Technolutions Slate: Best in Breed
October 29, 2019

Technolutions Slate: Best in Breed

Michele Thibodeau | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Technolutions Slate

It is being used by our Admissions Dept. There is some use by other offices: Pharmacy/PA, Fine Arts, Financial Aid.

It is used for virtually all admissions/recruiting processing: communications, applicant ranking, event management, outreach/marketing.

Pros

• Being able to create a standard communications flow to/from applicants.
  • Very intuitive interface.
  • Query functions are fairly robust, but easy for end-users to use.

Cons

• Some of their table structures are overly complex; don't necessarily conform to usual standards in relational databases. This is being addressed, but some oddities still exist.
  • Slate has allowed our Admissions Department to use more forecasting tools to plan their strategies.
We had been on Recruitment Plus- it has been sunsetted, so we were forced to move. I also looked at Fire Engine Red. Slate seemed far and away the most robust CRM/Admissions solution.
I am not an end-user but use Slate as an "outsider" since I'm in IT. I use it to verify data coming to and from our SIS PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. That being said, I think it is robust and easy for most to use. It is clearly seen as the "Best in Breed" for CRM/Recruiting/Admissions systems. I am a firm believer in going with such systems. There are strength and power in numbers.

Technolutions is rather nimble and responsive with updates and addressing needs.

Slate for Admissions Feature Ratings