Using Storify to Increase Your Organization's Brandhttps://www.trustradius.com/social-media-marketingStorifyUnspecified8341012013-11-14T17:36:49.487Z
November 14, 2013
Using Storify to Increase Your Organization's Brand
Score 10 out of 101
- Storify is a really clean and cool way to demonstrate the use of live-tweeting at an event. Whenever we hosted galas or organized huge events, we would gather all of the Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter posts using the same hashtag and create a story. What's nice about this is you can choose which posts you want to include or omit. Once you create it, it tags everyone that's mentioned -- which is great because it streamlines your time -- and you can easily import the finished Storify in WordPress. This made it easy to include in our blog.
- Storify can make your organization look pretty social media savvy, which is what people would tell us whenever we used it. It's also a fun way to tell a story in real time without having to invest too much effort in writing an old-fashioned blog.
- Aside from using Storify to strengthen my organization's brand, I've learned that it can be an effective educational tool. I've used it to learn more about a news story by gathering tweets using the same hashtag. It's fun to see how a story unfolds in real time!
- Storify picks up all of the retweets, which can be repetitive and confusing because sometimes people retweet hours after the event. I like how you can change the order of the posts in the timeline, but it would be nice if there were filters to eliminate retweets and specific posts.
- When I was using Storify, it didn't gather all of the Facebook posts that were out there using the same hashtag. They should improve their search functionality to include as much as possible.
- You have to drag posts in place, which can be tedious. It would be nice if Storify organized everything for you, and all you had to do was eliminate the posts you don't want to ad.
- We used Storify as a tool to increase our brand awareness, but I don't have any specific examples of how it increased our ROI.
Storify is worth it if you and your organization is creating a lot of social media buzz. If there are less than 15 people that are a part of the social media conversation, you really don't need to use this tool. It's most effective as an organizational storytelling tool, so you need to find a way to get people talking about you before you implement it.
I would recommend that someone using Storify should have a social media strategy before investing any time in it. Also, Storify works best when coupled with events. There should be a plan to live-tweet, a hashtag and a way to communicate to people that you and your organization are capturing moments on Twitter, Instagram, etc. It would also be helpful if the organization has a platform to schedule tweets, such as Sprout Social or HootSuite, to pre-program tweets before an event.