Overall Satisfaction with Symantec Data Loss Prevention
I worked as a consultant implementing Symantec DLP to protect an entire enterprise's confidential data. A DLP product works the best when the entire company/organization is involved in the DLP implementation. The problem that Symantec DLP solves (and solves very well) is detecting, alerting and preventing confidential data from leaving a customers environment.
- Scalable -- Goes from small business to very large enterprises
- Up to date -- Symantec has invested a lot of money and resources in keeping the product up to date and ahead of the curve
- The best -- Leader of the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Needs help with Cloud Storage
- Needs help with on the Mac side of things
- Found data that should have been protected or moved to a different location
- Helped us understand what type of data is leaving the environment
- Code Green Networks Data Loss Prevention
Symantec DLP is the best. Put it in a head to head competition and it will win. However it can be a bit more expensive than other products so don't compare on price, compare on quality of product.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) works best when the entire organization (IT, Human Resources, etc.) is involved in the process and works the least when it is just the IT Security department involved. While it is good that Symantec DLP is modular and scalable this can also be a problem if the installation/configuration/etc., is not done correctly and not configured well. Please go to training or you will be a bit lost in the product as well.