Best Linux Enterprise distro
Overall Satisfaction with Suse Linux
I have been using the product for several years now. I have been very satisfied with it and the way it has integrated into many of the solutions that we have placed in service. Suse Linux (SLES) is a mature, solid Linux offering. I recommend that companies, which have not reviewed its potential, take a second look.
The Oracle database and application server, and the Orarun SuSE package made deploying those products so easy. It even allowed us to move most of the Oracle software configuration effort away from us to DBAs and application support personnel.
I do not know if YaST or Orarun made the most impact in our organization. Both made life a lot easier. YaST just made administration a breeze.
- YaST just made administration a breeze.
- Upgrade process has progressed to be very easy and seamless.
- The SDK and HA software extensions are really good.
- A more friendly SELinux frontend
- Compared to others, use is more stable and scalable; easy to manage.
- The administration tools are very useful in helping the staff performance.
- SLES proved to be a very extendable product, supporting all of our infrastructure.
- The major reason I chose to use the product was the extensive enterprise peripheral support.
Any company looking to standardize on a Linux platform should seriously review this product. It has served me well for many years.