in the situation to put much of the hardware resources, also we were not in the position to put extra manpower to manage the DB as with other DBs like Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, Sybase, HANA etc...
Read Pradeep Bele's full review
April 03, 2018
Nosa W.I | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

SQL is a global platform for any DB machine, and my ability to use SQL Anywhere across all DB platforms gives me the edge to get real time data, fast and deliverable, and easy to use when you understand your requirement as a function analyst to leverage such skills across all databases. I have used SQL Anywhere across MS, Oracle, Postgres and MySQL platforms, and I will say its a great skill to have and use.
I recently consulted for a company that already used MS DB and were thinking of switching its DB to SQL Anywhere. One of the challenges was the migration of stored procedures. These procedures will have to be evaluated and validated and probably re-written to suit current needs that they serve.
Read Nosa W.I's full review
March 19, 2018
Jeff Hieber | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This database is used organization-wide as the back end to an ARM solution we use as well as a data warehouse for BI and reporting.
Read Jeff Hieber's full review

What is SAP SQL Anywhere?

SAP® SQL Anywhere® solutions aim to deliver enterprise-level data management and synchronization capabilities. The solutions are designed to run in remote and mobile environments on a wide range of small-footprint devices and in real-world conditions.