Talend OpenStudio building your EDW at $0 cost
Overall Satisfaction with Talend Integration Suite
- JSON parsing, if you are into highly nested JSON object parsing Talend has the ability to display the structure of JSON and allows you to define the extraction logic in the metadata. Same with XML source.
- Customization, For mostly all ETL work you will have a component in Talend. And in case you have a very specific requirement you can end up easily designing a custom component that you can code and reuse and share with others.
- Talend has a connectivity option to almost all the databases (relational or NOSQ)L and sources available. It also has generic JDBC/ ODBC drivers in case you need it.
- I like the ease of deployment across environment (DEV and PROD) with the use of context variables.
- The Talend Administration Console TAC is a great place to schedule and monitor your jobs. Probably the interface can be improved.
- The product provides a cost effective solution to integrate salesforce data source
- With a single big data license customers can develop and deploy a full EDW solution
- Administration and installation
- BusinessObjects Data Services, data stage and Informatica
There are code building and code conversions internally in most of these ETL tools. The repository is an overhead in the ETL process. There may be a need for a full-time administrator to manage deployments and monitor jobs. With Talend, it seems to be transparent with the pure JAVA/PERL code. You have the ability to easily customize your code. It has support for big data integration. The data quality/ MDM tools can be easily integrated with Talend ETL.
The license cost is low compared to other ETL tools. With the new version of talend cloud-based hosted deployment is also available. An overall full featured open source version of Talend studio is available that can be used at zero cost with some amount of scripting to automate tasks.
I was able to replace SSIS with a zero cost Talend open studio deployment with shell scripting and CRON scheduling.
Talend gives the ability to pull data using WSDL/API and also to make data available as REST API. Talend jobs are platform independent and can be deployed easily. IDE is eclipse based.
Talend Data Integration Feature Ratings
Evaluating Talend Integration Suite and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
Talend Joblets support speedy development of jobs using templates. The documentation option dumps the entire job as HTML for technical review and readability.
Talend Integration Suite Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response