Overall Satisfaction with SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- The LMS is very user friendly for general users. The user interface is very straight forward and easy to understand. We don't even need to do user training when we implement the LMS.
- The career portal is very well designed. It allows the internal and external candidates to maintain their profile and keep abreast with our company's open positions worldwide. This is important for a global company like us.
- The succession planning and performance management dashboard is great.
- Though the user interface is easy and simple, the system admin side of the LMS is way too complicated. The architecture is complex, it takes too many steps to set up a learning item. Plus the windows in which the admin role needs to edit the content, are often very small.
- The approval chain of the recruitment module has very limited number of roles (approval steps). For a matrix type of organization, this is difficult to cater day-to-day needs.
- In general, the report function of the recruitment module and performance management module is poor. Maybe our corporate system admin has granted us limited access right, but from our experience of managing 1800 users in USA, the built-in report function is not to our satisfactory.
- Till today we still can't run candidate report that we need for AAP reporting purpose.
- Positive impact is more efficient training management and a global recruitment platform.
- Another positive impact is globally aligned performance management tool.
- Negative impact is the LMS implementation. Success Factor outsourced the LMS implementation to a 3rd party, which caused a lot of problem due to their poor understanding our our needs. They speak system language not training management.
I would recommend because SuccessFactor provides a holistic HRIS that will allow us manage core HR functions in one system. Though a lot more improvement is needed to integrate the different modules, the SuccessFactor is a good platform where human capital is instantly visible. The key learning from my experience is the system implementation, and the reporting function in recruitment module is a key improvement area in our practice.
Using SAP SuccessFactors Learning
The score of 7 is a combination of great user experience with setback of the implementation and system admin. Taking the LMS as an example, our USA organization (1800 employees) was the pilot country of Panalpina global to implement the LMS. The end result (the baby) is great, however the cause of implementation (pregnancy and delivery) has been very painful. The key reason is the project implementation consultant did not understand what a corporate learning management system would need, they think and speak about "system" only. Success Factor should manage their partner more deligently when outsource system implementation.