Review: "Storify for SuperTargeting and Fresh Content"https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-marketingStorifyUnspecified8341012013-11-08T20:05:49.906Z
- At my company we focused on integrating social media conversations to better engage users and drive traffic across platforms. Storify is practically based around making this easier! It consolidates and simplifies what we try and do anyways in a way that is always perfectly pleasing to the eye.
- Storify has a user base that is still growing. When I started using the tool it was simply a way to create content we would share on other social channels. Now it's become a platform for distribution and consumption all on its own, thus strengthening our social presence and position.
- I think ease of use is important to note. Storify is set up in a way that is completely intuitive and easy to navigate. In being so, it's not intimidating for new users and encourages me to keep it on my social agenda.
- Though Storify is growing, it does still have a small user base compared to other places you have the option of allocating resources. Since Storify content is much more time intensive than something you would blast on Twitter, the limited reach can be difficult to justify if you only have limited resources available or don't have a well integrated social strategy.
- It definitely provides a more diversified content offering to our social audiences. Though I can't quote hard numbers, we usually had higher engagement when we shared Storify stories on Twitter.
- It also allowed us to reach potential customers whose Tweets we included in our posts that may not have ever engaged with us otherwise. Every time we posted a Storify story on Twitter and notified those quoted in the story, we had between 1 and 10 of those people respond to the post. Each of these people were talking about products or industries relevant to ours that may not have ever known about us or engaged with us otherwise.
I am no longer with the company that was using it, but I would recommend it to businesses that have the resources to use it. Besides being another social channel, it offers a place to engage with specific users on other social channels who you already know are interested in related products or industries. By searching, incorporating, and notifying the users behind specific Tweets or other social interactions, you can literally target down to the user who is actually most likely to convert. No other platform gives you that power so easily. Especially for businesses with high margin products, even a small number of sales leads will make Storify pay for itself.