Tableau Server is a great tool for small, medium, and large companieshttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTableau ServerUnspecified8.16661012019-03-06T16:24:50.544Z
Updated March 26, 2019
Tableau Server is a great tool for small, medium, and large companies
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
Tableau Server is being used across our entire organization. Every employee at Qualtrics has a Tableau Server user, and we use Tableau Server authentication to display reports and dashboards in our company portal. Tableau Server is used heavily within each department, with dedicated analysts for each team creating and deploying dashboards for all employees to consume. Sales leaders view dashboards regularly to track the progress of their teams, and individual contributors view dashboards frequently to track their own progress.
- Tableau Server is extremely well at providing a stabile system for us to host data sources and dashboards
- Tableau Server is great at managing permissions for users, data sources, workbooks, and dashboards
- Tableau Server has had some issue handling some of our larger data sets. Our extract refreshes fail intermittently with no obvious error that we can fix
- Tableau Server has been hard to work with before they launched their new Rest API, which is also a little tricky to work with
- Tableau Server has had a huge positive impact. It has allowed us to quickly distribute complex dashboards across the company
- Tableau Server has allowed us to easily manage our entire employee base at the company and control the dashboards they view and interact with
We use Tableau Server in the cloud through a windows computer managed in AWS. We run a lot of tabcmd scripts locally on that computer that we hope to be able to migrate to use the Tableau Rest API.
We currently manage permissions in Tableau Server's interface. This allows us to set user roles, add users to groups, set user and group permissions, and lock or unlock permissions for projects, data sources, and dashboards.
Tableau Server has been able to connect easily to everything that we use. It has had issues with larger extracts failing to refresh, but it has been easy to set up connections to all of our data
Subscriptions are extremely easy to set up. It is easy to manage permissions to control who can collaborate on certain projects. It is also easy to edit a coworker's workbook and publish changes.
Tableau has great online video resources to learn how to use Tableau Desktop. I have not utilized any video resources regarding Tableau Server, but I have utilized Tableau's own documentation which has been helpful.