Overall Satisfaction with StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA)
We were planning on upgrading our ERP system that was running on physical servers that were near end of life and were looking at implementing a virtual infrastructure for use for the new ERP system and future servers.
- Easy clustering and high availability
- Pricing is attractive for the features
- Uses standard server hardware that I was already familiar with
- Easier integrations with things like external UPS power systems
- Ability to quickly spin up servers for specific tasks rather than combining functions on servers
- Low cost to get into the platform
We had an issue with a specific memory module in one of the hosts and the monitoring picked this up and notified us of the issue and support worked with us to get the hardware replacement.
During initial testing we had an issue with being able to move servers between hosts but it turned out to be a driver mismatch between hosts. Once this was resolved with support, everything has been smooth sailing.
Just did some online research and a few demos, but the StarWind offering appeared to be the best mix of functionality and cost.