Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)
We have used Scribe to migrate data from a legacy SQL Membership database on premise to Dynamics 365 in the cloud. We also use Scribe to process memberships and update data between Dynamics 365 and GP Accounting (on prem). Scribe is also used to bring orders placed on our Web Store platform into Dynamics 365.
- Ad hoc updates and corrections to cloud based data sets that do not provide SQL type bulk update tools.
- Regular scheduled data integration tasks that can run overnight or even hourly.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 support is strong - allowing things to be done that Dynamics does not allow such as modifying order line items in a workflow.
- Data integration tasks can be triggered through API calls for near real-time updates and data synchronization between disparate systems.
- We can only work in Scribe for a couple of hours at a time before things slow to a crawl. Closing and re-opening your browser restores the speed.
- Triggering Scribe Jobs from Dynamics 365 could use better support via a D365 add-in solution from Tibco
- Testing and trouble-shooting Scribe jobs is slow and cumbersome. It would help to have a "window" into all fields in a record instead of just those that are explicitly used in a job.
- Scribe has allowed us to take control over many of our data integration tasks by removing the need for coding. These tasks can now be performed entirely by in-house staff instead of hiring outside programming help.
- Scribe makes it easier for us to keep all our disparate databases synchronized with each other.
- Scribe provides a means for us to reduce duplicate customer accounts by allowing us to perform data comparisons through lookup options beyond a single key field.
Scribe provides a simpler method of integrating cloud-based data sets than SSIS. We came across eOne after signing a 3-year contract with Scribe. We will evaluate eOne before renewing Scribe after our contract term expires. eOne seems to provide better API support and provides unlimited endpoints.
- Online training
The online training does not provide much for best practices. Our learning curve was longer than it could have been if we had access to someone who had real-life experience with the product.
Scribe works very well for smartly migrating data from one platform to another. With that said, it can take several days to migrate 100s of thousands of records into Dynamics 365. If the number of data changes is more than 50,000 records per day, Scribe (online) might not be the most practical solution. Perhaps the on-prem version would perform better.