TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

October 30, 2020
Guy DeBacker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Tibco Scribe to bring the data from our Dynamics 365 CRM Cloud environment to our on-premise data warehouse. We use this data in our BI environment, where our business users use it to create dashboards and reports. The sync is done on a daily basis using a manually selected set of Dynamics 365 CRM entities.
  • The setup of both the sending as the receiving side is easy, you don't really need expert skills to set up the "technical" part.
  • We don't need a complicated ETL tool to extract the data from the Cloud environment.
  • The overall management of what needs to be synchronized is straight forward.
  • Thanks to the specific SCRIBE fields in the receiving database we have a track of deleted records (for which we don't have anything in the CRM database).
  • The synchronization is not fast and seems to do some unnecessary work.
  • Selecting the entities to synchronize is quite tedious, you need to scroll through quite a big list (especially when you have a lot of custom entities) a filter would be welcome.
  • You need to manually update the metadata of the sending connection to see newly created entities, it would be nice if you could schedule those tasks too.
  • We already had quite some situations where MS changed things in the data model of CRM that caused issues in the sync tasks.
It is a great tool to quickly set up synchronization between an on-premise data warehouse and a cloud solution as MS Dynamics 365 Customer engagement (CRM), which was our specific use case. Most of the issues we ran into could be worked around without any special technical skills.

When you need more specific control (field level) of what needs to be synchronized, you need to look to a more specialized tool to do the data integration.
  • Self-taught
As mentioned earlier, setting up a SCRIBE environment is extremely easy, you don't need any technical skills to setup the "technical" part of the setup. You do need some knowledge of the source environment to determine which tables or enities you need to select for the integration purpose you have in mind. But is not related to the Tibco tool.
We started using Tibco Scribe when we moved to Microsoft Dynamcis 365 CRM, we previously had no need for such a tool. But we found it extremely easy to use and setup synchronization jobs. It was a no-brainer to create and maintain the jobs and schedules to keep our on premise database in sync the our CRM production environment.
My current experience with the support for Tibco Cloud Integration has been very positive. I always worked with skilled support engineers who knew the product well and most of the time understood my problem from the start. They also needed little time to resolve my cases and until now I have not needed to escalate tickets to second level support.
As mentioned in the previous sections, setup and maintenance is extremely easy. We don't have many issues for which we need support and there is no need for deep technical skills to use Tibco Cloud Integration platform.
The solution provides everything we need for our specific use case, being the replication of our Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM data to our on premise database for reporting.
We have not yet needed to scale the solution for which we use Tibco Cloud Integration. As mentioned earlier, we only use it to replicate our cloud hosted Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM environment. We don't have any plans to use the tool more extensively in the future.
Read Guy DeBacker's full review
October 30, 2020
Jim Wolf | TrustRadius Reviewer

We use Scribe to transfer data between multiple systems. From our account/contract system to our CRM system, as well as from our CRM system to another database.

Scribe plays a major role in making sure we have data integrity across multiple systems. It allows to avoid manual updates of data between system, which is crucial when we have limited staff. This allows staff to focus on other job duties.

• The creation of integration maps is straightforward.
  • The ability to schedule when solutions are run is of great value because we need to have systems updated in a particular order. Scheduling makes this easy.
  • When errors do occur, the error messages give enough information to allow us to diagnose how we need to fix records as necessary.
  • The system could be a little faster when navigating within maps. Sometimes there are delays while the page loads.
  • There could be more examples of how to use Scribe in the documentation.
  • I would suggest that Scribe provide suggestions when sending error messages eg Have you tried to refresh the metadata? This would save contacting support for some people.
Scribe is ideal when you want to move data between two systems. The ability to drag and drop is fantastic, plus the formula validation tool is a useful feature.

Off the top of my head, I don't have any scenarios where it is less appropriate because if you want to move data between two systems, Scribe is one of the best options.
  • Self-taught
Being self-taught allowed me to focus on my particular needs when using the product. The documentation is straightforward and usually easy to understand. However, there may be cases where I did things incorrectly before learning a better way due to my lack of experience when first using Scribe to transfer data between systems.
Scribe has allowed me to focus on other duties because of the ability to successfully integrate data between multiple systems in a reliable fashion. By being able to set times for maps to run, I know that data updates between systems will be done efficiently.

The map customization is fairly straightforward, so I am able to modify maps when necessary to adapt to business needs.

Whenever we've had issues, the support unit has been responsive to our needs. While I don't deal directly with them, our IT provider has kept me up to speed on the work Scribe support has needed to do and it appears they work efficiently to resolve outstanding issues.

It's good to know there's a support unit that responds to the customers.

The maps are fairly straightforward to create and use. The logical expressions and other units in the mapmaking process are straightforward, functional and understandable. It makes life much easier when you know you can figure out a way to make an integration work because of the toolset and commands that are available.
Read Jim Wolf's full review
October 28, 2020
We use TIBCO Cloud Integration to synchronize our ERP data with the CRM. It is used for six companies in Europe. As the ERP is the leading system, the source data always comes from Infor LN and Sage B7 ERP. This data is integrated into three different On-Premise Microsoft Dynamics CRMs. Most of the data is synchronized daily and partly every few minutes to keep the CRM data up to date.
  • Easy integration, even for non-programmers
  • It can connect to a lot of different systems/databases easily
  • The support is helpful and questions are answered fast and professionally. And if nothing helps, you get remote live-support
  • Good on-site training available
  • It is fast and (the CRM module) has the ability to cache query results
  • The debugger is a pain. Sometimes it is hard to find an issue
  • It is not possible to split the integrations into steps. You need to copy/paste (and maintain) integration-steps that are used in multiple integrations
I would recommend TIBCO Cloud Integration for most standard tasks, especially for integrating data to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The integration is fast and stable. But in some cases, I would think about a data warehouse solutions, especially when data needs to be calculated for business reports and dashboards. The calculation-abilities of TIBCO Cloud Integration are limited in these cases.
  • Self-taught
We have had an 2-day on-site basic training before we started building our integrations. After that we were able to build the first integrations very fast. I would strongly recommend a personal training to get a basic understanding how it works and what are common mistakes.
We set up the integration and did not need to change it for more than a year now. It's stable and fast. I can focus on other work now.
They helped a lot with moving solutions between organizations. Got a call and it was done quickly.
Most of the features work out of the box and stable. The mappings are done by drag'n'drop
We could easily add multiple agents and new systems. This had no impact on the performance
Yes - We did not register any downtime
October 28, 2020
We currently use Scribe for data integration between our CRM (Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement) and our ERP (an old AS400) as well as our CRM and our external website (HubSpot). We are also migrating to a new ERP (Dynamics 365 Business Central) and Scribe continues to play a roll in keeping our data integrated. Besides "near real-time" updates for data used is both systems, we also use Scribe for massive data uploads and edits (such as with our new ERP), as well as transferring data from our ERP into line-of-business model-driven PowerApps using the Common Data Service. Obviously, being connected so much with our CRM, much of the usage is for Sales and Marketing. But Finance, Purchasing, and our Creative Labs and Quality Control Labs also benefit.
  • Near-real time integration of multiple systems along with data validation and translation in the integration maps.
  • Integration Events have also been used in the past to display related data from a different system on-load, rather than always copying data and storing it in multiple places.
  • Massive data uploads are useful, for example, when adding a new field to records and loading correct data on all the records as a starting place.
  • TIBCO Scribe also has so many connectors. We've used D365CE, D365BC, SQL, Excel, HubSpot, and ODBC.
  • Logic built into the functions and drag and drop actions make creating maps pretty painless and very powerful.
  • Some level of beginner training would be great. There are some commands that aren't immediately clear what the slight difference is between each one and what scenarios make one command better than another.
  • Similarly, example Scribe maps could also be useful, if that's possible. Again, it was a little slow for me getting started and seeing examples always makes things easier for me to understand.
Copying, transforming, and loading data, hands down, very powerful. Also, connecting various systems and moving data back and forth or displaying related data from one system to another, incredibly useful.
Less useful for data that needs to immediately be somewhere else (rather than waiting 2-5 minutes). Or when one action in one place should immediately trigger another action somewhere else, Scribe might not be the way to go.
  • Self-taught
As I mentioned before, getting started was a little slow for me. We had two different consultants who were using Scribe for some work they were doing for us, and we got some information education from them. But truthfully, as I learned the product more and more myself, I found somewhat better ways to do some things. So most of it was self-taught, and we figured things out as we went. I think like anything, hands-on, real usage is the best way to learn. And the best way to do that is dive in and figure it out. I will say Scribe offers a useful manual, but I wish there were more videos and "real world usage" blog examples.
It absolutely has improved my effectiveness. As I've mentioned, mass data updates has saved me time, for example, when adding a new field and mass updating all the existing records with the default value. While there are other ways to do this, using Scribe has made it faster. In addition, I'm getting a lot of value using the Excel connector for ad hoc data uploads.

In addition, Scribe is integral to keeping our business systems connected. Before, users would have to open multiple systems to check related data. But now with Scribe, we are able to keep data in sync near real time and save our users time going back and forth between our ERP and CRM.
There are times when a connector stops working. While I'm notified there is a problem with my map, when I investigate, make some tests on my end, look at our Microsoft cloud health, and eventually go to their Support site to submit a ticket, I often found this was a known issue. The problem is on Microsoft because their data service is down or maybe it's an update that got rolled out and that broke something, but Scribe is planning on delivering a fix in a day or two. I just wish I didn't have to jump through all the hoops of investigating and then looking on their support site. I wish they would proactively tell me this in, based on the problems my current connector is having and based off what connectors I'm using, just let me know about a known issue that pertains to me. Instead, I have to hunt for it and that usually takes about an hour, to determine if the problem is on our end, Microsoft's, or Scribes. And then ultimately learn they know about the problem and are already working on it. But submitting a ticket, the response time and level of help is pretty good.
Tibco Scribe is an incredibly powerful tool which has a simple drag-and-drop interface. Setting up an integration can be quick, and Scribe offers many different connectors for data sources and destinations and many functions for data validation and transformation. While getting started can be a little slow due to the learning curve, the end results are well worth the effort.

November 02, 2020
Scribe Replication Service (RS) is used only by me to replicate 73 MS CRM 365 entities to an Azure SQL Database, used as a "data warehouse". The 73 tables in our Azure SQL database are updated by the RS every night. The intent was to have a copy of the most useful CRM entities in the cloud for reporting purposes with Power BI.
  • Daily Replication succeeds without errors more often than not.
  • The Replication Service does not include the ability to "pre-filter" the data in any way, i.e., it gets ALL records from the beginning of time and ALL columns, many of which are not used in CRM.
  • Several errors with records that fail to be processed are frequently reported, including "Execution timeout expired", "data would be truncated", and "Cannot insert duplicate key row". I've opened support cases for these, but none seem to have a solution I can use.
  • The row counts of all entities replicated should be approximately equal to the row counts in the source database, but several entities' counts are significantly different.
  • In the Scribe Online web app pages, the error details panel cannot be resized andruns off the bottom of the screen, making impossible to read the entire error message.
Scribe Replication Service is not well-suited for maintaining accurate copies of database tables. It also has very limited connection options for source and target.
  • Self-taught
With the limitations of Scribe RS, I don't think training had any impact.
Scribe Replication has enabled me to load data from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM data source into an Azure SQL Database, which our organization uses as a data source for Power BI reports.
Some issues I encountered with Scribe Replication related to replication job failures do not have a solution, but can be ignored, according to support personnel. This occasionally requires me to manually check whether specific data has been successfully replicated. On some cases I've opened with support, the solution provided assumed I was using the Scribe CRM Integration solution instead of the Replication solution.
Most of the time, the CRM to Azure SQL Database Replication solution works correctly without user intervention.
October 27, 2020
We currently use Scribe to import data from a third-party source that collects industry wide projects and quotes. That data is imported into our CRM system and then disseminated to our sales and management staff via CRM and related reports. We also use Scribe to import data into our CRM from SharePoint, HubSpot, and SQL databases from other company applications. In addition, we use Scribe replication to pull down CRM data to SQL tables for additional analysis and reporting.
  • Good user interface
  • Good customer support
  • Easy to build new Scribe applications
  • Somewhat unreliable at times; system wide slow downs or crashes; software glitches or errors
  • Not able to easily trace reasons or causes of problems
  • Not easy to organize solutions
Scribe integration works pretty good, although the online service is subject to frequent slow-downs or inaccessibility problems. Scribe replication is somewhat unreliable. We have had two instances in which data deletions in our CRM was not reflected in our SQL replication tables, and Scribe Support was unable to tell us why.
Scribe has allowed us to easily integrate data from multiple sources, including 3rd party sources. It was easy to learn and fairly easy to maintain. It has improved my productivity by allowing me to automate daily data integration, freeing me up to do other things. Our only beef is with the reliability. There seems to be frequent issues with online resource availability and the replication service seems to have problems that have cost us a lot of time to try and track down.
TIBCO has a pretty good support team and they are usually very responsive. They usually respond to a problem or question within a few hours and everyone on their support staff seem pretty knowledgeable. They are also usually very courteous and easy to work with.
When Scribe was absorbed into the TIBCO product family, they did introduce a bit of complexity. The user interface was a little less friendly and signing into the product has become much more difficult. What used to take a couple of clicks, now takes 7 or clicks. Not major, but somewhat of a nuisance.
October 27, 2020
We offer Scribe to multiple customers as a Microsoft partner. Our most common uses are one-off migrations from legacy systems to dynamics 365 or ongoing integrations between dynamics 365 and another system.
  • Point and click design for integration maps
  • Simple scheduling of integrations
  • Useful error reporting
  • Since moving to Scribe online: no publisher
  • Online editor can be sluggish: lagging
  • Debug should mimic a commit not actually commit
  • Improve having live and testing integrations in one tenancy
Dynamics on-prem to online upgrade. Dynamics to NAV. Dynamics to SQL.
  • Self-taught
I initially self taught using an earlier iteration of Scribe online. Subsequently i have had in person training.
I think the online materials are sufficient for you to pick up the basics and work from there
The ability to copy and paste block between integrations has saved time.
The revisions functionality has also made rolling back really good.
THe support is really good, would be useful if it was single sign on between the platform and the support.

The cases are updated in a timely fashion and prompts when an update is needed.
The UI has improved dramatically over the years of using scribe.

the drag and drop with the connectors means building integrations can be super fast.

THe debug tools is also rally useful
Scalable dealing with arge volume of data
Yes - Very little downtime - migration from US to EU datacenter
June 07, 2020
Salah BENAMIRA | TrustRadius Reviewer
TIBCO BusinessWorks is used as an integration layer in my organization. It resolves all problems to transport data (file, ftp, Web service, API...) inside our organization or with our partners.
  • Quick developement
  • Quick deployment
  • Easy monitoring
  • Easy scaling
  • API Rest and JSON tools are not natively available in the designer V5
  • Sometimes the mapping tab presents some bugs (for example : if statement)
  • Maven cannot be used to build TIBCO BusinessWorks projects
All integration problems can be quickly and easily solved with TIBCO BusinessWorks.
  • Self-taught
It's very easy to learn Tibco BW. Many free videos and tutorials show you how to use it.
The support was able to answer each time. Even if sometimes, a little longer exchanges were necessary.
TIBCO Businessworks is the one of the best ESB in the market. The version V5 is missing the JSON / RestFul functionnalities. So
Going to version 6 to remedy this, seems to me a relevant continuity
Read Salah BENAMIRA's full review
June 02, 2020
As a consultant, I am advising and helping clients who have Scribe and Flogo products. Each customer has different use case, which shows how well Scribe and the other TCI products help with integrating data between systems. There are many connectors which helps any customer even with only data knowledge (no programming knowledge) build effective and reliable data maps between the different solutions. Tibco knows how to integrate and their product suite shows this as well.
  • Scribe can dependably map or sync data between systems. When you have different systems being used by many departments, this is the tool to keep the data in-sync!
  • API's are widely used by many applications and companies. Tibco Cloud Integration allows companies to integrate data from an older ERP system with a newer system using an API.
  • Tibco provides the flexibility for business users, developers and anyone in-between to understand where data is moving within their organization.
  • One example of flexibility of the solution is easily manipulating data on the fly.
  • Tibco has some older products. Those products have newer alternatives rising to the top.
  • BusinessWorks is a little difficult for users with no programming experience.
Scribe has allowed my company to provide dependable mapping of data for any scenario. One example is a customer who was integrating large amounts of data to MS CRM and having issues with the CRM API. Rather than pushing many thousands of records through the API, Scribe allowed us to create a process to maintain 100% reliability of data and know exactly which records need to be updated. The end result was sending a much smaller set of records over to CRM.
  • Online training
Integrating specific systems together is old news. That takes too much time as new solutions are coming into the market frequently. The business needs fast ways to integrate the data so each department has ways to view the data they need to make business decisions. Tibco's products provide a way for exactly this. Faster integrations between solutions and if a department changes their system (new CRM system for example), that's easy to modify in Tibco products to keep the business running efficiently.
June 02, 2020
TIBCO BusinessWorks is used as ESB/Integration layer with connectivity to heterogenous applications like SAP, Salesforce, Ariba, Java based applications, Informatica applications, .NET applications, legacy applications across entereprise. TIBCO Business Works addresses application connectivity across enterprise systems and getting information to the right system at the right time with high availability.
  • Easy Learning and development capabilities.
  • Ease of integration to any kind of applications using connectors/adapters/plugins.
  • Usage of custom java functions and sharing resources during design-time to reduce development effort.
  • Cost and time to market.
  • Pluggable CI-CD pipleline for devops
  • Handling HTTP requests in more efficient way. For high HTTP loads, TIBCO Business Works needs improvement to handle heavy loads.
  • Hot Deployment features needs improvement where variables/property values can be changed on-demand without need for redeployment.
  • Handliing Dynamic JDBC queries needs improvement and traditional JDBC statements may not fit into fast changing world.
  • Automated unit testing feature needs more focus
Quick implementation of web services and HTTP based use-cases are well-suited. JMS, JDBC, File based scenarios also add to its best performing portfolio. Adapters/Plugins to connect to different applications like SAP, PeopleSoft, Legacy, Mainframe, Oracle Suite makes TIBCO Business Works easy to integrate with any kind of application.

Implementing API's using TIBCO Business Works is less appropriate where API's are bound to physical machine TCP ports making them inefficient to handle multiple operations. Scalability of existing applications is less appropriate for TIBCO BusinessWorks.
Program timeline had significant issues and acquiring TIBCO integration has make us meet timeline and deliver as promised.
March 04, 2020
We are using TIBCO Cloud Integration to connect ERP System to internal subsystems.
  • Clean interface
  • Good customer service
  • Lots of errors--having to restart the system and losing work in the process
  • Solutions are cumbersome and very difficult to organize.
  • System periodically will just not work, specifically when you are trying to fetch records to preview.
  • System is VERY slow.
TIBCO Cloud Integration does well in on-demand data transfer of small loads. I do not recommend high amounts of data transmissions. There are other solutions that are much better for higher data capacity.

Solutions are extremely difficult to organize because everything is in one spot and is paged. This is probably my biggest issue with the system, besides the frequent seemingly random errors.
December 09, 2019
Nachiket Kulkarni | TrustRadius Reviewer

TIBCO BW is used across the whole organization. It is an efficient software to ease the integration process of backend and front-end systems. It supports a wide variety of technology like SAP,Siebel,PeopleSoft,Facebook etc etc. Someone using TIBCO BW does not have to worry about data conversion issues between front-end and back-end systems or incompatible software products. It seamlessly converts the data via the use of XML as a standard.

It is a highly scalable and reliable software that has many supporting technologies like JDBC, JMS, different databases, messaging systems, data conversion system. It is extremely user friendly using the Eclipse UI as a standard and is highly customizable.

It is certainly a leader in the integration software industry.

• Data conversion
  • Data transfer
  • Integration
  • Can be less heavy on memory use
  • Should be accessible for students for further enhancement
  • Can be expanded for use with more open source products
- Well suited to integrate plugins for any software.
- Process large volume of data in real time
- Suited for data conversion for systems that follow different data conventions
- Suited for cloud deployment

- Not suited for low processing capability systems
Read Nachiket Kulkarni's full review
December 16, 2019
Leonardo Cruz | TrustRadius Reviewer
TIBCO BusinessWorks is an agile solution for integration needs, allowing you to have real time information for strategic decision making. With TIBCO BW, organizations can take their IT Architectures to an SOA Architecture, allowing them to improve their business processes, and allowing companies to have a digital transformation. A main item of TIBCO Cloud Integration, which allows small and medium enterprises to use the product in an elastic architecture.
  • It is a product that allows distributed solutions that complies with SOA principles
  • With the principle of non-code, it helps companies have more agility and better understand their processes and fulfill the business objectives.
  • Manage real-time information for new business decision-making strategies
  • There are few customers with the product in my country Colombia. So the potential of the platform is not known.
  • Not much documentation for independent developers.
Agile Platform for SOA Implementation, In strategy of encapsulating legacy systems is the best alternative, It offers different adapters that do not need coding. For horizontal growth scenarios BW is listed, as well as load-balancing or fault-tolerant strategists for business environments that need business continuity to failures. As well as the ceter of monitoring and traceability as security are covered.

TIBCO Cloud Integration, allows the optimization of the operational overload of IT, and organizations should not be concerned about IT elements such as servers, operating systems, firewalls, etc., as well as not generated on maintenance costs the administration of a TIBCO BW onpremise. TIBCO Cloud Integration helps to improve the availability of the integration resource, allowing the use of IT resources in real business needs and obtaining a real ROI.

In the case of TIBCO BW 5 and 6, the support obtained with TIBCO has been excellent. It is important for the support to be able to properly convey the inconvenience that helps them with the support. It is also important that employers comply with standards and good practic
es of involvement.
From its web administrative interface that provides added value for administrators, such as its development platform which is very intuitive, TIBCO Cloud Integration offers many benefits but it is important that the personnel using the product be previously trained in architecture as a definition Inadequate can make TIBCO Cloud Integration more complex to use or does not comply with the specifics.
Read Leonardo Cruz's full review
December 10, 2019
Joshua Moesa | TrustRadius Reviewer
TIBCO BusinessWorks is our main platform for enterprise application Integration within the logistics domain. We successfully implemented integration solutions using the ESB pattern (soapatterns.org) , supporting our core operational processes like parcel sorting. Right now we are in the process of maturing our cloud native architecture. We're mainly looking at how to realize the cost benefits of migrating to the cloud.
  • Zero-code development. Model driven which makes it more easy to explain integration solutions to less technical stakeholders.
  • A lot of configuration options to make robust solutions. Think of fault-tolerance, loadbalancing, circuit breaking, session pooling etc.
  • Openness so it can be integrated in your own CI/CD pipelines and monitoring solutions.
  • The (Java fat client) UI of BW5 feels outdated compared to current user interface standards. Successor BW6/BWCE is Eclipse based and allthough it's an improvement you still need to cope with the ux quirks. In the future I would like to see a webbased UI.
  • The BW process development tools heavily lean on XML and Xpath. Therefore, processing big documents isn't recommended. You need to consider this upfront.
  • Due to the ease of use of the development tools, you can build robust solutions very quickly. It would be nice if the tooling would provide optimization tips (using AI) during development.
  • Docker base image of BusinessWorks Container Edition is quite big. Allthough latest version has adressed this.
Well suited in environments where solving business or domain problems fast and efficiently is more important than coding a state-of-the-art technical solution. Less suited in organizations that are on a small budget. The container edition also needs a lot of other tools to be really operational like logging and monitoring solutions.
  • Self-taught
The platform has a lot of capabilities and can be overwhelming at first to learn. The official training is structured and has a low learning curve. Which is good because it helps you to understand the capabilities veryquick. The training books are very suitable as reference material afterwards.
We're able to build applications in a cloud native manner. With this I mean that we're scalable, fault tolerant and observable.
Read Joshua Moesa's full review
Gavin Atkinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Scribe at 4 different client sites. We have developed a number of integrations to help our clients link disperate systems together. This includes SQL Server to Microsoft Dynamics and FTP/CSV to dynamics. All our scribe solutions have enabled our clients to get almost real time feeds from different systems into their main Dynamics CRM system without the need for custom written code. We can manage all the integrations centrally with the ability to administrate across multiple companies quickly and easily.
  • Centralised administration of all integration solutions. The ability to sign-in once and quickly administrate and develop across multiple sites is just great.
  • Easy modification when changes are required. Customer requirement change all the time, with Scribe you simple make a small few changes. Integration changes no longer mean a full release, customer code etc.
  • Support for many connectors - We haven't yet had a customer where a connector isn't available, the local agents are great where clients are still on premises.
  • Easy Debugging - The validation means that most things just work, but when you do hit a problem the step by step debugger is so useful to quickly identify where the problem lies.
  • We have one situation where we required to use REST and a bearer token. While Scribe used REST it didn't support bearer token. This needs to be added.
  • History logs just disappear after a period. Sometimes you may only run a job every few months, could we just keep all logs. Also sometimes you make a mistake, as administrator could I just be able to clear any log if I need to ?
  • Query runner - When we have clients with a local agent we often don't have access to their system (eg; SQL Server). We can build a integration to run a custom query and preview it, but it's clunky to do. Couldn't we have a query window so we could send native queries via the local agent and get test results.
Great for linking multiple different database systems. Where you want to get information say from a financial billing system into CRM it's easy to build a solution. This can often mean users of one system (e.g. CRM), no longer need to access multiple systems to get the data they need to do their jobs. It can also often mean users no longer need licences for multiple systems and save money. Also great as an integration tool to bring data from many systems together when building a reporting system (e.g. Power BI).
  • Self-taught
Scribe is so easy to use and understand. Assuming you have basic database and integration skillys you will be up and running in no time. We used the Scribe online training which was great, and the support community and documenation is in-depth and useful if you run into difficulties. Great thing about online training provided is you can just learn what you need to know when you need to know it, training on demand !
Read Gavin Atkinson's full review
December 05, 2019
yixiang Shan | TrustRadius Reviewer
At FedEx EMEA, TIBCO BusinessWorks is used in many IT departments; it is used to address the data consuming/consolidation and distribution of the enterprise data. It is also used to build the SOAP based enterprise service. It is connected with the TIBCO EMS based enterprise messaging main bus, and it persists the transformed data into the various data sources, for example Oracle RAC, IMDG and Cassandra NoSQL.
  • The main strength of Tibco BusinessWorks is the seamless integration of development/testing/deployment.
  • The learning curve of Tibco BusinessWorks Designer is not so steep, which helps to achieve a quick to the market strategy.
  • The many levels configuration overriding possibility makes the solution flexible.
  • The RESTful + JSON support is still not too perfect.
  • The integration with the native self-developed Java modules is still lacking general framework support.
  • It's too flexible to override the configuration properties on domain/engine/process/server levels and sometimes causes project management and maintenance problems.
Back-end data transformation/enhancement and processing are the best scenarios where Tibco BusinessWorks is suited. Service development is too much of an over-kill scenario.
  • Self-taught
TIBCO's training materials are quite not open, it is very hard to google some useful tips, as our company bought the official enterprise license from Tibco, we got some in-person training organize, but only that is not sufficient to master it, so self-taught and knowledge sharing across the teams and members are the most important for us
Apparently, the TIBOC Cloud Integration is very user friendly, its data mapping function is very powerful while with not so steep learning curve. We can easily start building our solution in a kind of intuitive way and work handing over to colleagues now becomes much easier and strait forward. The easy to deploy feature also enables us quickly roll out our latest features into the production environment
We got some technical issues regarding some strange behavior of Mail function/component of Tibco BW, we have escalated to TIBCO BW support, although finally the patch solution is provided but it takes relatively long time, considering our industry nature as "express", the speed of providing us the necessary solution doesn't match our expectation
Read yixiang Shan's full review
December 04, 2019
Lorenzo Lombardi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Scribe software (as the old naming) for one of our customers in order to manage the integration between SugarCRM and IBM Watson Campaign Automation (WCA). The integration is concerning contact, leads and account subscription.
  • Easy to implement and customize.
  • The solution is fully integrated between SugarCRM and WCA.
  • Fast and easy to debug.
  • The placement of the GUI interfaces can be confusing.
  • I'd rather have a split window screen (menu left and edit right) when editing a block property.
In my experience, I can't really face a scenario where the TIBCO product is inappropriate. Everything was working well even during stress tests and heavy loads (as number or frequency). The solution is perfect for our customers with a really small effort from a technical side.
  • Self-taught
The introductory training covers boh the basics of Scribe as well as the potential of the software. It was really helpful and thorough

Usually we rely on custom integration software. Using a pre-built solution has been/is a benefit.
Read Lorenzo Lombardi's full review
December 03, 2019
Allen Reinke | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization; mostly for demo/proof of concepts for potential clients (OTT, Inc. is a Scribe partner)
  • Multiple connection options, as well as customization of your own connectors.
  • Allowed for connecting to various systems, even a client's old legacy COBAL based system.
  • REST and allowance to create custom connections, allowed us to close several client deals.
  • Training for custom connector building is limited.
  • If you are not a developer, learning to create custom connections is something you may have to outsource; it has a very steep learning curve.
  • Some of the basic connectors (i.e. MS Dynamics GP) are a bit more limited than the on-premise version for Scribe Insight.
Well suited for point to point schedule integrations, somewhat limited on real-time integrations (without a lot of customization at the source).
  • Self-taught
We have various clients that have moved to Scribe; and on average they are saving 20-30 hours of manual work per month. This is allowing their employee's to focus on other more productive business issues, without having to handle the mundane data entry, these integrations replaced. This has also, improved and reduce user input errors..
Read Allen Reinke's full review
July 30, 2019
Alex Kipkirui | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used as the primary ESB solution in the whole organization to address system integration needs. For any new project requiring integration across several systems, we use BusinessWorks to create the needed integration functionalities.
  • Tibco EMS is a very fast and robust solution to assist in processing a huge number of messages and guaranteeing a very high throughput.
  • Ease of deploying a Tibco BusinessWorks project from development to production. It is almost zero deployment time.
  • BusinessWorks designer is easy and intuitive to use.
  • low code platform and therefore much reduced time to market
  • TIBCO has a very strong innovation wing together with strong presence in the market
  • With Tibco container edition,we can easily build cloud native integrations and take advantage of micro service architecture
  • SFTP - currently TIBCO has no palette for performing SFTP operations. We have to write custom Java code which does the SFTP operations and then call the Java code from TIBCO.
  • provision for a palette for performing smpp connections
1.Creation of any web service - Tibco BusinessWorks is suitable for creating any soap/restful API

Less Appropriate scenarios:
- Calling a target service which has no properly defined soap action and has generic schema APIs- this requires a lot of XSLT transformation and calling the target API using send HTTP request palette.This is quite complex and requires quite some skill in Tibco and may not be achieved by a junior developer
  • Self-taught
The skillset gap for our new developers was bridged by the training we received and also being able to discover new capabilities exposed by Tibco that we previously were not aware of
It has enabled me to deliver complex integrations to the organization without writing lots of lines of code and also support critical integrations that move a lot of millions
The fact that I am able to get proper technical support from tibco psg group and also I like the fact that Tibco support always organize a conference call for critical tickets.The conference call always fix the issues on first contact with the customer
BW designer is very intuitive to use and also documentation available in tibco site is very easy to understand and apply when developing integration applications using tibco businessworks
Read Alex Kipkirui's full review
November 15, 2019
Pasan Perera CMA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for integration of Dynamics 365 to Dynamics GP. Most of the integrations are real-time. Also, we use it to automate some processes within Dynamics CRM. These integrations run on hourly, nightly and monthly schedules. We also use the Dynamics GP and CRM adapters to connect. TIBCO Cloud Integration's Scribe has been a very useful tool for us.
  • Dynamics CRM integration
  • GP adapter
  • Ability to connect to multiple sources
  • UI is not very intuitive
  • Advanced formulas
CRM integration between GP has been working really well for us.
Read Pasan Perera CMA's full review
December 06, 2019
Our IT team is using Scribe to migrate data from one cloud application to another as part of a transition to a new application. It will also be used after the data migration is complete on a daily basis for regular data processing for interfaces between the cloud and our internal organization's application. We are the first team in our organization to try Scribe. We have used other services similar to Scribe, but they are more costly.
  • Scribe has a lot of connectors for different types of sources and targets
  • Security is easy to maintain in Scribe
  • Scribe's use of graphical mapping designer makes it easy to visualize what a map is doing
  • List view filtering is annoying in the interface. It does not save your filter or page that you were viewing. So if you click on a solution and then return to the list, the view is reset. You also cannot filter on solution status.
  • Often the metadata for sources and targets do not display in mappings. Sometimes you have to close and reopen a map several times before the fields will display. It's extremely slow.
  • There is no way to stop run-away processes via the application. I've had many instances where a process has been hung and cannot be stopped without calling in a ticket. Usually, it perpetually stay s in that state and you end up needing to recreate the solution.
  • There is no way to purge the internal database file used on the Scribe agent. Once it reaches a maximum size (which is small), the agent becomes unusable and needs to be retired.
  • It's difficult to manage which solutions are using which agents and which solutions are using which connections. There should be easier ways to report on this information.
  • Often your changes appear to have been saved but are actually not saved and the solution does not run correctly.
  • I've had instances where a source Oracle view is inputting x number of records but Scribe does not process them and does not produce any sort of error. It just looks as if there was nothing to process. This happens randomly.
  • The "statistics" produced by the solutions do not make it easy to understand which maps produced which update/create counts. Also, the record counts are difficult to interpret and also thrown off by batching. Other cloud services seem to be able to produce easy to read record counts by step even when they include batching. Not sure why this cannot.
  • There is no good instruction for determining the correct number of maps per solution or number of agents per server that are recommended.
  • There is no facility for running pre and post processing commands (like in other similiar apps). So you cannot have a script to check for presence of a file or to delete a file or create a trigger file.
  • Flat file handling is not very powerful and is clunky. If you want to change the delimiter used by a source or target file, you need to manually recreate the entire definition. You can import from a sample file, but the individual field type and sizes are lost.
  • If you want to reassign a connection for a solution (like UAT to PROD), you need to go into each individual map and change the source there instead of being able to do it at the solution level.
  • There is no way to copy a solution. You can have to export all the maps individually, create a new solution and then import all those maps. Then go into each one and wait for the metadata to refresh and then save each one (sometime several times) in order for it to become "complete".
  • The progress counter is very slow to update on running solutions
  • When a solution is running, there is no way to tell which map is currently executing within the solution.
  • If you run an individual step within a solution instead of the entire solution, there is no way to tell which step is running until it's done.
  • Validation within a map is cloogy. the slowness of the interface causes lag in the map validation. this flags errors that no longer exist.
  • Mapping fields could be easier. there is no marker on the source side to show which fields have been mapped and which haven't. This is a pain when you have hundreds of fields to map. Other similar apps show a check mark.
  • There are so many little things that could be improved about the user interface. I could go on and on.
It's suited for low volume data movement on sources and targets which don't have many fields and are located on databases without many objects. The amount of metadata generated when retrieving database schemas causes extreme slowness when you have many fields and/or numerous DB objects. We tried to create schemas with access to as little as possible to limit this. It also should be something closely monitored if using it for scheduled tasks. It often fails for varying reasons, and needs to be restarted or have individual records reprocessed. It's not incredibly stable.
Because of the diverse connector types available, Scribe is useful for accessing a variety of source/target types.
  • Self-taught
We did have several meetings with Scribe experts but I didn't find it that helpful. Mostly I have found things out by trial and error or searching internet forums to see if anyone else has had the issue. In most cases, the issues are known issues with no resolution or just something you cannot do with the tool. It would be nice to see more videos or help sites with examples that can get people started on things. Lack of examples seems to be the biggest lack.
Scribe performed almost exactly the same function as our prior ETL tool. The prior tool had a better interface (IMO) but Scribe is less expensive. Scribe didn't really offer any benefits other than cost and at the time had better integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM since the other tool wasn't ready with the CRM connector.
November 27, 2019
TIBCO BusinessWorks is being used to integrate various legacy systems owned by transmission and distribution company supporting 3.5 million customers. Currently it is being used by the IT department to integrate various legacy systems like CIS, Asset management, meter data management, Market operations etc. It allows clients to connect various third party tools without much hassle. The development, deployment and monitoring TIBCO BusinessWorks applications are easy and does not require training more than 2 weeks.
  • Less time to develop and deploy
  • Ease of maintenance
  • Easy business integration
  • Cloud integration is not well explored
  • Restful JSON is not fully supported
  • Version 6 is unfinished
It is useful when there are requirement to integrate two different package products.
Business logic/rule should not be used in Tibco BusinessWorks.
  • Self-taught
It help me to explore power of TIBCO business works product. It has vast support of various operation. It help me to apply during actual implementation.
December 10, 2019

It is used by a department for manufacturing electronic system. It keeps separate logic from implementation, making it easy for application to call services. Logging and centralization let us easily detect problems.

We use TIBCO Rendezvous protocol behind BusinessWorks

For example, we use a service to retrieve data between different systems and though different protocols (FTP, shell script...) making all transparent to clients.

• Abstraction of logic
  • Robustness (very high)
  • Good maintainance
  • Versatility
  • Usability of GUI (too many settings in too many places)
  • Slow management interface
  • Difficult to learn

Appropriate when you need to highly monitor the service you do, or when you do not have rights or code for some parts of the service.

Good for big applications and for selling your service to customers, not to use for small web applications, the effort is not worth it. Now there are plenty of cheaper alternatives.

• In-person training
The training was good to understand all the environment, but the exercises where too easy and banal, not really a real world cases.
the support for tibco businessworks is of different types: for the day by day work I can work well
with standard documentation. palettes and buttons are well documented too.
With our contract we can call for support from tibco itself, which can be
defined case by case. tibco consultant I met are all very competent
- Things are not placed in intuitive places.
- XPath code is hidden many windows, too many click before getting a main part on the process flow. Data mapping is without doubt the best feature of businessworks, so it should be improved.
- The administration website could be more user-friendly, for example a better console of what and where is running.
December 06, 2019
We use it for data integration or migration stages of the projects we take on as consultants for companies looking to move to Salesforce from some other legacy system. We build out a solution and train a customer's employee to take over the management after we're done.
  • The price of the Scribe Online integration platform is very competitive with the features provided.
  • The ease of use for designing solutions is good.
  • The web-based interface makes it easy to manage from any location without installing operating system specific client-side software.
  • Field mapping is not easy to use and is not clear which fields are mapped where or if they're utilized at all
  • There are often delays when opening solutions or mappings and waiting 10-30 seconds for the cache to fully load before being able to click on the next item. This can be quite frustrating to navigate.
  • The session timeout of 2 hours is kind of aggressive and the login page doesn't play nice with LastPass extension (often have to refresh for it to behave correctly)
  • It doesn't seem to support using multiple tabs in parallel
  • It would be nice to be able to copy/clone individual elements of a solution rather than only exporting the entire solution. Even better (though might be impossible/challenging to implement) would be to build an element and have it referencable from other solutions so you can edit one and have the changes present in both (rather than just a copy that is independent).
  • There is no centrally managed High Water Mark feature: each operation in a solution uses its own independent High Water Mark so it is possible for them to be out of sync of each other if operations take a while to run
Scribe Online is better suited to smaller or less complex integrations that don't require a large number of steps to achieve the desired result.
  • Online training
The training seemed basic and didn't really provide instruction or examples for more realistic real-world solutions/projects.
TIBCO Cloud Integration has enabled us to integrate multiple platforms together at a reasonable cost and effort so that we can have a unified system rather than "swivel-chair" isolated systems so that our users can be more effective at the work and our data can be more reliable and accurate.
I've not reached out often for support, but they seemed pretty average for support teams.
Relatively easy to use with mostly clicks, not code - especially for less tech-savvy people. It is lacking some of the more advanced features and controls that could be done with other iPaaS.
Seems to scale well
December 06, 2019
We use TIBCO BusinessWorks for all real time integration across the whole organization. Anytime, we want to get real time data synced across different systems, TIBCO BusinessWorks is our first toolkit of choice.
  • TIBCO BusinessWorks does really well in the DB adapters. We can configure and be set up and running in minutes.
  • Design and implementation of business process is pretty simple and intuitive.
  • Debugging capabilities other than debugging Java code. It is addressed with the latest version of Business Studio.
  • Plugins or adapters for the new technologies. Even SFTP plugins are introduced late in the market and it is not part of the standard bundle. It has to be purchased separately.
  • RV is very complex to understand for a newcomer.
  • Debugging limitations.
TIBCO BusinessWorks is not for all solutions. It works really well with the real time data but it has performance issues when it deals with file parsing or a large volume of batch data etc.

Pre-built connectors (98)
Connector modification (8)
Support for real-time and batch integration (96)
Data quality services (6)
Data security features (7)
6.5
Monitoring console (98)
6.4

What is TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)?

TIBCO Cloud™ Integration is an enterprise iPaaS platform. It offers capabilities matching users of various skill levels, so that they can connect cloud apps, build hybrid integration flows across on-premises systems, and develop microservices and IoT edge applications. It takes a drag-and-drop and API-led design approach, and has a deploy-anywhere model. The vendor's goal is to help users get their apps connected more quickly and easily.

TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) Features

Cloud Data Integration Features

Has featurePre-built connectors
Has featureSupport for real-time and batch integration
Has featureMonitoring console

Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, IBM

TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) Pricing

• Entry-level set up fee?Optional
BasicStarting from $400 per month, billed annuallynumber of iPaaS apps
PremiumStarting from $1,500 per month, billed annuallynumber of iPaaS apps; includes additional functionality

TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) Support Options