Talend DI Suite Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/data-integrationTalend Data IntegrationUnspecified6.9481012015-12-14T18:20:31.695Z
December 14, 2015
Talend DI Suite Review
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Talend Integration Suite
Talend Integration Suite has been chosen as the enterprise data integration tool for our client. We were using Informatica Power Center before that. Currently we are recreating the existing power center mapping in Talend to decommission Informatica. All new projects are using Talend DI. Talend has data integration, big data integration, data profiling and master data management components which are widely used in our projects based upon the data requirements.
- Its an open source tool.
- Developers can add new customized components to Talend for specific needs.
- It has low cost as compared to commercial data integration tools.
- The enterprise version has an option for integrating a variety of data platforms and connects to variety of data sources.
- To run a job, a developer need not upload it to the server, jobs can be run locally.
- Data loading components for different databases can be improved further. Currently Greenplum target compenents or postgre data target components are not yielding high throughput,
- Transformation components can be made visually more attractive and informative.
- Syntax used in data transformation can be simplified.
- We decided to move away from a high cost commercial dData integration tool and opted to use Talend.
- Talend has been able to serve all our data integration needs for last two and half years and we have never felt limited to any available feature in the tool.
- Option to use local machine as a data integration service and run jobs on the desktop is usefull to carry out POCs and load personal data to the data warehouse.
- Informatica Power Center and Pentaho
Talend has all the data integration features needed for an enterprise along with big data integration. It stands tall as a data integration suite and has a low cost as compared to some of its commercial counterparts. Talend does not have reporting tools like Pentaho but its data integration features are more powerful.